Options

2014 in 2014???

Comments

• Options

I also feel I should add that 500 is the Year of the Consulship of Patricius and Hypatius image

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Welcome aboard Uisge Jo image

1396km for me.  So 718 km to go.

King Coenred of Northumbria died in 718.

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

OK so umm errr 1396 plus 718 = 2114 and I think we are aiming for 2014... *blush* so well umm err my maths is going down the pan whilst my mileage is going up!!

Now at 1482 so 532 to go, a decent jump partially from the fact that i miscounted by 100 before image

Interestingly, actually, not interestingly just a really pointless fact 532 is the year that people started using AD on dates. The Burgundians were also defeated in this year, now that's a fun word! An Ding Wang the Chinese emperor also committed suicide in this year... Busy year! oh and yet another pope died in this year.

Getting there, the most i've ran in a year before this was last year, my only other full year of running and I think I did around 936 miles last year, so I'm only 15 miles behind last years total.

• Options

I was delighted to have crossed the 1000 mile mark this week, and also means I have already exceeded last years total mileage. I am on track for a record mileage month this month (By a fraction) so all the numbers are looking good!

1023 miles completed, 1646 kilometers leaving a mere 368km to go (233miles) - which I *Think* is around 6 weeks away!

368 is of course the year the  Picts, Scotti and Saxons reach Londinium and plundered the city. Theodosius, general (Comes Britanniarum), was sent with a relief force to Britannia. He marched from Richborough, Kent, to deal with the invaders. In the winter, the barbarians were driven back to their homelands, Hadrian's Wall was retaken and order returns to the Roman diocese. Theodosius reorganised the abandoned forts and mounted punitive expeditions in Hibernia (Ireland).

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Don't talk to me about Hadrian's Wall after my DNF at the Wall last month image mutter, mutter only 92km's done what a failure! mutter, grumble, groan.

• Options

Ha! But I did read that you did back to back marathons this weekend, so don't grumble too much thats mightily impressive!!

• Options

Evening all, also aiming for 2014k this year. Not running far at the minute due heat and humidity, looking forward to the cooler weather to up the miles for an ultra in the new year.

Just passed 1000k. 

• Options

Well done Steph, Jo and Matty and welcome to the party WR - all impressive mileage and your all on track!

Sadly it might be plan 'b' for me and 2014k rather than my original 2014 miles image My goal is not yet un-achievable but already 58 miles behind target.

1099.76 miles so far (80 miles further than all of 2013) so just 856.11 miles to go. And just like me 856 was a slow year but Hrabanus Maurus, East France, Archbishop of Mainz, died image

• Options

Thanks Ecce

5k at 8am this morning 70% humidity and 36 degrees here. Swam 2k this afternoon.

must work out my exact km! 

• Options

Cheers Andy (Assuming thats you behind a new Moniker!) but you can definitely still make your original goal! whats 58 miles after all?? image

Had a blinding tempo run last night to take me to a new monthly mileage PB of 175! More than even my peak mileage when I was marathon training - not quite sure what to make of that! Just need to go out and smash the half I've been training for, hopefully with a good taper I can smash out a good PB!

Rest day for me today so heres my month end stat attack.

Jan: 129mi
    Feb: 172mi
    Mar: 158mi
    Apr: 103mi
    May: 157mi
    Jun: 149mi
    Jul: 175mi

Total: 1045mi/1681km 

Leaves me with a remaining 207mi/333km to go

I don't think I can make it to 2014mi for the year, though I will definitely target 2015mi next year! I think I'll have 2014km wrapped up by the end of the first week of September though - just in time to taper image

333 of course being the year Constantine I promoted his son Constans to the rank of Caesar. And I'm sure we all remember what a wonderful occasion that was!

• Options

Morning all, 7*800s last night and a 9M run commute this morning and my legs are dead! good news though, I've passed 800M!

Monthly stats:

Jan: 137mi
    Feb: 112mi
    Mar: 165mi
    Apr: 78mi
    May: 60mi
    Jun: 100mi
    Jul: 148mi

Total: 800M / 1280km

To go: 459M / 734km

Eklingji, the Hindu temple complex in Udaipur District of Rajasthan in western India was built in 734... a fascinating place including 108 temples chiseled out of sandstone and marble.

• Options

Woohoo 1km tonight image wearing sandals, in the dark, and dragging my dog along, but hey it's another km closer image (hamstring feeling better by the day) 

• Options

Good luck with the hamstring. 7k on treadmill, hate the thing but too warm out. 

• Options

Gentle 15km run/walk trying to be very sensible with the hammy.

1498 in total 516 km to go.

I guess I'm now tapering as today it's three weeks to the Ridgeway Challenge, going to learn from my mistakes and take that verrrrry slow, if I manage it, I think it's around 137-140km so it will bump me up a lot that much closer to the target image 

• Options

Another 5k this morning, 40 degrees and humid. Looking forward to being in the UK next week for some cooler weather.

