Options

Tom Tom Runner problem

Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭

I bought myself a Tom Tom Runner, love it, as it's clear and simple, locks on to GPS fairly quickly....there's a but.

I can't get it to link to my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4). I get all the way to connect to phone, start app, watch gives me a pin & phone says connecting...but no no connection or option to input the pin.

Also I go through the process to get Mysports running on the PC until I get to the stage of Log In to Tomtom Mysports but I don't recall setting up a Mysports account as the rest of the set up seems to point me through logging into my Map My Fitness account.

Eventually I've ended up at the "forgotten your password" bit, input my emai address & I get SORRY, AN ERROR HAS OCCURED.

Customer services only work week days so any tips from here would be appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

I have a garmin (so this suggestion might be rubbish) but when my Bluetooth doesn't work I find turning off both the phone and the watch and trying first thing after rebooting solved my problems.

also check which version of Bluetooth the watch requires, some of them only allow Bluetooth 4, and not sure what version your phone has, might be worth checking.

Also turn off any other Bluetooth devices if you have them, laptop etc... To not interfere. 

Also... Are you just connecting to the phone itself or the tomtom app? As there appears to be an app for it.

• Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭

I got a tip from Tom Tom forum user, many thanks, to remove pairing and relink to the watch...this has allowed me to input the pin number & we seem to have made contact between watch & phone.

Now phone says I need to go to tomtom.com/123 on the computer & set up watch & Mysports account.

Not straight forward but I might be getting there.

• Options
    Another thing is getting the Bluetooth sync working after use. For some reason the watch does not connect to the phone after a run.

The way around this pain in the neck is to turn the Bluetooth off on the phone before you start the run. When you turn the Bluetooth back on afterwards the phone and watch will connect, but not always straight away.

It's a work around that tomtom need to sort out, or give you the option to manually connect the Bluetooth on the watch