Options

Garmin Connect IQ apps and widgets

MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Anyone with a fancy top-end Garmin device like the Fenix or 920XT installed an app or widget? Just curious really .... I have a 920XT and haven't taken the plunge yet. Tempted by one of the real time race finish predictors, and definitely tempted by the "beers earned" data page (can't see a "pasties earned" one).

What have you installed, was it straightforward, and was it worth it?

Comments

• Options

Yes loads. Had some fun with them, lots of watch faces, different average pace etc.. Some silly ones like how many beers I can drink as a result of this run image 

very easy to install.

connect via usb, and in the options you can see the garmin iq apps and go through them just click download and it installs them, none of them are life changing, but some are useful fun. Can install a few at a time so just play image dead easy to uninstall as well.

• Options
    Erm so far I've added a pirate face to my Fenix.

I think I have a lot to learn.
  • Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Boing!

I'm a bit slow with these things but I've found a good one - average pace over a configurable period of time. I've got it set to 60 seconds and it was great during this morning's steady run. Instant pace is too jumpy to be of any use. Pity you can't configure it on the watch, only via Express. If I can remember, next time I do intervals I'll set it to 10 secs and see how that helps me hit the target pace.