Options

What is your oldest item of clothing you still wear?

Shamelessly stolen from a pirate friend on Twitter...

I have some Levis I bought in 2001 but they are not in constant use due to my weight fluctuations so they don't really count.

I have a summer dress I bought from a friend 22 years ago that I still wear.

I have a pair of denim shorts which are older but that I am only keeping in case I can ever get them back on.  

Comments

• Options

I think my PJs are over 20 years old

• Options

One old snuggly jumper, but everything else old has gone.

• Options

I have lots of items from my time in the army, 1990-94. The socks won't die!

I also have a Burberrys (as Burberry was known before 1998) waxed jacket that my parents bought for me about 27 years ago which I never wore because I considered it too unfashionable. I'm now ancient enough to wear it.

• Options

A red Addict t-shirt purchased circa 98-99. The armpit fabric has long since departed and it's littered with what appear to be but aren't (honest Officer) blim-holes.

• Options

I have some gardening/slobbing about shorts that are cut down from a pair threadbare old leggings that must be at least 25 years olld.

My oldest "thing" is a chain belt that my mum used to wear on a dress she crocheted in about 1972 but I rarely wear it.

• Options

A 2002 race t shirt, and a Waterboys tour t shirt from the mid 80's.  Mrs P has several vintage dresses, but I guess we are talking about things we've originated? She has a few bits from Monsoon from the eighties, superb quality.

• Options

Oasis Definitely Maybe t shirt 1994.

• Options

wore my 1985 Belshire half marathon T-shirt in the gym last night.

• Options

Ohh good call SuperCaz - I have 20 yr old PJs too but infrequently worn.

Mr Puffy - Mrs P's dresses count as long as she wears them regularly, ie not just for parties?  You might be the winner so far image

I've just remembered a gig t-shirt too, circa 1993/4 - Banco De Gaia.

• Options

I have hand me downs from my sister who is 40 (I'm 34) which she wore when she was 15 ish. Still quite proud they still fitimage

• Options
    Snap!Snap! ✭✭✭

A leather belt. My big no bought it in Mexio in the seventies, I got it circa 1988.mi wear it almost every day to hold up my jeans. It was once used to hold the gearbox to it's mounts in my beetle whilst driving back from Santa Pod, circa 1990. Like me, it's been through the mill.

• Options

I have a suit, my only suit in fact, which the former Mrs Muttley picked up at a car boot in the early 90s. "That'll do for him" she said and haggled the vendor down from a tenner to £9. Quality suit it is too and still fits although getting a bit snug across the shoulders these days.

The oldest piece of running kit I have is a top from the Windsor Half 2000. It was white when I got and now a manky shade of grey (but not one of the 50 shades). Otherwise as good as new and regularly worn.

• Options

Amateurs. image  I still wear a cheesecloth top l wore at university in 1977.  (The rest of me has expanded with age but l was what was generously know as 'curvy' then and l still am!)  I still have my original 2"platform shoes with 6" heels that l wore for school in 1974 but l only put them on when l'm on my own in the house and admire my ankles (the only bit that hasn't expanded).

• Options

You are all a bunch of hoarders. image *

*felt the need for a smiley face to make it clear I'm not verbally attacking anyone And this is a very VERYhumorous   joke. 

• Options

I have a dress from my old life as a shop girl at Next...I think the season code is SS1994 (in the old days there was a season code on the care label). I love that dress - and when I was thinner a few years back I wore it all the time. I would say my regularly worn oldest item of clothing is a pair of jeans bought in the clearance at debenhams, John Richmond ones when they first started the designers at debenhams thing...they were £10.50 and I've worn them nearly every week since I got them in (I think) 1996. So they must be barely anything per wear now...

i like the sound of Lilytoo's cheesecloth top image

• Options

It's lovely - white with blue embroidery round the neckline, scoop hem and long floppy sleeves image - l don't remember buying it so it was probably a hand me down from my trendy city cousins who lived in Liverpool!

• Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭

I wear my Marc Bolan t-shirt c. 1972 vintage occasionally, mostly in 1970s dress up dos. It's a bit holey but I'll never throw it away. I also have a pink scarf that I used to wear at university and it belonged to my Mum and is older than me.

• Options

Not sure, I might have some old stuff from my teenage years so that would be 70s/early 80s, I've definitely got some band t-shirts from early 90s

• Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭

Oh you mean the stuff you wear all the time? 

;-)

• Options

My 2009 Great North Run t shirt.

• Options

probably my draw of sexy underwear from the 80's as I rarely wear it. My mother bought me loads as she worked in a factory that made it for M&S and they were very strict then on standards so if one bra or pair of knickers failed the whole batch were resigned to be sold off in the factory shop cheap  image

• Options

Some good ones!

Remember the rules of the game is that the item must still be worn regularly so posh dresses that come out once a year don't count, nor do infrequently worn items (but both get honourable mentions).

So far I think Lilytoo is the winner.

• Options

Levis grey ribbed t-shirt , about 20 years old and still looks like new. I do wonder what it's made out of as it's worn weekly, can cope with my yo-yo figure yet still retains it's original shape and no sign of holes or wear yet.

• Options

Adidas sweatshirt from the mid-90s, wearing it as I type, Mrs S has been trying to get rid of it for years but it's been part of my life longer than her so that's not going to happen!

• Options

Not clothing per se, but my regular manbag (waterproofs and packed lunch) is a early 1980s Berghaus rucsac. 

• Options
    North Cape Pile jacket bought with one of my first wage packets in 1977... Worn regularly on the hills in The Lakes Been worn a couple of times this year, and went to Nepal
  • Options

I have a T-shirt from the Freddie Mercury tribute concert in 1992, not sure I'd wear it but it's in my wardrobe. I have a Bradford City scarf I bought at the club shop on the 11th May 1985, too painful to throw that away. Bizzarely I also found a load of hankies embroidered with FK which must have been my grandfather's, he died in 1973, before I was born.

Stuff that I would use regularly, I have my first shorts and t-shirt from when I decided it was time to lose some weight and get fit in 2008 and an FDJ and a Lampre-Fondriest top from the same time and a Birmingham RL training top from the mid 90 which I use for gardening etc

Adidas sweatshirt Symes? Not blue with whitestripes is it? I had one of the same era, I think my sister nicked it when I was too fat for it and still has it.

• Options
    GraemeK wrote (see)

Adidas sweatshirt Symes? Not blue with whitestripes is it? I had one of the same era, I think my sister nicked it when I was too fat for it and still has it.

Sure is!

• Options

Star Wars fan club tshirt from ?1982?. Though not sure it counts as I don't wear it all that much - but within the last 8 years certainly as I managed to disturb a colleague because I was wearing something older than he was.

Funnily enough I have a college reunion next month - black tie - and yesterday I went up into the loft and retrieved the dress I wore to my first black tie dinner (in spring 1985 so ~ 30 years ago) and it still fits. THANK YOU RUNNING. Was probably about 20 years old then so it may well be older than ME.

• Options
    KenbroKenbro ✭✭✭

/members/images/414442/Gallery/100_1994copy.jpg

Leather jacket and bicycle, both bought in 1987.