• Options

Up to 1509km so 505 to go! Pretty much 3/4 of the way there image still slowed down by hamstring, which is annoying, but the good news is i've passed last years total mileage image so every extra mile is creating a new record for me to tackle next year image thanks for the fun thread Andi.

At the time the year 505 was known as The Year of the Consulship of Theodorus and Sabinianus*

* allegedly 

• Options

Excellent work Steph, wil 4+ months left in the year you are going to set a very high 2015 target!!

Missed my long run this week and have been away for work. But long story short, I have 144mi/232km to go.

232 being the year Pope Heraclas of Alexandria first used the appellation of "Pope"

• Options

Fine running peeps and all on target for 2014 in 2014 image

Me? I'm on the bench (again) so think I'll be going for plan 'B' now and 2014 kilomters in 2014. Now have what I'm told is a pulled adductor muscle and taking things easy. Not a happy bunny but 2014k in 2014 will still be a great improvement on 2013 and 1641k.

So, 1827k run and 187k to go (this sounds easy now lol). Am thinking it would now be easier to post what happened in 1827 rather than 187!!

187 - Emperor Lo-Yang, China sees supernova (MSH15-52)

• Options

Enjoying running back in Ireland, has been a bit cold and wet but getting longer trail runs in. 

1110k done so still 904 to go. Off to London today so hopefully it will be a bit warmer!

• Options

Well done WR.

I'm like Ecce, i've come a bit unstuck, this month i've got stuck with injuries, just got over one and picked up a different one image Only ran around 28 miles this month. 

Have an ultra at the weekend going to bump my total up a bit.... I hopeimage

Had another 40 odd miles walking this month, so looking at my stats, I know walking doesn't count, but if it did i'd be at target as i've done 2021km walking and running image

I'm at 1527km for running so 487 to go!

• Options

Looks like Ecce and I may be racing to be the first to the line! I have 160km to go. Should have been less really but had to miss my long run last week and a 7 miler got canned too due to work commitments.

160 - the year the first buddhist monks arrived in China

• Options

1538 km

bad month continues, up to 55km for the month. Fingers crossed I can add a proper lump to it at the weekend. 

Hey, the good news is that I only have 476 to go.   Oh dear, the year the Roman Empire fell!!! 

• Options

Good running WR image

BT, acouple more Ultras and b2b Marathon runs and you'll cruise past 2014 image

mattywarr wrote (see)

Looks like Ecce and I may be racing to be the first to the line! I have 160km to go. 

Ooh, a challenge Matty! I guess we'll both hit 2014k in September, care to make a prediction??

143k to go here now, and no idea what this means but this was the earliest known date in Amer-pre Mayan king Harvest-Bergvorst installed??

• Options

Absolutely! I'm on 125km to go. I have the luxury of being to make a pretty close prediction based on my training plan. I estimate Tuesday 2nd September!

• Options

Now you've given Ecce a target I think you will have to bring it forward a few days Matty image 

• Options

Lol Matty and BT, will have to go make a(nother) calculation in my spreadsheet. sadly my plan has gone out the window so will wing my target date image

• Options

No matter how much I massage the figures I don't think I can beat 2nd September and 2014 in 2014 so Matty, it's over to you to perform image

Am suffering (a little) from yesterdays 16 miler and have sore knees and hips today image

1915k run so just 99 to go, 99bc was of course a year of the pre-Julian Roman calendar. At the time it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Antonius and Albinus (or, less frequently, year 655 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 99 BC for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.

• Options

Just passed 899 miles, which is my combined 2011, 2012 and 2013 mileage... quite pleased with that, and hopefully on track for the 1259 by the end of the year (not quite by next week though - good going Matty and Ecce!)

360 is the year The Huns invade Europe by the thousands and in February – Julian, Roman Caesar, is proclaimed emperor by the Gallic legions!

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello image

After 3 months of not being able to stand up properly due to a head injury, followed by learning how to use my left leg properly again after my car accident, the physio has said I'm allowed to run again.  Wahooo.  I still can't walk properly, but weirdly running is easier.  I'm only allowed to do short distances, starting with 3 runs a week building to a 5km in September, but it's better than nothing.  Clearly I'm not going to make the 2014 goal, but I'm now determined to do the 2015 one!

I'm really impressed by how you guys are getting on.  Matty and Ecce completing this by the start of September is especially impressive!

Perhaps I'll aim for 1007 km this year, that may be a bit more realistic (though still a challenge!).

Keep up the good work!

• Options

Jo, that's some increase in mileage! and (if my maths is correct) will take you past 2014k early December?

Hi Emzap, that sounds terrible and glad to hear your on the mend and running again image Of course, 1007 kilometres is more than 1 million metres!!! definitely not to be sniffed at as a target image

Am feeling a little more upbeat today and managed just under 6 miles with no groin/knee strapping. I had planned 9 miles on the treadmill but ickle puppy wanted his bed space back lol.

1941k down so (just) 73k left to go. Of course, we all remember that in 73bc Masada, a Jewish fortress, falls to the Romans after several months of siege, ending the Jewish Revolt.