Options

LL50 - AARRGHHHHH, what have I done?!?!

Well I've gone and done it now. After much procrastination I have taken the plunge and entered the Lakeland 50 and hopefully by the end of July next year I shall be able to call myself an ultra marathon runner.

For anyone who is interested I am writing a blog about my journey from 5k to ultra marathon at;

www.runfattyrun.org

Although it is mainly there as a reminder to me why I am doing it and what I hope to achieve I also hope that other first timers can empathise with it and we can support each other through the months ahead until we join the ultra club.

Comments

• Options

blogs are too personal and one sided.........

must nicer to have a thread on here and chat to each other about it.......I did it the first time in 2010 when i won the entry in a compettion.  they only gave me 8 weeks to train for it

A number of people on the forums here will be doing either the 50 or 100

• Options

I would guess that what you have done, is sign up to a race and spent £70 or maybe £2500 if you tried it on Mastercard image Hope this information helps image (just responding to your topic)

• Options

Ah, more navel gazing; I love it.

• Options

The L50 is a fantastic even, with excellent support

Although it is one of the tougher 50 mile courses in the UK, the cut-offs are generous, and will permit a few mistakes/accidents.  You can even walk a lot of the course if the worst comes to it. 

If you need any advice on training, kit, or race strategy, don’t hesitate to ask us.  There is a lot of accumulated experience here.