Options

Rome Marathon 2015

Anyone else in?

Quick question for those who have ran before regarding spectating.

My better half will be over, and want's to see me here and there during the race so we're trying to figure out where she should go.  I am assuming most of the public transport will be not running, so that leaves the underground and walking.  Can someone tell me if most the course lined with Barriers? Is there crossing points?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options

My dad watched me running last year and was able to see me four times by walking just a few kilometers. He watched at kilometer 1, 23, 37 and at the finish. If you look at the course map you can see that these distance markings are very close. Make sure your better half is on the "inside" of the route if you understand how I mean. However, it was obviously no problem to cross the route as people with shopping bags, dogs and baby trolleys did this frequently during the race.

• Options

Great, thanks!  Looking like we'll plan for something similar, and i'll keep an eye out for rouge pedestrians!

• Options

I'm running this on Sunday. Training hampered by injury but still looking forward to it.

Let's hope the cobbles go easy on my knees!

• Options

Weather looks just right too...image

• Options
    LarsLars ✭✭✭
    Huyton Culchie wrote (see)

Weather looks just right too...image

No idea where you are looking, I see 17 degrees and rain. If the rain isn't too strong it should be fine, taking rain over wind any time. But just a nice cloud cover would be good, then turning sunny once we finish.

• Options

I ran this on sunday did we all enjoy it, can't believe the rain at the start but as i was a plodder it stopped at mile 10 and was dry and sunny when I finished

shame the moved the route away from the Trevi fountain ( it was where we went through the underpass where as last year there as no underpass ) 

Loved seeing The Vatican and PIazza Narvona though