Options

Saturday 2nd May 2015

If I get up early I may do something.

If I don't I won't. Hectic day planned, with my daughter's Confirmation, in Gloucester Cathedral, no less. Cake decorated (just finished). Grand parents due. Sister is here. Food will run out. Plenty of wine. Sorted.

See you tonight, and have a GREAT day.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: something easy but not what was planned

Why: down to tail run at parking but it was called off at 5 this morning. Groundsman contacted organiser at 11 last night to say parts of the course are roped off due to re-seeding. Very helpful. Too late to find and measure an alternative.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options

Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Kings and Queens by Brooke Fraser

I hope that a nice day is had by all Blisters.

That's a pain Alehouse.

What:            short, easy run
    Why:             recovery
    Last hard:     being sensible
    Last rest:      25/4

Lyrics - familiar but can't give a definitive yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭

Morning

What: 5k parkrun

Why: schedule and run with others

Last Hard Thursday

Last rest: yesterday I walked instead

Blisters good luck with confirmation very grand setting.My hubby converted and I remember his a very special dayimage

Straycell

Swansea half It started last year I was away in Ireland so missed and and did not want to do it. this year 5,00 entrants will find link....http://www.swanseahalfmarathon.co.uk/

i don;t enjoy running on seafront but as my first race home advantage etc thought I would just test my fitness.Good luck and hope you get in.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

Morning

What: 5k parkrun

Why: schedule and run with others

Last Hard Not for a while

Last rest: last three days 

Lyrics - Yep yep yep

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: family wedding plus visiting castles

Why: bit rude not to turn up to the wedding and there are a lot of castles about image

Last hard: getting up this morning, not feeling great

Lyrics: nope

Enjoy parkrun

Blisters enjoy the confirmation

Ale what a pain

And you're right, where is birks...
  • Options
    alex_halex_h ✭✭✭

Morning,

Do my eyes deceive me? Did Joe run a 5k and not a marathon?!?image
    Poppy - I thought about doing that but am doing Velothon Wales that day. Not sure if I will end up doing a half this year.
    Blisters - Enjoy today...hope all goes well!
    Ale - that's annoying! What a shame.
    Emz - enjoy the wedding and castles

Not sure what I will get out for today. Should be long bike day but that may need to be pushed to tomorrow or even Monday. I am massively behind on my study and my review is due in on Monday, so that needs to take priority. Plus trying to do family things as well makes it all tight. Why would somebody work full time, study a masters part-time, try to marshall 2 teenagers and a 3-year-old and train for a long bike and a middle-distance tri? I think that I will have definitely earned everything that is achieved this year. Sorry, to ramble...just unloading! image
    On the plus side, I am 0.1lbs off losing 2 stone since early January.

What: Long bike or run hopefully
    Why: See above
    Last hard: Balancing study
    Last rest: enforced yesterday

Hope Birks hasn't fallen victim to the RW Random Banning trigger finger again!! 

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning again!

What: just 3k

Why: legs need to back off

Noticed that NZC ran her 18th (I think) Roturua Marathon earlier. Well done Christine!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options

Yep parkrun PB by a whole second image. marathons are tomorrow and Monday image

• Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭

Glad to see NZC is still here......I went to NZ and Roturua was a favorite place of mine.

Alex shame they are both on same day.Well done on weight loss as wellimage

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Nice 7.3 mile run with two fast sections of a mile and half a mile. Nothing else to report really! 

Lyrics, nope.

• Options

What: swim and paddle

why: seals, puffins, shags, guillemots and razbills galore

last rest: yesterday

last hard: against the easterly back into the  bay or carrying the kayaks back up at low tide

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Evening all,

well the legs work.... a very nice easy parkrun this morning.

Followed up with HBT 5 a hilly 5m trail race, great running within my self but still hard for a 2oth place (unconfirmed - a marshall said that two of us were 21 and 22 and I took another guy on the last hill, so hoping that it is a Top 20. 37:22.

Take care

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Hiya 
    late post from me, but hoping Blisters is having a good day
    what - miles, miles, miles
    15.2 done at first light, the took daughter swimming and added another 10 while she was training. Spent a further 3 hours on my feet this afternoon delivering all the local race numbers for the village's upcoming 10 miler, Conservatively another 6 or 7 miles.
    why - ultra in 4 weeks
    last hard - hmm, today?
    last rest - weeks