Options

couch to 5k

Hi Guys, a few of you mentioned the couch to 5k training programme, ive done a search on here and all i could find was a young girl saying she was just starting a couch to 5k programme with lits of good wishes. can anyone show me the link to this trining programme, i will go off site and google but havent got a clue whats a good one or a bad one, hope you can help thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options

The NHS do one...

• Options

thanks, just downloaded week 1.

• Options

If you are using an Android based phone I can recommend the RunDouble Couch to 5K app from personal experience. To get to 5K choose the distance based plan. Many more exist including the NHS sponsored Change4Life Couch to 5K and Endomondo*, Run Keeper, Zombies, Run!, Get Running, Nike+ Training...

*Not attempting to evangelise - just my experience with what I have: Samsung Galaxy S5 users can obtain a free year of Endomondo Premium membership if they install the app via Samsung Apps app. The Galaxy S5 has the bonus of being Ant+ compatible and Endomondo can pair with Ant+ compatible HRM devices (sadly it doesn't support the foot pod). To do 5k training in Endomondo use the Training Plan, follow the prompts and select 5K when prompted. I found this out too late to use it myself image

• Options
    I'm on week 6 of the 'ease into 5k ' and it's fab!
  • Options
    KattCKattC ✭✭✭

I've just finished and now graduated to parkruns and increasing my minutes slowly.

• Options

I graduated this morning from the 'Zombies, Run!' couch to 5k app on android and iPhone. It took me 12, rather that 8, weeks to complete as I couldn't always get out three times a week but I still managed to actually run an entire 5km this morning without stopping and am a little bit gobsmacked! I sort of feel like  lot of it is building confidence rather than fitness, and building to ability to tell your the voice in your head that's telling you to stop, to 'shut up' effectively, but whatever the app did it worked!

• Options
    KattCKattC ✭✭✭

Well done Squeezed -  I listened to that zombies run app really funny.  I didn't manage 5k in the 30 minutes they predicted.  You are so right about building confidence as well and to get that voice in your head!! Onwards and upwards everyone

• Options

Hello, I need something to get me going again, and on my own. We moved home in May this year and I have done absolutely nothing about staying fit and I know I'm so out of shape.

I have just downloaded the Zombies, Run! app in an effort to get me started.

• Options
    This is my 3rd try on couch to 5k. What I find difficult is that I'm continually told how much longer I've got to run. I'd rather just zone out and run without knowing exactly how much further I've got to go. Is there amny way in the NHS app to cut out these interjections?
  • Options
    > @brendanxx said:
    > This is my 3rd try on couch to 5k. What I find difficult is that I'm continually told how much longer I've got to run. I'd rather just zone out and run without knowing exactly how much further I've got to go. Is there amny way in the NHS app to cut out these interjections?

Sounds annoying mate, maybe just download a standard sort of tracking running app like Map Tracker etc.
  • Options
    I thought it would be easy
  • Options
    But struggling on week 2