Options

Sub 4.30 Andrea: #asics262

edited February 2017 in Spring Marathon

Well hello there and welcome to my thread!  Come on on on on in!  Get yourself comfy, grab yourself a drink and join me in (what I hope to be) a huge success story. 

With only a short distance travelled in this journey, I have already experienced lots of new things.  I have set up a twitter account (@WestcottAndrea) and tweeted the likes of Santa, God and half the people in Ireland in order to gain votes for this competition.  I even used the Pope and dancing elves to grab the attention of you adorable voters out there.  My Mum was praying for me though, so I did have an unfair advantage - sorry! 

I've competed in my first cross country race for my running club (Fairlands Valley Spartans, based in Stevenage, you're more than welcome to come along and try a few of our sessions, we're all very lovely).  The weather was awful that day so we were sploshing through huge puddles.  I can't quite tell what colour my new trail shoes are now, sort of 50 shades of grey.  Looking forward to cleaning those....

I've been treated like a superstar at the asics store day with a foot ID showing off my fabulous black toe nails (I currently have three, can any of you beat that?).  A huge bear of a man, Andrew, gave me a big squeeze and told me lots of interesting things about my body.  Actually, it was a techy machine that sent loads of electronic signals around my body and printed out charts for me but I know which one you'd rather believe.  Turns out that having 2 glasses of red wine the night before results in being dehydrated - huh.  I also found out that 30.7% of me is fat.  That's something that I really need to do something about, so luckily I have 16 weeks of marathon training coming up! 

I will be sharing my training plan with you scrummy people in the next few days.  Churchill once said ‘Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential', which is just as well in my case.  Feel free to join me on the path to go sub 4:30 if you’re targeting a spring marathon.  Even if you’re not, you’re more than welcome to keep track of my progress and ask any questions.

Go on, it’ll be a laugh.

Comments