Options

Tuesday 8th September 2015

Long time since I started a thread!
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    These lyrics as I'm listening to this at the moment getting ready for a gig in a few weeks - going with big bro and mates

So today I'll be mainly spending with Cleo as mummy is back at college and Cleo doesn't start till Thursday

What: 90 mins Mlr easy later

Why: day off can get out early

Last hard last night

Last rest Sunday

Happy Tuesday all
  • Options

Morning

Yesterday's Lyrics were Private Investigations by Dire Straits an absolute favorite of mine bought it on vinyl extended additionimage

Straycelt: Do keep coming in and well done on progressimage

AF/Rocky.......How is the running?

AH: Your trip sounds amazing lots of scenic views and lovely food at your favorite cafeimage

Oliver: Hope you enjoyed solitare and your revised marathon goalimage

Wabo: enjoy the day with Cleo and your run

What: steady run

Why: Road to Cardiff

Last hard:deciding to do a local 10k my first in 9 yearsimage

Lyrics: Nope

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

Morning!

Well, that was a bit of a shock..Wabo starting the thread! Next time can you use some lyrics that I know, please?!

Hope your run goes well, Wabo and that Cleo looks after you afterwards!

So when is the 10k, WP?

What: something this evening

Why: working shortly

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options

Morning.

Hope it's not too much of a shock to the system Alehouse.

Enjoy Cleo Wabo and have a good run.

You're lining th races up at the minute Poppy.

You have a lot to offer here SC.

Glad you made it ok emzap. Hope you enjoy CPH. I really like the Danes.

Forecast to be a grey day here but the wind has dropped considerably. Off to Norwich after a run to find the waffle place that serves gf and the dedicated gf shop. My holiday is focussed around food and running - what's not to like image

What:              easy run
    Why:               it's what I do/counteract some of the calories
    Last hard:       not worrying about my weight this week
    Last rest:        31/8

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options

Morning
    Re RW mag - feature on my local half (B'stoke) in the current issue, read that before you pass it on please!
    AH - good to see you back.
    Don - echo the 'enjoy it over race it' sentiments. My slowest road marathon to date remains NYC many years ago. I spent longer running round the city than I intended but it's not eeryday the Bronx comes out to cheer you.
    OH - still jealous. Skiddaw one of my favourites.
    Wabo - enjoy the Cleo time (and the run)

What - quacks then maybe a light run
    why - think It's improving. Ran yesterday lunchtime with usual colleague. 5 miler, only stopped twice, ~5 mins slower than normal. As I've said before though apart from wheeziness I feel totally fine. I'll probably resort to my usual of stumble my way through it.
    last rest - the weekend
    last hard - all of them currently
    lyric - think I should , but no

• Options

Morning. image

Wabo: Enjoy your run; or if already ran, then I hope you enjoyed the run that you ran.  In any event, enjoy the rest of the day. image

WP: Good luck with the 10k, and with today's run.
    A tad annoyed that I didn't get those lyrics, Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits is my go to karaoke song. image

AH: Enjoy your something, speaking of local 10ks, the Stockport 10k is a week on Sunday, I've entered it but will be jogging rather than PB chasing, I'm just in it for the medal really... image

LMH: Nothing wrong with a post run waffle, or even a pre-run waffle, or even just a waffle really...  Enjoy your run and the rest of the day anyway. image

Dustin: Whoops, missed you as you must have posted whilst I was typing, so will surreptitiously edit this in and...
    Glad to hear the wheeziness is gradually getting better, enjoy your run today.  And I did read about Basingstoke half, sounds quite nice.  Certainly less daunting than the Hakone Ekiden anyway. image

Everybody else that comments after this: Hello, just pre-emptively saying good luck/well done on running, resting, holidaying, working etc. etc.
    I like to think of it as good foresight but probably comes down to laziness, oh well. image

What: 60 mins. easy run this afternoon with post run coffee.
    Why: Schedule says to run the 60 mins, the heart and mind says to drink the coffee.
    Last Hard: Sunday.
    Last Rest: Monday.

Lyrics: 'Fraid not.

Have a good Tuesday y'all. image

Have a good day. image
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ha ha ha ale house didn't want to

shock

Oh no Oliver I will be running at the end of the day

Going for a swim with Cleo can't wait

Have a lovely day all
  • Options

Alehouse: a week Sunday it was a last minute entry they had extended the deadline only noticed it yesterday so had till mid night I was undecided then though it is so local it be crazy not toimage

Have a good day in work!!

LMH: I only have 3 races and only 1 that countsimage Food and running a perfect combination for a holiday enjoy the GF wafflesimage

Oliver:Great postimageBrother in arms is a great song.Enjoy your run today and post run coffeeimage

Dustin: I have the issue here so will take a look.Good luck at the doctors today and enjoy the run.

6 .10 miles nice steady run and then Garmin lost the data between uploading it of the watch to the site!!! it also deletes from watch on upload good job I had made a note of speed and HR........image not the first time this has happened either!

On the 10k hubby has said for every minute under 54 mins he will give me £10 sadly I think his money is safeimage although I can run 6 miles in 58 minutes in training.

Have a great day training/resting

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

Wishbone Ash, one of my favourite bands, and that track really rocks!

