Options

Hardcastle 24

Anyone else in this?

I'm doing the 24h as a solo entrant. 

I entered it quite a few months ago, but my running has been awful since i tweaked my knee over xmas, but have slowly been getting back into it.  Managed 50 miles over the last two weeks, and no adverse reaction. so i'm still going to do this but i'll be walking way more than running, but would love to still get 100km under my belt in one go.  Even if it's 75% walking image

http://www.hardcastle24.co.uk/

Comments

• Options

Yes, me.  See you there. image

Hoping to get beyond 100 miles, but we will see...

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Last sensible training run today, fell over bruised my dodgy knee and rolled in a bush full of nettles. i think I now need to wrap myself up in a big bundle of cotton wool and bubble wrap until Saturday.

must remember they moved the start forward from midday to 10 AM means an early start image 

• Options
    Are you camping the night before BT, or arriving on the morning of?

It's fairly close to where my folks live so I'm going to stay at theirs the night before and then get to the site for about 8am on the Saturday so I can pitch a tent to store my clothes, food etc and then mosey over to registration for 9am.

Quite looking forward to it now - just hop the weather behaves between now and Saturday!
  • Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

I think I'm going to arrive around 8-8:30am and get sorted. 

i think I'll sleep better at home and just get up early, and drive up at 6am 

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

There seems to be something like 200m of elevation in each lap? Which is a lot for me in a run, as most of my runs are alongside a canal. image 

• Options
    booktrunk wrote (see)

There seems to be something like 200m of elevation in each lap? Which is a lot for me in a run, as most of my runs are alongside a canal. image 

Yep, by lap 20 and beyond that's probably going to feel like a whole lot more than 200m too!

• Options

Why are most of your runs alongside a canal booktrunk?

You have hill training opportunities on your doorstep, that many people would give their right arm for.  

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Err I live 100m from the canal, and I'm lazy image 

started one hilly run a week again.

• Options

Beacon Hill, Broombriggs Farm Trail, Bardon Hill, Bradgate Park. These places are hill training gold dust!

• Options

Absolutely pissing it down in Hebden Bridge at the moment, as it has been all day, and as it is scheduled to do all day tomorrow.

It's going to be interesting, BT....

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Pudge: Good practise for other events image I've done interesting, when i was completely blown away in January.... Now that was interesting! image At least tomorrow we will not be wearing a 7-10kg pack.

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Met office has it drying off around lunchtime tomorrow. Hurrah image 

will bring a load of clothes n just throw them in the tent image

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Bit of a wimp. 12 laps. But, I had a great time, what a course, for 5km they have squeezed a heck of a lot in. 

Organisers really friendly, non stop food, (mind you I had a ton of my own food anyway) image lovely meeting a few of you from hereimage

hi pudge, and a few that I don't have a clue who you are image from random hi booktrunks as you flew past image 

• Options
    Well done Booktrunk, you looked to be hobbling a bit, but well done for soldiering on ????

Really good event, I had such a good time. Managed to notch up 104 miles and come in first place, so dead chuffed with that. ????

Will be back to do it again next year I reckon.
  • Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

I'm going back as well. ... I am utterly gobsmacked at how far you went, how the heck you can keep that up through the night over that course, there are one or two fun little sections. That should stand you in good stead.

I wasn't last which makes a change image 4 did fewer laps. Still would have liked a few more laps but calf just didn't want to do uphills any more. 

Seriously.... Amazing running fecking awesome. Just the odd 22 miles ahead of anyone else. image