Options

Rehab frm metatarsal fracture

In early July I fractured my 2nd right metatarsal. This was a proper job, a full-on fracture with splinters!

I was bound up in plaster for 12 weeks. I have now been out of plaster for nearly 6 weeks, but I'm still in some pain, especially when walking but though I can now cycle and swim I do have some discomfort, pressing on the pedals (on a climb for example) or pushing off when swimming.

The pain is not from the original metatarsal, but from the 3rd and 4th. Is this normal? I feel I am going backwards in my rehab.

Comments

• Options

Suffolk changes are your going to be sore for a few weeks if you think about it all the cartilage around the fracture will have been put under presure from the swelling of the fracture. That's just a guess on my part from when I've had similar. For me it was just a dislocation and not a fracture but had odd pain's for a couple of year's after.

If your worried I'd check with your GP because basically we could be telling you any of stuff on the internet.

Did you get a referal to a physio after the fracture? If not worth asking about maybe?