Options

Wednesday 14th January

Wish I wasnt up at this time but at least I have the novelty of starting off.

What: Speed session at the track
Why: its wednesday and its fun.
Last hard: Sunday
Last rest: Saturday

Good luck for today. I hope you have fun undertaking the mountains of training that will inevitably go on.

Comments

• Options

Morning !!,

Plan to do the Westminster bridges handicap at lunchtime , then do an hour easy in the evening .

My sleep pattern still hasn't returned, wide awake at 2 in the morning again !
  • Options
    Morning

What: Not really sure yet!
    Why: Tired / Post marathon blues do will probably end up doing 10+ miles tempo!
    Last hard: Friday
    Last Rest: Saturday.

Mine's a Smooth and Lizzie B... The joys of expat life! Dreaming of Tesco's.. Frequently! Plenty of brits here but the beer is not the same and its HOT. We don't seem to having a winter this year should be 22C now but is nearer 30C all the time. Still I have got used to it and almost consider it normal to run in 35C+.
  • Options
    Morning all

Assuming I get away from work on time will run round the "Sir Sefton Brancker Trophy" cross country match this afternoon, up at RAF Halton. It's an annual 3-way match between the RAF, the Civil Service and Middlesex. Not planning to do it as an out and out race, more as a threshold run.
  • Options
    morning

what: 7 mile steady and probably some gym weight training
    why: it's on the schedule!
    catch you later
    tiaxx
  • Options
    What a wonderful day!

What: 4M plod, am done. 10M recovery run on grass pm.

Why: recovery day

Last hard: yesterday

Last rest: Fri

Enjoy your race MikeB
    need daylight, I feel the same way about speedwork!
  • Options
    Good morning

What:3hr.30 long run planned for today

Why :marathon training

Last hard:speed work last night

Last rest:MOnday

Good luck MikeB

Have a good one out there today
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Good luck MikeB

WP - jeepers!!

What: 3.5 easy am done, pm 1hr easy

Why: aerobic base building

Last rest: Weds
  • Options
    Mike B, best of luck.

WP, now that's definitely what I'd call a 'time-on-your-feet' run'!

What: 6M easy this evening
    Why: Recovery day
    Last hard run: The 30min tempo session in the middle of the 10M club run last night was pretty close to eyeballs out.
    Last rest day: Monday
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Good luck MikeB.

What:not sure I was going to do 10 miles easy, but I'm all stiff this morning from yesterday's efforts. I'll see how I'm feeling after work.

Why:trying to pick up mileage

Last hard:Last night for 2 miles in middle of the 8.

Last rest:Friday
  • Options
    Morning all!

Storm still raging. Just checked the Icelandic roads website and we're still cut off!

(If any of you find this sort of thing interesting, I find it endlessly fascinating but I always have had a geeky streak) it's at http://www3.vegag.is/faerd/island1e.html )

What: An hour or so easy in the snow. I'd like to do 9 or 10 miles, but that may be over ambitious in current conditions.
    I've already done an hour of snow shovelling
    Why: Trying to hold onto some sort of marathon training schedule.
    Last rest: Saturday

Have a good day, everyone, and good luck MikeB and MichaelC
  • Options
    Morning all

What: 5x 1min hills with 15 mins warm up/down either side
    AND 1 1/2 hours Yoga class
    Why: I'm a fattie
    Last rest (running); Monday
  • Options
    Just over 4 miles
    still stage one base training
  • Options
    Morning all

What: 10 miles easyish
    Why: Club night
    Last rest: Monday

• Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    Hi all

Bloody traffic caused me to miss club night by 10mins, pressure from 'er indoors meant I stayed up with her 'til 1030 and then went out - The loneliness of a bad tempered runner.

Must go out at lunch today, appointment with wallpaper tonight (need brownie points)

What - 75mins steady Lt-15
    Last rest 18 days
  • Options
    WP - three and a half hours? Blimey!

Last night's club run went well, dropped down a group (they're far better conversationalists there, so it allows me to run slowly and have a bit more fun), then tacked on an extra few miles when everyone else turned for home. Build my speed steadily for the last four miles, and thoroughly enjoyed the run. 11 miles total.

