Options

Sweat rash

Hello fellow runners,

here is me with rather embarrassing topic. I have been running since August and few weeks back developed sweat rash under my armpits and under my breasts . This is not nice for a girl as you can imagine . I have used Canesten Hydrocortisone Cream, but this left me with dark marks that don’t want to disappear. It has gone so bad, that I cant wear any sleeveless t-shirt or dress image(( So I have couple of questions. How to avoid sweat rash, how to cure it and for those that have used canesten hydrocortisone cream did you also have skin discolouration and how long did it take to get back to normal.

Appreciate all comments and advice. Happy running! X

Comments

• Options

Hi Hedi

I would suggest applying Sudocrem to the areas you find affected by "sweat rash" before you run. Sudocrem is what you rub on babies bottoms!

After showering or bathing you might apply E45 to the areas. Your favourite moisturising cream will probably be good enough.

You will need to give your skin time to recover. Do not rub the areas too vigorously when towelling dry or applying creams. 

Some will recommend applying Bodyglide before running. It will cost more.

Happy and more comfortable running to you also!

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

+1 for sudocream and E45. Cheap as chips and works a treat!

• Options

Well that image will probably stop Hedi from ever posting again! image

• Options

Whatever anyone does, dont anyone ask Heidi to post pictures.

We all remember that 'other' thread where the lady complained about the size of her breasts whilst running, then when asked for proof just posted a picture of herself so we could judge for ourselves .... image

• Options
    skottyskotty ✭✭✭

it has certainly deterred me from asking anyone else...

• Options

Thanks a lot for all your responses. I shall do as you all say image And no, no pictures available image))))))

• Options

Dactacort does a similar job as Canistewn HCl and doesn't colour the skin in my experience. There is a cream over the counter, or an ointment from the doctor. The ointment works better but causes grease marks on clothes and sticks to hair.

Check for rubbing seams on tops and bras. Without wanting to fuel the beasts discussion above, I find bras which are more like normal bras (lift and separate) allow air to circulate more than the compression type. And showering as soon as possible, or at least changing out of sweaty kit.

If it is fungal, washing kit as hot as it will cope with will help.

• Options
    Basil
    For intertrigo treatment, you can also find holy basil as it contains anti-inflammatory properties and anti-fungal properties. These features provide instant relief from redness, itching and burning sensation caused due to rashes under the breast.

Take few amount of basil leaves and boil it in a cup of water.
    Let it cover entirely until it cools down.
    Then, strain it and wash the affected area with this water.
    Repeat this yeast infection under breast twice a day.