Options

sony smartwatch 3

Richard  2Richard 2 ✭✭✭

Ok so i'm sick of taking my phone out on runs so am thinking about the sony smartwatch 3

so it sounds a pfaff to get music onto it but i wanted to check that it is possible?  I don't want a subscription service or anything like spotify.(or sony's version)

does it need a sim card and it's own data allownce?

Comments

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Never heard of it.

The Adidas micoach watch does music iirc.
  • Options
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/smartphone-belt-id_8297581.html

And just take your phone. Why pay ??100s for something that's fiddly to get music onto ? A smartphone does everything you want plus much more. Camera. Phone. Electronic wallet. Maps. GPS. Music. I don't even notice my phone is there.
  • Options
    Richard  2Richard 2 ✭✭✭

Thansk both

hadn't considered the adidas, but it is £300 as opposed to £120 for the sony.  The draw of android is huge due to the open system for new apps. I've also been reading the reviews on the adidas site and they are far from complimentary.  The slow gps fix and the corrosion issue seem to be a no no

the bum bag would make splits impossible hence wanting a watch, if there was a forearm pouch that might just about work but the upper arm one is good for a long plod of a run but wouldn't work for the intervals that i do.

The samsung gear seems to do roughly similar but you need a samsung phone and a data plan so i don't want to go there

but thanks for trying to help

richard

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    These add on watches are all a con. Unless you get one free as part of your phone plan you would be wise to steer clear. Your ohm home battery will be useless when it is having to send and receive Bluetooth back and. Forth to a watch, while using GPS for tracking at the same time... Oh and playing music...

A dedicated watch is the way forward.
  • Options
    Richard  2Richard 2 ✭✭✭
    The battery will be fine according to the reviews and won't be any different from a phone doing it all