Options

Friday 6th March 2015

Morning

Todays lyrics:'I've been alone with you inside my mind.'

Yesterdays lyrics: The streets of Philadelphia by The Boss, Mr Bruce Springsteen.

Off out with Geordie

Back later to catch up.

Comments

• Options

Think you just made it first past the post birks.

Morning.

Did you fall asleep Joe?

Good news Gobi.

Keep taking it easy postie. Did you decide whether to enter Abo?

What:             short, easy run
    Why:              it's Friday
    Last hard:      didn't sleep too well again
    Last rest:       13/2

Lyrics - familiar.

Enjoy the chocolate of your choice.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options

Morning LMH:

A running related win at last image

• Options

Yep. image

Well that's the 6M d&d

Morning. 

• Options
    LOL Birksimage

What: maybe short one this evening

Why: see what I feel like and what is planned for tomorrow

Last hard: Monday

Last rest: Sunday

Lyrics: don't think so
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

A three-way race this morning! Glad Birks was first finisher as I know these lyrics!

What: 45 mins or so is the plan. Off-road and easy.

Why: I have a bit more time today. I hope.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah

What: 6 mile run OUTSIDE and ok image d&d

45 mins Watt bike d&d

Something lunchtime

Why: I like to relax on a Friday

Last rest: FRIDAY 6th Feb

Lyrics: familiar
  • Options
    chunkytfgchunkytfg ✭✭✭

Morning all. Lovely day here

what- couple of hours on the TT bike 

why- too nice a day to only be out an hour running

last hard- 9 yesterday

last rest- sunday

• Options

ale: Trying to remember what todays lyrics areimage 

Oh aye I set them !image

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Hello, Birks! Not working today? I'm on garage clearing so that I can re-fill it with stuff from my mother's. Will go for a run at some point as it will be easier than tackling the garage! 

Good news, Gobi!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options

ale: Working at the Rugby this evening mate.

Gobi: Good news.

chunky: Good to have you back.

• Options
    Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

Howdy

What: king of pain.... rest that hip! (maybe a cycle/gym later)

Why: Hip pain sucks

Lyrics: nope

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hiya
    Blisters - probably would be after a 3h15 on flat course but I'm doing an ultra in May so miles and hard steady stuff appears to be the way to go.
    Am doing a hilly marathon next weekend though - that should prove interesting!
    what - steady miles at lunchtime
    why - kick start the weekend. Yesterday was very easy no more than a couple of miles easy with the U11s.
    last rest - I'm counting yesterday
    last hard - wednesday
    lyric - seem familiar.
    Stay off the roads late afternoon - eldest has first driving lesson
    Have a joyous weekend

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Hello again!

What: 9k off road, 48:30. Ks 2 to 6 were a progressive 5k. Annoying wind made it hard work.
    Why: ran as I felt!

Where's the marathon Dustin? No doubt Joe will be there!

• Options

Morning  all

What just off for a stroll around the block

Why rehab

Lyrics no

LMH have booked Abbo today. Now all I've got to do is loose a stone and get reasonably fit again!

• Options

It's what all the best people are doing this year postie image

Opinions please - I'm thinking that  a cutback week would be good next week then three weeks build before a taper, what percentage of normal volume would people cutback to?

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Yes, LMH, all the best people are off for a stroll round the block. Either that or doing Abo. I might manage the first, but not the latter.

Re cut-back week, I've always thought between half and two-thirds, but cutting back the pace a little as well.

• Options

Thanks Alehouse - that's about what I was thinking though as all my running is easy I probably won't change the pace.

I was thinking more along the lines of losing weight and getting fit again!

• Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Hello, hello.
    Lyrics: Indeed
    What 3.5m hills
    Why: Late start as had cardio appt
    Last Hard: Yesterday's 6
    Last Rest: Wednesday
    Head been a bit screwed up as waiting for annual MoT. Cleared to jog for another year, keeping BP/HR down. Nothing competitive, no fartlek, no sprints but good news is agreed I can carry on up to half but no faster than 9's. I shall now give self a talking too and get out of the rut and back on the forums. image

LMH 30-50% down. Abo...no chance. Off to Lisbon in two weeks when I'll try and improve on last weekend's 2.08 at Newport

• Options

A busy thread today.

Good to see.image

• Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Welcome back straycelt image That's good news. I'm in a similar position. My cardio-man cleared me to run marathons provided I monitor my HR and listen to the body. Currently building towards an autumn marathon.

Congrats to chunky image for no longer being single image

LMH: I just looked through my training diary and I seemed to do well on cutting back about 20% in week 1, another 20% in week 2 and then just very light running in race week (nothing longer than 6 or 7 miles).

What: 5 miles easy
    Why: that hamstring is still a bit tender or I'm just paranoid
    Last hard: n/a
    Last rest: 26/2
    Lyrics: another yes image

• Options

I guessed it was your results that were the issue SC - glad they are ok.

chickadeee - it's just a cutback week before the final push, my head knows that it's a sensible thing to do but my heart thinks that I'm just being lazy so a little guidance on what people consider a reasonable cutback rather than just dropping 10 miles is needed.

• Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Hello!  Very windy here tonight so running was a bit of a struggle to be honest!  Did 7 miles but it was slow going - at least in one direction!

Does anyone on here use Strava?  I've just joined it and it's very good - automatically uploading of Garmin runs and lots of worthwhile info provided.

Lyrics, as usual, no!

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Don! Thought you knew the lyrics as you used the title in your post! Re Strava...I don't but one of my runners does and loves it...and seems to spend hours playing with it.

SC: good to hear!

OH: HM shortly!
  • Options

Great to hear of people returning from under the duvet. Fantastic dose of optimism from Postie, not that I doubt you, there's nothing like paying up for a race to get you committed to training.

I'm not doing Abingdon, I do have another A race in the autumn.

I didn't get the chance, opportunity, or offer of any lunch today, so survived on tea and 6 polo mints. I did manage a chance for 6.6 around the rat run. Legs heavy, but somehow still got the routine sort of 7:51m/m. Drag-arse runs are the ones that count the most. Consistent consistency. Tomorrow's bike will be amusing, as a spectator sport.