Options

Mudchute Support Group 3

Comments

• Options

I know what you look like, Welshie image

• Options

Look forward to seeing you all image And thank yo so much for the support !

• Options

Hello!  It stopped sending me notifications that people had posted and I've been too busy at work to drop on image

I've now got my vest and my sparkly name letters came today so will post a picture of me in my kit tonight or tomorrow image

I'm coming up on the Saturday so will be at the expo in the afternoon and then straight off to the hotel.  To be honest I probably won't stay there long as I don't want to spend ages on my feet on Saturday, need to save them for Sunday!!

All feels a bit real now doesn't it!

*waves at SL*

• Options
    SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

Cooo eeeee TST.  What time are you getting to the expo?

• Options

Not really sure yet, sorting out train times with my friend who's coming with me tomorrow; she's been on holiday in Japan so bit last minute with some stuff!!  Probably not until mid afternoon though as we don't really want to just be hanging around in the hotel room stressing! image

• Options

Two stroke the exbo normally has lots of shiny things and freebie's just in case. Worth tiking a look if you havn't been to it before.

• Options

When we went last year on the Saturday afternoon there weren't any freebies and most of the stalls seemed to be either the gold bond place ones or ones that wanted you to buy something, so I didn't really see the point in bothering again this year!  Want to get a Bondi headband from the DMP stall, but that's it really image

• Options

image You must have gone after I had got there and grabbed it all. If you wanted to if you go in the mornings your going to find more stuff. Depends on the year through. Some years I've walked out of there with carrier bags full of london pride and other's just got boring running stuff.

• Options
    SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

I've just got my name printed on my club race vest.  It's the Paddock Wood AC club vest with Sunluvva on the back and Denise on the front.  I can' t upload the photo here - too big - but I'll post it to your fb page ST image

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I was there when expo closed last year.  I picked up a dozen bags of rice.  It served me well over the following year when I was hard up.  I had lots of meals that were rice and not much else

• Options
    Heregoes .....
  • Options
    SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

Off to the expo today - see you there with my bananas ST image

• Options

Morning isn't really practical Cake as I'm coming from Norfolk and I didn't want to then be stuck in London all day with nothing to do!  From what I can gather this year a lot of the freebies seem to be gels and stuff, which I don't use anyway image

Forgot I need to post a picture, although my running vest also has my name on it now in sparkly white letters!

/members/images/546545/Gallery/VLM14.jpg

See you Sunday everyone!!

• Options

Tickets bought - I get into Victoria at 7.30 then however long it takes me to get to mudchute

• Options

Hi - crashing in from Support Group 5 -  Redhead would like to check that her parcel was collected from the Expo - Guiness Record might depend on it!  As Sweetest Thing was doing the honours today wondered if she has picked it up - blue plactic with Redhead's name and Group No. on it.  Many thanks.

• Options
    There was nothing waiting for me at Expo yesterday - staff on RW stand seemed a bit unaware of things, tbh. Who is on pick up duty today?
  • Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Someone is going in at lunch time - I think it was Mr Frog.  I will be there last thing and will hang around while they are packing up, so if the staff find anything that someone else might have squirreled away then I will nab it.  Don't worry, everything will get to Mudchute and if it doesn't then we can buy replacements.  I also have some spare gels left over from last year that people can have if they need them

• Options

Thanks - in Redhead's case it was balls of yarn - which will be a bit hard to get short notice, but I'm sure we'll get them to her.

• Options
    Hi all, heading into expo shortly and meeting Mrs Cake there hopefully. If anything needs picking up, can drop at Muddie on way to start. Will check this when we get there....
  • Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

If she is not fussy about type of yarn or length then I could probably find a couple of balls kicking around at home

• Options

Hello - late to the party I know - but if you are likely to be short of supporters I can be there, and it's an easy walk for me so I can bring stuff along if needed?

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Louise, we can never have enough supporters.  Any chance you can bring along a knife or two for cutting up oranges and bananas?  If you can't then don't worry as I can bring some down, but I'm always a little cautious about bringing sharp things on the train

• Options

SC, I will bring knives, no problem. 

• Options

Just thought what are we using to attach the numbers

• Options
    SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

I dropped a box there yesterday with some food in it for me ST.  You obviously weren't there and the girls on the RW stand didn't really know what was going on.   Maddie/SuperCaz/Foxy Lady et al.  I have crohns disease and can't eat the normal sort of food/gels/drinks.  There should be a Carte D'or ie cream tub with a couple of bananas, some medijool dates and some salted peanuts in it.  If for any reason they're not there could you possibly get some for me.  I can only eat spotty bananas so don't worry if you can't find them but some dates (medijool if poss) and a small bag of salted peanuts should see me through the last few miles.  I'll take a few quid with me to pay you for it.  Thanks.   

Slightly panicking because the first girl I spoke to on the RW stand didn't know anything about the supporters group so I looked around to see if you were somewhere else.  I couldn't find you so went back to RW and the next girl said the place to leave stuff was with them image

• Options
    SL, don't panic! Someone is going today to pick up all the stuff left there at the RW stand. Your goodies will be there for you. I was at the stand before 1 yesterday so fairly early and probably before you?
  • Options
    SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

I don't believe it - I missed you all.  I must have run straight past you all.  I had some dates in my bag and had to eat some jelly babies and wine gums but didn't dare touch  the jaffa cakes image

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Thank you to all the runners and supporters for making Mudchute the success that it is.  We couldn't do it without all of you.  Maybe we will get to see some of you on the other side of the fence next year?