Options

Sunday 5th April 2015

Morning

Happy Easter

Todays lyrics: 'Give us this day all that you showed me.'

yesterdays lyrics: Another day in paradise' by Phil Collins.

Dreich with smiry rain here so far.

Coffee and catch up.

Comments

• Options

Morning birks - I was just trying to think of Easter appropriate lyrics!

Happy Easter.

Race well Gobi.

Long day Dustin. Were your girls competing?

What:           short, easy run
    Why:            off to Bristol so time is scarce
    Last hard:    working out how to transport the Orkney Fudge cheesecake
    Last rest:     13/3

Lyrics - familiar.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Lyrics: unfamiliar!

What: half an hour?

Why: easy day. Being kind to the legs.

Enjoy, Gobi

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Good morning and happy Easter everybody
    Lyrics: Unsure
    Gorgeous day so far so:
    What: off out for LSR
    Why: Because I can
    Last Hard: Friday
    Last Rest: Forgotten image
    Dustin: Nice wee jog home last night...impressed and something for me to aim for
    LMH It was a hoot. He was an international slalom canoeist so running is still a bit alien to him as that's all upper body and his exertions were mainly sprint to middle distance in our terms. He went off a bit fast and then crumpled after the first big half mile of undulating mud so spent the rest of the race/run motivating him round. I'll pop down to Cardiff at some stage and see if he can pace me on the flat. It's good fun bringing on someone who is 25 year+ younger image

• Options
    Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

Happy Easter!! I've switched jobs now so will be more regular on my postings! Now to a race report from good Friday Oxford sprint!

Lead up to the race was poor. Fractured coccyx and hairline fracture on my iliac crest. Travelled up the night before with my boyfriend and his mum (first time meeting!). Didn't eat great, didn't sleep much.

Swim- awful! Took me 1 more minute than usual. I inhaled some water on the first lap. Just wasn't feeling it.

Bike- amazing! It was cold and windy, which sucked. But I flew on my Tri bars.

Run- bilateral quad cramping anyone??? Never had It before. Never want to again! But I didn't stop, just shortened my stride.

Result.... First in 16-26 age category. 13th female overall.

Not too shabby I suppose.

Now for chocolate!!
  • Options

Happy Easter

weather was initially wet and misty so had lazy morning. Brightened up now image

well done dibs

what : thinking image perhaps something new

why: because it is there ...

last hard: Thursday 

last rest: yesterday

lyrics no

• Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hey dibs, that's awesome !! Well done on the age cat win image

Just a quick post as I have a full house today.

Plan was to get up really early for a long run but in the end I had so much stuff still to sort out that I scrapped the idea and did intervals instead image(

First time for about a year. Shock to the system.... My cardiologist said to stick below 90% of max so I inched myself closer with each rep image

I did 5x 1k and managed 4:30,.4:26, 4:21, 4:15 and 4:15 (that's 7:15 pace for the slowest and 6:50 for the two fast ones). Quite happy with the outcome. Heart seems fine. No arrhythmia so far image

So much more fun to do intervals by HR than trying to run at the limit. My legs really enjoyed a fast-ish (for me) outing image
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Chicksta, glad to see someone else enjoying that world image
    Dibs: Great result.
    Nice lsr 8.5 in just  over 80 and HR sub 125 so pleased all round. Very few runners but loads of those cycling bods on the path by The river Wye. Paradox: Why so often on this route am I running uphill coming downstream and vice versa?

• Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Well done dibs.

Good running chicksta. I hope the irregular beat stays away!

Tay 10 mile race today in Perth. Very warm conditions and body not ready for it! 65:43 which was about 2 mins slower than hoped but okay. Course vertvery flat but very scenic, along the banks of the Tay. Will do again next year!
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Dibs Well done that's a fab result.

Chicksta Great running

Long run  for  me  today image walked to the nature  reserve ran  there walk back. Walk back was a detour and that  detour took a detour

What: 3.61 miles  off road with 1.61 miles walk there and 2.2 miles walk back
    Why: Base pure  and simple
    Last Hard: a little of that (longest run  in a while
    Lyrics No

Last weeks mileage -12

This week - 14.9 (5 runs)

• Options

Sun came out so sunny but muddy run up Wideford Hill with Elspeth and Kirsten image

roads now lined with daffodils image

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: I only went and won the 10km, small race but a win is a win. Ran 38.20 or so for a hilly offroad event. Well paced and too fast even for the 5km field.

Did some miles

MTB ride in the afternoon

Why: enjoying Scotland

Last hard: Today on the climbs

Last rest: Friday 3rd April

Lyrics: No
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Nice Gobi!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Hiya, 
    late one from me, but well done to Dibs and Gobi on the wins!
    nice sessions Chick & Stray
    LmH - youngest competed, eldest too old now. Hope Brizzle was good.
    what - 4 hours gardening, followed by 13.5 miles steady. Really not up for it at all, legs jaded, but they are the runs that define us.
    why - banking mileage
    last rest - 8 days
    last hard - today