Options

Glynneath Boxing Day 5

Does anyone know anything about this run. For instance could it have a 'penguin rating', where does it start from etc.
I have not run for over two weeks now due to injury then the flu type lurgy, soi am looking for some motivation to get going again but not something that will demoralise if you know what I mean.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Caren

Will see what I can find out for you about this race.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Last year the last runner was in at 54 minutes.....can't find details of course ....but give me time:-)

Hope you feel better soon and get back to running!!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Run is fairly flat, a couple of small rises but nothing serious. It starts on the edge of Glynneath (across from leisure centre)& follows old road towards Resolven where after 2.5 miles (beside Rheola Market) you turn around & return to original starting point. A nice run to do if coming back from injury, I myself have not been able to run since Great North run & only started back 2 days ago.(aggravated ankle ligament injury at 10 mile mark & struggled to make finish) I will probably run it again myself just to try out ankle!!
  • Options
    Thanks Gezza it sounds a great run!! beat of luck recovering from your ankle.
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    I'm considering doing this one as well, but as it's christmas I quite fancy a lie in - any idea what time it starts?
  • Options
    Normally starts around 11:00 am with local celebrity "Max Boyce" as official starter. They normally have prizes for best finishers in many categories including first male, first female, first male veteran, first female veteran, first husband & wife, first father & son, first mother & daughter, first team etc...
  • Options
    Be prepared for the weather though.
    In 2001 it was delayed due to snow and the course had to be gritted, last year it was cold and damp. Lovely there and back course though and wonderfully organised by Arthur Phillips.
    If you beat your time for last year you also qualify for an improvers trophy.
  • Options
    Fantastic race, but not as good as the old town centre start coarse, good field plus fun runners, fast flat out & back route. great for blowing any Christmas endulges off.
  • Options
    Yes, another good race, good to see so many turn out despite the wet and wndy conditions.
    Martin Rees ran a stormer as per usual winning his 6th Glynneath 5.
  • Options
    georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    The training session that Martin did with me and Welsh Poppy last Wednesday obviously paid off then !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Yes I think the training session really helped Martin, he may install us as his new coach!!!!!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression