What: am 6 miles, pm 15 miles
Why : mileage building

have a good day everybody

Comments

• Options
    oh dear
    im still feeling yesterdays training, twas only 3.5 hours ago
  • Options
    Fell asleep putting the kids to bed and missed tonights (yesterdays) run!

So

what: Gaddesby Gallop 5 mile xc race hopefully followed by 5 or 6 miles steady straight after. Then xmas shopping.
  • Options
    Know the feeling, Hippo - I ground to a halt 5 hours ago. Having actually done the promised 13-ish. Might even have been 14 (oooh!) cos it felt fast (well, fast for a fairly slow one). Hooray!

Today I shall be mostly Christmas shopping. Assuming I get out of bed at all.

Think your body was telling you you needed the day off, popsider! Good luck in the XC. Angelis - if it didn't actually produce results, I'd confidently tell you you're bonkers in the nut. Instead I shall just have to suspect it. Actually, same goes for popsider. And one or two others on this thread. :-)

I'm off to bed. Have fun, all.
  • Options
    Morning all

What: 1 hour easy am, pm Hull City vs Mansfield Town,

Why: base building and edge of seat entertainment

Last hard: Thursday

Last rest: 11 days.
  • Options
    Morning everyone:

What: 1 hour steady PM
    Why: Working this morning, so will try and catch the daylight.
    Last Hard: Thursday
    Last Rest: 12 days
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Good luck in x-country Angelis! It's the right weather for it, well it is here anyway!

Busy day for me also today

What:5 miles easy am, 3 hrs round driving trip to Southampton to collect son, 14 miles steady pm-I hope!
    why:building mileage and having to find time to fit it in.
    last hard:Thurs tempo run
    last rest:yesterday
  • Options
    morning

what: (upto) 12.5 miles steady

Enjoy your runs/xmas shopping all
  • Options
    Morning All,

What: a.m. 6-8M easy, p.m. drive down to Hertfordshire with my better half to get seriously lashed with old college mate and her hubby. Already dreading tomorrows long 'un with guaranteed red-wine hangover of biblical proportions.
    Why: It's Christmas, well near enough, and tis the season to get well and truly tanked.
    Last hard run: Tuesday
    Last rest day: Yesterday

Well I feel much better after a rest day yesterday, was utterly knackered at the end of Thursday but bouncing back now.
  • Options
    morning all

persisting down here

what: short gentle loosener - maybe
    why: day between 2 high-mileage (for me) outings

last hard day: Fri
    last rest day: Mon

Don't feel that bad after yesterday, but r knee is a bit achey
  • Options
    Morning,

What: nothing
    Why: still not right but will try to run tomorrow. It's all slowly getting better, I can sleep all through the night now!

Last hard: 15 days
    Last rest: last 14 days
  • Options
    Planned to do 8 to 10M yesterday, but the day gradually slipped out of my fingers.
    Eventually went out at 10pm for a 5.5 mile sprinterval session. The only downside with a late session is that the blood becomes re-oxygenated, and after a bath I was nicely awake.

So today's training started with a well needed lie-in.

Maybe I'll get that 8-10 later!
  • Options
    3.6 miles
    drenched
  • Options
    Rest day for me today some rest just back from christmas shopping!!!!! what a nightmare

Tomorrow is Merthyr Mawr 10K with tallest sand dune in Europe, and guess what it is pouring so fun and games tomorrow and the river is flooded!!!but you get a christmas pudding for finishing and mulled wine half way around course!!!!!!

Good luck Angelis on cross country and any other weekend racers
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    What: 5 miles xc race (local mob match)
    Why: My 111th race of the year (I'm easing down next year
    Last hard : Monday
    Last rest : Yesterday

Missed the Hype park 5k yesterday because I was at a Job interview !!,
  • Options
    Morning all.

That's some cold Tim, but some of them are that way inclined. Hope tomorrow's the start of a good season. Speaking of which, anybody heard from Drew? He sort of disappeared after a cold.

Happy racing racers, squelch slip squelch.

What: 3miles dogwalk followed by 6miles. Not quite right, in fact, definitely not right, so I just worked on keeping the speed so slow that I didn't have to give up. I didn't give up.

And some have base training thrust upon them. But it's better than not running.

Saw the kingfisher, both on the dogwalk and on the run. In very different places, so I reckon there's two of them.

And bravo Hippo.
  • Options
    12.5 miles-ish done. Route was planned/led by fellow forumite ed m, a very nice route indeed, especially if you like mud. One to revisit in the summer when a bit drier perhaps! ;o)

Got completely drenched & very muddy, however that said it was loads more fun than running my usual street routes, plus good company.

Off to jetwash my trainers now.

Enjoy your weekends.

A.
  • Options
    Job interview? I thought you were happy living the life of a full time athlete! You haven't taken keith's advice........ have you?
  • Options
    What - Gaddesby Gallop 5 mile XC
    One of those runs where they send you through brooks, over stiles and in this case through a pipe that channels a stream under a bridge. Managed to get round in under 40 minutes which was good enough for 8th. Felt quite good in places - in other places felt there wasn't anything in the legs - mainly the bits where half a ton of mud was stuck to my shoes.
  • Options
    Hi all,

Just got back from the shops hunting for Barbie stuff and the usual Chistamas stuff. I agree with you Welsh poppy - what a nightmare. Like many of you I missed my planned run yesterday due to Christmas shopping & sorting etc.

Did 7m with the club in pouring rain before I went shopping today. Didn't realise but I clocked up 1500 miles for the year earlier in the week.

Thought of embarking on another marathon schedule in a couple of weeks feels daunting right now.

As always good luck to all you racers.
  • Options
    Envy you rather, Llama man.
  • Options
    Hi all,

What: 1 hour easy
    Why: last day of cutback week
    Last hard: ages ago
    Last rest: yesterday

Total of 37m for the week, so a good cutback (did 70 the week before). I do feel fresher for it, but I'm looking forward to normal service being resumed tomorrow. Going back to once a day has been weird - always feels like ages since my last run.

Have a good one.
  • Options
    Afternoon all.

Hope you are all having a good day and looking forward to the dreaded Christmas Thing.

What: 5 Mile fast (6:30)
    Why: Been spending this week doing everything at a fast pace.

Last Hard: Sunday race
    Last rest: Friday.

Good Luck All.

LL
  • Options
    What; nothing
    Why managed 5 miles this week 'cos of stupid injury, (and on-call):((((((((((
  • Options
    Udd Odd Treadmill!
    5 miles! what sort of stupid injury is that? Have you cut your leg off with a carving knife or something? I got the impression that you were BR's running partner, which makes 75 miles a quiet week.

Personally I'm feeling chuffed.
    Dropped the bairns off at a Christmas party, which gave me a slot for exercise. Got my planned 8.3 miles in. Slightly damp, but somehow managed to keep a steady pace going and laid down a course PB. (1:01:54)Mind you it's only 7:28 minute miling. In my defence there are hills.
  • Options
    Hi

Horrible cold, wet, windy day so it had to be treadmill at the gym

What: 10 miles
    Why: day 12 of marathon schedule
    Last rest: yesterday
    Last hard: Tuesday

Chairman's run tomorrow, but more importantly the draw for flm club places takes place (fingers crossed)
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

MC-did you really mean 111 races in a year?

Llama Man-I too am feeling a bit daunted with starting a new marathon schedule in a few weeks, when I don't feel my running is very good at the moment.

Popsider-well done on your x-country race, 8th place is excellent!

Did 5 miles this morning in pouring rain and was lashed from all angles by the wind. My legs were also very achey and tired so I felt quite miserable and couldn't wait to get home.

Had time for a shower and a banana before then driving to Southampton in the same miserable weather. Plus the roads were really busy and visability poor. Quite a stressful journey!

Coming back wasn't too bad, but a headache was threatening.

Back home, got a drink another banana and straight out for my 14+ miles run. The rain had stopped, but the wind was nasty. My legs weren't as bad as in the morning, but I felt really flat and had no energy. Everytime I tried to pick the pace up I just couldn't. Settled for a slow plod and completed the course about 10 mins slower than normally! Felt absolutely dreadful after-legs really sore, head felt light, stomach cramps!

I think I tried to fit too much in to the day and didn't really eat or drink enough to support the amount of exercise I'd planned.

We live and learn!
  • Options
    Evening.

What: Rest

Why: Needed one and worked last night, in tonight body needed some serious rest!!

Last Hard: Yesterday

Last Rest: Last Saturday

Have a good weekend.
  • Options
    Hilly...
    your mood and what you say about how you feel physically suggests that you could do with taking a week off (gasp!) If you are starting a new marathon schedule in a few weeks, this is a good time to give yourself a break. I did it just before I started my marathon schedule cos I felt like you are feeling now...it did me the world of good, not only physically but after the week break I came back mentally stronger too.

Going by your level of training you know it makes sense. If you can also get a good sports massage during the week, that'd be even better, but might be tricky during Christmas week.

We do live and learn indeed...take time out!
  • Options
    Evening all,

What: 12 mile steady run
    Why: Took advantage of my wife and kiddies attending the church xmas party, and did this week's long run.
    Last hard: 6 days
    Last rest: 7 days
    7 day cumulative: 41m

Will now take advantage of same people watching 'Pap Idle' and have a nap.

Tomorrow I've got a hill training session planned as I'm now following Hal Higdon's advanced half schedule in preparation for Watford and Reading.

P.S. BR how do you manage to get to go to footy and put in the mileages you do?, your wife must be a saint ;) Shame about the result, sounded like a fair one though.

Have a good evening.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Trinity in tinsel-thanks for the advice, but I've just come back from a week off. I think today was more to do with trying to fit in too many things so I was feeling kinda stressed with it all!

Normally a run would be at my leisure today it was against the clock so that I could fit everything else in.

3 hrs of driving in between the runs didn't help either.

Thanks again!

I'm due a massage though, which will be bliss!