Options

Clowne half 2013

2»

Comments

• Options

Small question .... am I running the Clowne (rhymes with brown) or Clowne (rhymes with phone) half marathon on Sunday?   image  Just a comment someone made last night has left me wondering image

Chimney - look on it as carbo loading image

Cake - I'll be behind you image

• Options

All set for sunday. Light jog planned for tomorrow afternoon to get the legs warmed up followed by chilled. / relaxed evening. Anyone have any suggestions of where to park?  Can you park reasonably close to the start?

• Options

stilldreaming: it rhymes with brown, and if anyone spots a guy with a light blue buff on his head, that's me! image

• Options

To update my earlier comment, look out for the the runner/jogger/walker/crawler wearing the green of Totley AC, also looking a tad green suffering from a hangover. image

SD, that type of carbo loading does usually work for me. As it's Mrs C's 50th, we've got a mini Palladium Mansion and 20 friends up from South so it's bubbles the entire night. I really, really don't do well the following day after a night of bubbles.

See you at the back Cake. I may have to stop and catch up several times.......

If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • Options

chimney, no better cure for a hangover than a 13 mile run in freezing cold weather!image

• Options

Great event today really enjoyed it. How did everyone else get on?

• Options

Agree Thfc, a really top class event, as always image  Had a good run, with a course pb, so happy with that and finally got to meet Chimney (only 'cos he was jogging round and not his usual speedy self image).  

• Options

image Alas due to circumstacnes beyond my contract wasn't able to make it yesterday. Sure it was good through as clowne always is and hopefully will be there next year. How did everyone get on?

• Options

Absolutely loved this event!  Got myself an HM pb  as well so am really happy (1:57).

This is the fourth HM I have ever done and my fourth this year (only started running last year) and also the smallest event.   It has to be my favourite.  Great value for money, marshalls were excellent and loved the route.  Great water stations too.

Will definitely be back next year.

• Options

Hi all,

Well done iluvstaffies & stilldreaming, hope everything's ok Cake.

That is a lovely course, nothing too steep up or down, just gently undulating. Definitely my type of course, don't like it too flat. 

Well, I made sure I was absolutely the last person to cross the start with the intention of remaining at the back til halfway and then seeing how everything was going. 

That lasted for the first 50 yards........On reflection I should have stuck to plan A. 

Didn't take Mr Garmin on the basis that I didn't want a time. Therefore I didn't need to know what the time was. That didn't work either, that little devil on my shoulder telling me I was either going too fast or too slow ( There wasn't supposed to be a thing as too slow yesterday).

The result of which was the little kick just before the 3 mile board I felt a couple of twinges. Within a quarter of a mile it was painful with every step. I tried to figure out a pace/gait where it didn't hurt, failed. I then tried figuring out a pace/gait where it hurt the least, kinda succeeded. As the race went on I had to keep changing stride length, how I was landing, the angle of my foot etc until about 10m when I figured out that if I ran with my foot pointing out at 45 degrees, with my toes curled up, landing hard on the back of my heel going forward until my knee was above my toes then lifting my leg and letting myself fall forward to be caught by my good leg I could just about manage it.

So why didn't it cross my mind to actually stop?! 

Ah well. Wouldn't have had some lovely flapjack, wouldn't have met Stilldreaming, wouldn't have had a good chat with a Kelveston guy, wouldn't have seen all the smiling encouraging marshals, wouldn't have seen those locals standing around to cheer the runners as they went by, wouldn't have witnessed all the great organisation.

Sorry not to have seen any others from here, next time. 

If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • Options

Chimney - did see you limping across car park at end of race and wondered what had happened image  Thanks for support and flapjack, and here's to a speedy recovery (and the patience to get there!).