Tonight: shortish, easy run, probably 6 or 7 miles
    Why: keeping the mileage up
    Last hard: Sunday's long run
    Last rest: Friday

I can really feel the fitness coming back, so I'm pretty eager to start the track work again. Think I might leave that another week yet though.

Good running today everyone!
  • Options
    Morning all,

WP...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What: See Bod's post

Why: BT Stage 2...

Have a good race / run today folks...
  • Options
    Nice one for getting out at all yesterday bod (think i'd have used that as a good excuse for a nice glass of wine instead)

Good luck WP!!!

What: 7 miles slow
    Why: schedule says so and trying to get legs to recover from speedwork yesterday

last hard: yesterday
    last rest: monday

• Options
    LizzyB, is that you shovelling snow?

I've been to work, it rained so I'm now back at home!!!

WP, run well :-)
  • Options
  • Options
    Morning all

Didn't make it to yesterday's postings, but presume the same hard efforts continue.

WP!!!!! what admiration...well done

LizzyB, hope that you don't get a horrid thaw after all the snow; the ski/board/surf conditions should be super (sfhl goes green)

Good luck to the midweek X/C racers

Was very lethargic at club night last night - disinterestedly doing shuttles and 300m reps. Body felt in need of a steady recovery run rather than speedwork after Sunday's exertions.

Today what: 6m steady
    why :should have been yesterday
    last hard : 3hrs hills on sunday count?
    last rest : Mon

Enjoy
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Hi folks,

WP - that's impressive going. Do be careful though that you don't spend weeks and weeks running serious amounts of miles and end up totally spent by the time you get to the marathon. More isn't always better.

What: 6 miles steady.
    Why: Schedule says so, and who am I to argue?
    Last hard: Sunday - long run in extremely adverse weather conditions! (Although I feel a wimp saying that after reading LizzyB's reports!)
    Last rest: Last night, although I don't consider it a rest as I spent most of the evening cooking :-(

Weather still pretty wet and chilly - I think we all deserve a big pat on the back for getting out there!
  • Options
    WP
    why are you running so far already for FLM??
  • Options
    Peeps!

WP, Wow!!!

Good luck to everyone racing today!

what: 15x30 seconds with 1 min. jogs.

Have fun!
  • Options
    sfl - the wind is so high that all the ski slopes are lokað (closed) at the moment. Boo! When they finally do open though, wow, what a powder dump! (Although knowing the management of the local ski slopes, they will bulldoze it all into submission, ading a few thousand rocks at the same time). Time for some off piste then, I think (combined with some very thorough avalanche risk assessment ..!)
  • Options
    Morning every1

what: 11.5 miles done, 11 miles pm
    why: BT am hr 160, pm hr 145
    last hard: Yesterday, calf pains
    last rest: sunday
    miles to date this week: 42 miles

pouring down with rain and windy grrrr, 11 done on the treadmill
  • Options
    Morning everyone,

What: am 5m easy, pm 8m steady
    Why: recovery day
    Last rest: 5 days

Getting used to running through a swamp in the morning, since the council chose to dig up the better of my two off-road routes.

Have a good day.
  • Options
    Just back from a recovery 10K / 50 mins. Legs still weary from marathon last Friday, no get up and go. Had to test my new Nike SDM Triax 100 though! My old trusted Fitsense SDM having died (now going back to the USA for repair!)

WP Respect!
    Bod Been There done that!
    Lizzy B Envy.. no skiing this year as Baby DD arrives in March and going skiing on my own would definately be divorce time!
  • Options
    Morning all.

Ought to rest or it'll be five in a row (including tomorrow). But I quite fancy a trot. Maybe a gentle one - see how it goes.

Take care.
  • Options
    What - 5 miles slow am, 5 miles steady pm
    Why - aerobic training

Last hard - Sunday
    Last rest - 9 days

George Michael - You Have Been Loved (no, that's not an admission, it's the song lyrics...)
  • Options
    Hi ya

Just got back from a supposed 7 mile steady
    However.. just kept speeding up and found it hard to stick to my intended pace.
    Sometimes trying to get the pace right seems to take more energy than the actual run!
    5 miles in it began to rain which was quite nice really. ('til I develop a cold!?!)

Good luck to everyone out there today
    tiaxx