Options

Asics Target 26.2 Paris Marathon 2014

Comments

• Options
    Iam now the proud owner of a PC at home (about time really) I may invest in a GPS watch soon as well to start mapping my runs and should be on forums more now as well
  • Options

Keen image 

It's Friday I think a lot of us are quietly thinking ohh is today the day. Then again it might all over with everyone told. It's fun being able to have a little excitement thinkling about something. It's a bit like tapering when you aren't sure it you are fit enough to run the race that's at the end of the taper. 

You want to know... But then again at least not knowing you can keep dreamingimage

• Options

IM- if you win they give you a Garmin GPS- might be worth waiting a few weeks....

• Options

i have actually lost my garmin this weekimage.having to steal hubbies..........The good news is it should be in the house as thats where i saw it last.........unless it got chucked out with some rubbish.......

if i don't find it today i will have to use my feminine ways to persuade him tomorrow that my need at aprk run is greater than his

• Options

I though you were going to persuade him you need a new 620.... It is nearly Xmas after all image

• Options

I want the new 620.... The straps broke on my 610 so they are selotaped on.  I was hoping that garmin would part-ex it, but no response on twitter image 

• Options

I had an expensive christmas present last year so will be back on the bread and water gifts for a few years....image

my only chance is to win thew competition..or tidy my house

• Options

Humph! the missed phone call wasn't for me... it was for the wife, she had won something. The wait continues..... its supposed to get cold next weekimage

• Options

Angela: Love my shiny white n orange 620 image the HRM and cadence strap is way more reliable.

• Options

Rick: Hurrah hope it's cold I have a long sleeve asics inner muscle top, never get to wear it as it's toasty :0 gotta look good for the 29th image *

* Allowed to dream.

• Options

I like the cold but I don't want any snow just yet, I have a HM in a couple of weeks and I DONT want it to be cancelled image

• Options

BT I'm well Jel of your new garmin!  What's the battery life like?  Mine died during the ride london-Surrey 100 mile bike race and lost all the data image

rick hi! *waves*...  Cancelled races, ugh, don't get me started!!!

• Options

Hi Angela, I know a frustration of epic proportions and as for a dead garmin I hope I never get to feel that pain although mine does play up for time to time

• Options

Angela: Good but not done anything that long on it yet. Only around an hour or so longer then the 610 i think.. but we shall see image I love it.  Fun seeing my Vo2 creep up.  I know it's only a silly guesstimate but it's starting to get respectable upto 45 now image

• Options

BT even if it's a guesstimate, the improved will be accurate, so thats good to see that improving at least?  I'm curious about it measuring cadence.  I've been doing cadence drills recently and think it's helping, but would be good to be able to measure it when I'm not thimking about it.

rick? What race cancellation have you experienced? I had the worst year for it in 2012.  Including the NYC marathon! That was an expensive one!  This year I've only missed 2 planned races, and that's coz I was really ill...

• Options

A couple of years ago the Norwich HM was cancelled due to snow it was about 3ft deep in places, last year it was almost cancelled due to high winds which made running feel like you were pulling a car!! also been a few 10k's due to injury/weather/wife

• Options

Are u from Norwich?  If so, I'm a fellow East Anglian... From Colchester image. Is norwich HM fairly flat?  I did Ipswich and it was v hilly image

• Options

Yes I am, it is nice and flat there is only one incline but its not bad. The course goes through some villages just outside of Norwich so nice and scenic I for one would like to see it back in the city but not sure if it will ever happen!! I know Colchester reasonably well as I often visit for work purposes image

• Options

I haven't been to Norwich for ages though went to Norfolk a couple weekends ago to visit my sister-in-law (well she will be in May image).  You should do Colchester HM- it's quite good timing for a spring marathon- this year I plan on using it as a test race pace race.  It starts on a v steep downhill for the first 2 miles, a steep run up north hill onto the high street.  A long shallow incline up Ipswich road, takes u to around the 5-6 mile marker, then the rest is in quiet villages and fairly flat.  And u should visit us for parkrun! I'm run director tomorrow image

i actually don't mind when races go outside of the main town, I quite like the countryside scenery, but then it sucks if you're having a CBA moment and theres no one around to cheer and encourage you!

• Options

Ah more Norwich folk around! I currently live in London but grew up in Norfolk. Always been interested in seeing what the Norwich HM is like but never remember to sign up. Which villages does it go through? I would be great if it started/ finished around the cathedral area

• Options

Over on the Twitter a photo has just been posted with them deciding, so nothing sorted yet ...

https://twitter.com/runnersworlduk

• Options

Good spot, and it's nice of them to put the piccy up, to show still working on it.... Sounds like it coud be this afternoon.. or monday as they said hard decisions to make today.

This is fun. 

• Options

So wish i'd taken my time to write out something sensible instead of the uninteligable pick me, pick me rubbish i rushed out image

• Options

At home my mobile is a tad patchy in the living room and kitchen. It's amazing how much time I haven't spent in those rooms for the last few days.......

If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • Options

haha well now you know that time has been wasted... but not from now on image

How many of us when our mobiles ring are going to have a 1 second leap of excitement, until we realise it's our OH calling.... "oh... what do you want?" and get them off the line ASAP.

• Options

For once I will be answering my phone to unknown or blocked numbers. And will probably just end up with loads of people to who I owe money realising I am alive after all...image

• Options

Running sales companies would have a field day today image Their calls wil magically be getting through to everyone.

• Options

Omg, so exciting! I saw Sam Murphy's tweet this morning about going into london- didn't realise it would be for this!  image they have to call today then!?!

• Options

Angela: Could be cruel make the decision today and call monday but one would assume it's going to be today from the photo etc... ARRRRRRRRRGH

If your mobie is down to a few percent hope you have a charger handy image

I'm even jumping when i catch my phone changing the screen going into power saving mode, hehe.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Good luck to everyone. I hope that you get something that you want to hear.