Options

Mizuno v Addidas

I have worn Mizuno shoes for at least 10 years all through the wave inspire range from the original up to version 10

Anyone moved up from Mizuno to Addidas? I have heard good things re this brand of shoe. Think I would need the Supernova Boost as this is a support shoe

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has experience of both

Comments

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Have you tried any Adidas on? I have quite wide feet and found mizuno fitted me fine but have struggled with Adidas as they are so narrow.
  • Options

Hi I have had the wave inspire and the sequence without boost and recently the boost sequence, I had no issues with the none sequence boost but compared to the Mizuno I thought the sequence was heavy and rigid where as the Mizuno inspire was light and flexible, the only downside I had was on longer run they made my feet a little sore due to firmish forefront...now the sequence boost is a totally different beast, it has to be the the most rigid shoe I've ever had plus I think they forgot to add the boost part in my pair as they are like rocks, I've tried them 4 times and gave up with them, feet are blistered and sore, hate the things they are on ebay now, if I were you I'd stay with the Mizuno or try something else... I've also got the ascis gt 2000 v2, very happy with these.

• Options
    Go CazGo Caz ✭✭✭

I wear both the Mizuno Wave Inspires and also Adidas Adizero Tempos (mostly for races and speed sessions). They are both really good and offer support, but I see the latest Tempos have been 'boosted'. I tried a boost shoe once and was not keen. They seem heavy, which is the opposite of what I want in a faster shoe. So now I will have to stick to the  older versions or find something new. I was wondering about the Saucony Fastwtich. Anyone tried those?

• Options

Thanks for your replies all of you

My main reason for thinking of change was the price Mizunos seem to have gone to

I admit I always buy last years model as they are half the price of the current ie can get Inspire 10 for half the price of the 11 (cant see the 11s being twice as good as the 10s)

Boots - I like the look of the Asics and may well give those a go. The Mizuno don't look as substantial and look flimsy - many have complained about the toe bos wearing through after 1009 miles or so

• Options

I had big problems with the durability of the Inspire 10's, with holes appearing in the uppers at the back of the toe box of every pair I had. Managed to get through almost a year with warranty exchanges with no shoe getting to any sort of mileage.

The Inspire 11's are much better though. Best bits of the 9's and 10's and have changed the design where there was the weakness. I love them. 

• Options
    Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

I used to wear Mizuno 330. When the price seemed to skyrocket I switched to Saucony, seem to have better reductions on older models?. I have tried Adidas at a local shop but found them narrow as Millsy states. 

• Options

Sorry but re reading my post I put 1009 miles - obviously a mistake there !!!! should be 100

Chris - thanks for the info on the Inspire 11 but at over £100 they will remain in the shop - may well buy when they are down to £50

I have the inspire 9 but none of those available so may try the Asics 2000 - last years model now reduced.

JR had heard that - I have Addidas leisure trainers and they seem to come up small as well (ie 8 in Addidas 7 in anything else)

• Options
    Go CazGo Caz ✭✭✭

I buy Adidas shoes half a size bigger than other trainers and that seems to work. The Inspire 10s do seem to wear through (eventually) but as they cost less than half the price of the 11s at the moment, I've just ordered another pair!

• Options
    You can get the Inspire 11's for around ??80 now. Have a look at Millet Sports. Not cheap but it will be a while before they drop much lower.
  • Options

I have some Mizuno Wave Inspires 10 for road running and some Adidas Kanadias 4 for off road.Adidas much smaller and narrower,take 7.5 in Mizunos and 8 in Adidas.

Mizunos quite wide fitting which suit my wide feet !!

Had to make 3 little vertical slits in padded ankle bit of right shoe as they seemed to be cut quite high which was rubbing my right malleolus.100% fine now,10s a great shoe.Look forward to wearing the 11s when price come down!

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    Go Caz wrote (see)

I was wondering about the Saucony Fastwtich. Anyone tried those?

Fastwitch were my favourite road racing shoes up to marathon, until they changed it between v4 and v5 by lowering the heel drop.  After that I found them too firm and blistered on the arch during a half marathon. It's all relative though.  It's still a pretty light shoe with some support and cushioning, so could be worth a try.

• Options
    Go CazGo Caz ✭✭✭

Thanks, Phil. Perhaps I will give them a try, though not right before the marathon. image