Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    ~~~~~~~~~~Chuggs pal~~~~~~~~~~ that really is no age at all image

Pah Nogs, was your photo in Private Eye!? No? Think I win the magazine Top Trumps then!! *sticks tongue out*

Our anniversary today 17 years! *shocked face* I've earned Brownie points as the in-laws have come for lunch.....mother-in-law got very emotional & was in tears talking to me in the kitchen image she is not a huggy person AT ALL but what can you do when someone cries....you just have to hug them don't you!? I did. Three times, she just sat there rigid. Very sad.
  • Options

If we are talking magazine trumps ....I do believe I was first 

I have read back and retained little, had a manic couple of days at work, so busy and a couple of new acting supervisors

i appear to have Another throat infection so have only left the settee to see to Murph and GPO today (still dog sitting) and feeling a bit pants, missed the nicest day for months and was due to race a half mara tomorrow 

bet there is rubbish on the telly too

vibed for friends and eyes and dogs and teens x

• Options
    TubsterrTubsterr ✭✭✭

Happy Anniversary Spence image and fab article image

superb 75 Noggs image and will get a copy of Private Eye image

~~~~~~~~~~~Chuggy's pal~~~~~~~~~

well done Pippi image

((((( Amandax ))))) 

Good to hear the trial is in June Sluggy, and well done to Slugboy image

hospital visit went well, saw a really nice doc who took the time to explain everything properly. The stitches are intentionally very tight and have pulled the cornea into ( for want of a better description ) a nipple shape! No wonder the orb scanner couldn't cope! Stitches in for 3 to 9 months which is a bit of a bummer as trying to manage with a mediocre good eye is frustrating at times. It's been a month already since the op and hopefully when the stitches come out it will work.  I will get in touch with Pals, mainly about the gluten free which is worrying for other patients. 

(((((( waisters )))))

• Options
    TubsterrTubsterr ✭✭✭

(((( Meldy )))) Oskar sends commiserations to the GPO for having to sit on the doorstep. Oskar has spent most of the day in a paper bag looking at a toy mouse. 

• Options

That sounds like an awesome way to spend a day!

staffie is snoring and I've turned the telly up

i need ice cream

• Options

Crikey Tubbs, that eye stuff sounds proper scary.  Don't go buying Private Eye looking for any serious political expose,  look at Mediaballs in WHSmith then put it back on the shelf.  I spent my fee on a pizza and a beer at lunchtime (and they.'re both cheap here) 

A beautiful summer's day here today and just a few easy miles logged.  It included a nice long climb done slowly.  I was happy to potter about after yesterday's hard (for me) effort.  56 miles of rolling roads tomorrow.

Some vibes on their way for Chuggs chum.  That sounds very unpleasant.

Lots of bugs in our group too Melds, I.m trying to avoid the carriers.

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

((((M...eldy))))  Just say why flavour and I'll bring you some icy creamy.

Glad hozzie visit was much better this time, tubbs. I've often dreampt of seeing nipples before my eyes.

Mother in law cried? How bad is your cooking, Spence. Or was she crying cos you stole her son 17 years agoimage  

~~~~~~chuggy pal~~~~~ 

Lovely med morningimage  Early poofball away match tomorrow:O 

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    ((((((((((Tubbs))))))), you are so brave. I'd have been in bits if I had to go through what you are.

Hope you feel better soon Meldy.

M-I-L stressed about F-I-L Yums image
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Evening,

(((Meldy's froat))) I'll post you some ice-cream, as long as the GPO doesn't get to it first.

((((Tubs)))) 

~~~~~~Chuggypal~~~~~~ 

Sounds a difficult situation Spence image

Hope the meditation did the trick Yums. If not, try medication image

Noggy, it sounds as if you really are enjoying yourself and you will be as fit as a fiddle for your op - as long as you keep clear of the germblies.

I'm glad you seem to have come to an agreement regarding the secret boyfriend, DL.

I'm not sure that my trial will be in June, if it goes longer than 3 months I will need another pre-op check, so they will try but there is no guarantee. I would need a lot more benefit than I had last time if I were to go ahead with the permanent implantation - which I would probably prefer to leave until after our short break in July anyway.

(((WIN)))

WAISt well xxx

• Options

Morning each.

I just wanted to say, if Spence comes in saying I've been trying to proposition her,best ignore her.

I had an issue using Messenger on my phone, not for the first time this week.

Time to get kitted up and out.

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    I need some help...

This morning I had a message that started....."Morning sweetheart"

What to do!?

How do I let him down gently....?

Such a dilemma!
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

I have to say Nogs, I did have a chuckle to myself, that could have gone SO wrong!!image

10miles for me with 3 club pals, very lucky with the weather, capris & T shirt (thin gloves) dry....pissing it down now! Great chat, tea & a slice of cake after image

The boy is on his way back from a DofE walk I think he'll resemble a drowned rat!!

Where is everyone!?
  • Options
    TubsterrTubsterr ✭✭✭

Afternoon Sweetie xx image

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,

LOL@ Noggy and Spence. Obviously our media darlings have decided to get together image

How are things Tubs?

If you are not bored to death with hearing about it, here is a US TV piece about SB's ad. The head of the agency who appears is his old boss as this ad is the last thing the boys did before they moved on

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/domestic-violence-billboard-dares-people-not-to-look-away/

MS has just come home from w*rk and I'm not even dressed image I am usually up before he gets back but he caught me out by being a bit earlier today!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Options

Spence wrote (see)

Where is everyone!?

Sitting out in the sun of course image

Had a so so swim yesterday - I was swimming well but being held up too much to get full benefit from session and got kicked twice in the chest by some idiot bloke who joined our lane and had no idea of swim etiquette image  All good practice for OW swimming however image

this morning did an hour of bike "hills", (well slight ripples in the ground is all we have round here but you have to work with what you have!) followed by  the monthly greyhound walk along the beach under sunny blue skies and gentle waves breaking on the shore imageimage

((Tubbs)) glad you're a bit less frazzled re the eye

Yums - chuggy makes a very salient point (as always!) re your working......

