Options

royal godparents list

Comments

• Options

wilkie....I wonder if they are bothered if there was anything they could do....

• Options
    mikasa wrote (see)

I can't believe women let that stuff happen to them! If someone would start groping me on a dance floor they'd leave with a very sore face and maybe bollocks!

Take note Stevie G

• Options
    skottyskotty ✭✭✭
    Nick Windsor 4 wrote (see)

It should be a family thing...?

you would say that! image

• Options
    DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

im outraged a little bit of equality would go a miss here.  i have been groped by women on the dancefloor so its sexist for you to assume its doesnt happen in reverse. typical!image

• Options

Diversity are dancers aren't they.  Crass are a pop band.

• Options

I love when you little ladies get all upidy 

• Options

Glad you managed to get the third world problems into your arguement.      KK    .we haven't had that one for days from you....It must be your own version of Godwins law

• Options

oh god is seren starting on kk againimage cmon now play nice!

• Options

Its my thread i can respond to posts as I want..........its my ball and I will take it awayif I want to imageimage

and don't think you can just take the attention way from the real story here my A...do you really think that quick name change will stop the RW team from catching up with youimage

• Options

Talking about sexism: I was out with a friend last night and she said she's been so busy her husband "isn't getting fed."

He's a grown man, can't he feed his fecking self?

• Options

scream..imageimage

but then that could be because she has chosen the cooking chores and he has chosen the cleaning the bathroom and the ironing chores.and shes not pulling her weight.......image

• Options

I can live in hope ..............now i know that every household in the land isn't equal and never will be.....

but i genuiningly didn't realise that women were still referred to offically in their husbands names ....am i the only one that didn't know this...........must be because i live in such a backwater were no one has titles...image

• Options

But isn't taking you husband's surname pretty much the same thing?

• Options

nlr.no a couple can choose to take the wifes or husbands surname or keep their own on marriage.....

so that is about choice.if someone chooses to take someone elses surname then that surname becomes their own....so its their name......

but in theis they are Mrs david cameron......for example.......and to me that is just so stupid......you are not david so why be addressed as such.....it is purely adreesing you as the wife of david cameron as you have no status yourself......image

• Options

Seren Nos ..... the real way to work out the solution to this problem is to fly down to Ethopia, find a child that is dying from a combination of turburculosis and malnutrition, then ask them about their opinion on whether females should occasionally be referred to by their husbands names.

#firstworldproblems

• Options
    XX1XX1 ✭✭✭
    seren nos wrote (see)

read a list of the childs godparents.and there are loads.....but all the married women were addressed by their husbands titles.........

even Zara Phillips was addressed as Mrs Michael Tyndell

I honestly thought this bygone way of women being the mans property had gone decades ago......

I can accept Mrs Zara Tyndell if she has taken his name and its her name...but why on earth is it the mans name on their name

kittenkat wrote (see)

However, I realise that's an unfair response in terms of the fact that we would never say or do anything if we felt unwelcome to because there are more serious events happening in the world.

seren, you know sexism and racism and all the other 'isms' still exist, so why not post your op about the subject in a different way, rather than faux surprise? It's a good debateable topic.

Oh and I'm happy for anyone to call me Darren from here on in. image

And Mr 'I'm so indispensible in my job' had a very valid point about divorce and custody, more important I think than being called by my husband's name or getting my bum* squeezed in a pub (*no-one has ever gone for my tits because that would involve fine rather than gross motor skills).

KK -- Why don't you tell us about your travel arrangements for when you paced for RW at Cardiff...  Did you get the train up from Exeter on that occasion or did you drive?

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    seren nos wrote (see)

I can live in hope ..............now i know that every household in the land isn't equal and never will be.....

but i genuiningly didn't realise that women were still referred to offically in their husbands names ....am i the only one that didn't know this...........must be because i live in such a backwater were no one has titles...image

It doesn't happen in most social circles, Seren, only if you are very, VERY posh.

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

And I do wish people would stop sniping at KK.  

It's childish, school play-ground behaviour.

If you don't like her posts, put her on ignore.

• Options
    XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Wilkie -- When you say "VERY posh" you actually men "a bit backward" right?

• Options
    XX1XX1 ✭✭✭
    Wilkie wrote (see)

And I do wish people would stop sniping at KK.  

It's childish, school play-ground behaviour.

If you don't like her posts, put her on ignore.

Wilkie -- Stop sniping...  If you don't like my posts, put me on ignore image

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I'd have to put half the forum on ignore, TD.

• Options

Wilkie will never put me on ignore, she likes my posts too much.

• Options
    DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

seren - in social situations such as this people are told how they will be addressed, if you have a issue it is then you should complain and im sure the naming would be discussed and ammended.  This is protocol.  exactly like taking a surname or not in a marriage.  you do have a choice.

• Options

If you don't like Taxi Driver's post just say " Are you busy? What time do you finish?"

• Options

Back to the debate. 

Okay clearly sexism is not a good thing and should be discouraged. But this situation is where a bunch of women who clearly like the status quo because it works fine for them. They would be happy to be called by their husbands names and would even sell a kidney for the prestige of being a royal godparent. If it upset their principals so much they should step down. 

In short people should stop being offended on other people's behalf. Surely there are some real issues out there and not those lame issues on that list. Someone grinded against me in a party? Like Mikakakasa says you slap them down/complain to the management/call the police. As for the woman who was still moaning about what happened in 1965? Get over it, most men weren't even born then.