• What: intervals
    • Why: two weeks of taper before Oslo marathon
    • Last hard: 30 km trail race saturday, north of Oslo "Nordmarkstraver'n"
    • Last rest: Dec 30th, 2014
  • Options

Morning. All this talk of coffee, waffles, food and running let's me know I'm in the right place. WP am also on the road to Cardiff. Was in two minds, didn't complete the application on time so they wrote to me offering help, extension and advising me to fill in so did yesterday. Will have to aim for 2.10 at best to keep cardio happy.
    Oliver, nothing wrong with a bit of bling. I've been known to travel just for a good medal!
    Lyrics: Nope
    What: Gentle plod as getting OH back into running, intending to get her to parkrun within 6 weeks
    Why: The family that plays together image
    Last hard: Definitely yesterday's run as still feeling it today.
    Last Rest: Sunday

• Options

Afternoon all,

Thanks for all the welcome backs from friends old and new.  I may stick around

WP: Running? What running?

• What: Step 2
    • Why: Old & fat
    • Last Hard: always
    • Last Rest: Steps back

Have a good one!

• Options

Rocky/AF You are coming back so I wanted to know how  and do pop in every day we are here to support all we canimage

Straycelt: Great news on your place at Cardiff don't worry at least you can runimageimageI will not be that far ahead of you 

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

What: 9 mile plod around Derwentwater with low sunlit mist and dewy spider webs, too good not to stop for a few photos. Rowing boat on Derwentwater this afternoon.

why: we usually do this run while in Keswick

last hard: 3 Peaks last Friday

last rest: Wednesday 

lyrics: as Dustin said, feel I ought to (but no)

I thought I was the only B@$t@rd that could sponsor in that way, Poppy image Prior to my own running days, I sponsored a colleague £10 for every minute under his HM PB. To his credit, I did pay out.

(shh don't tell Rocky that not only has Dibs moved back to Aus but ... image )

• Options

AH: was there some gossip whilst i was away injuredimage

It sounds a lovely run and then  rowing on the water bliss.

Sounds like you and hubby would get on thenimage he does not run at all....he even had the cheek to say if I got under 50 he would give me £100 !! to be far he is very supportive image

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

I hope it's a flat, fast course Poppy image

Had a lovely lunch at a vegetarian restaurant where I actually had a choice of what to eat - no meat and no wheat means that doesn't happen very often. After a little wander I then made room for the gf waffle which did not disappoint. May have to run slightly longer tomorrow............

Just keep it moving AF and it will soon stop jiggling as much image

Are you racing at the end of the week OH?

Did the doc have any ideas Dustin?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options

That's the plan LM.H (Great Langdale Half on Saturday)

• Options
    Hey, great to see AF back on here image now we need Dibs back so he can chat her up again image

Em: thought it might have.been you that waved at me from that intercity trainimage enjoy CPH

Crayyyzee day at work image nothing beats 2 10+ hour days in a row the moment you return from hols ...

What: 12 miles with 10@MP

Why: sanity

Last hard: Sunday

Last rest: 26/8

Lyrics: nope
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Welcome Steve - even stating the band still have no idea on the lyrics.... image

What - 2 runs today as away 4.25m easy this morning and then 4 x 1Km reps  and 4 x 1 min reps in regents park tonight
    Why - Speed and miles
    Last Hard - Tonight
    Last Rest - Yesterday

May not get on tomorrow as travelling up to York for the night (meetings there on Thurs)

Take care

• Options

Evening!

Quick pop in...comments will have to wait until tomorrow!

What: 30 mins including 8 x 30 seconds with 30 seconds recovery 

Why: 9 would have been one too many. Will call that the hare and the tortoise session...any more haring off and I would have to lie down and let the tortoise past. Deceptively tough. 

Good win for England tonight. I hear they did quite well in the football, also.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options

Evening all, run went well, did it with a friend so the time flew by... At least for me anyway. image

WP: Pity about the Garmin kerfuffle, that's why I stick to the good ol' fashioned crows of the cockerel, or Google Maps + watch, depends on my mood. image

SCR: All the best for the Oslo marathon. image

SC: A medal a day keeps the doctor away... Allegedly, though not the magpies.  Hope your plodding went well. image

Rocky3: Hello, well done on step 2; step 3 is one to look forward to, it has marvellous views. image

OH: Sounds like a nice run, 'fraid my experiences with rowing a boat is getting tangled up in reeds, but I'm sure you manage a much more deft manoeuvrability than I could manage... image

LMH: Sounds like the post run waffle did not disappoint, and deservedly so. image

Chicksta: Nice work on the 12 miles. image  Though don't envy your work schedule.

RFJ: Good running, don't s'pose you could kill two birds with one stone and run to York.  I jest of course... image

AH: Well done on the running, sounds 'hare-raising'...  Fine, gettin' me coat. England did indeed do 'reet at the football. image

Think that's everybody covered, although just to get a full house, hello Dustin and Wabo, and good night from me. image

Have a good day. image
  • Options

Great session tonight.  Back on the roads with Central AC.  7 x 0.4 mile reps in 2:15 or so.  Pleased with pace and stamina and heart rate hit 163 which is a rare high! 

Lyrics, nope.

• Options

Good session alehouse!

• Options

Evening all.

Some nice training reported I see. Also good to see enthusiastic race entering underway!

I managed to go jogging gently tonight for 6.6 miles. The usual rat run. I'm supposed to be tapering, except that it is not physically possible if you've got nothing to taper down from.

Nervous? yup.