~~~~~~Chuggy family friend~~~~~~~~~~

Happy cycling Noggy - Mr P is an avid PI fan and I'm sure he'll be procuring the latest issue imminently so we'll look for your 15 seconds of fame image  Hope the biking is good today

((((((Meldy))))))) take it easy, it's not like you to succumb to lurgies and you know it's far better to knock this on the head now rather than struggle down the line.....16 weeks............

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

We've been rambling round Powys. I took a dive in the first 5 minutes ... You knowthos plastic tapes which secure large boxes? There was a loop of that stickin out of the path, put my foot in it and ...SMACK! Grazed hand and there's going to be a colourful hip. But no real harm done. I soldiered on.

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

And there wasny

t much sun. Mud, yes, sun , no. 

((((Tubs)))) ((( Meldy))))

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Ouchy Pippi! I'm glad you didn't damage yourself any more badly. Congratulations on the Masters - of course, we knew you could do it but it's nice to have it confirmed, especially with the distinction image

• Options

Morning each.

Pipps, those plastic strips are the devil's creation.

Today is mountain day.  I'm going to do two hills and one mountain climb.  It won't include Sa Colobra Podds, I'll bail to the Monastry at Lluc for lunch. Then it's a long fast descent.  Last year my Garmin reckoned I did 70 mph.  I think it lied.

Have a great day each.

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭

Morning

Pippi is master of the universe????? OOOH congratulations, makes a nice change from He Man.

(((((Tubbs))))

((((Chuggy family friend))))

M.eldy has the lurgy? Those are some brave germs.

Hope the hills are forgiving Noggy

I bought a copy of Runners World. It had a story of a mad woman in jazzy loon pants putting people off joining clubs. She reminded me of someone.....

Had an interesting Saturday. FC6 was due to go to an event with the youth group - not due home until 3 pm. We went to the cinema. 15 minutes into the film we had a text saying she wanted to come home. We then discovered a youth worker had left her on our doorstep with no key, no money and no lunch whilst we were still 40 minutes away. Many an angry phone call and official complaint later, blood pressure has taken a hit!

Ah well it is a whole new week with all sorts of excitement ahead - hope it's a good one

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭

Gosh DL, you're having to complain all over the place at the minute! image Hope this one is effective. 

'All sorts of excitement' here mostly involves peeling the old (white) sealant off the bath and replacing it with dark green. Livin the high life. 

• Options

Morning all. Where did the weekend go? It's halfway through Monday morning already! image

Sluggie, I know the results of the last trial were not clear, but at least there were indications that once they get the thing properly placed, it might help, and the sooner they pursue that, the better! Also, what great publicity for SB's advert! It's really striking---he certainly has true creative imagination. Cue proud mum! image

Podds, how you manage to do all you don I can't imagine, especially when 'helped' by idiot men in pools who don't look where they're going! I admire your philosophical spirit image

Tubs, that really is good news from hozzie---both that the eye is doing what it should, even if you have to wait a bit, and also that you were treated nicely and respectfully. Hopefully in a few months things will have improved a lot, and it will all have been worth it!

Nogs----you want to barrel down a hill on a bike at 70 MPH?????  I would die of fright! But if that's what you like, all I can do is wish you a steep incline, a smooth road and no mechanical problems! image

Pippi, if someone has to encounter unexpected tape on the trail, probably better you than Noggie! But still, sounded like a nasty fall. Hope you aren't too black and blue today. At least your brilliant Masters shines as brightly as ever!

((((Meldy)))) Throat infections are awful. You never realise til you have one how often you swallow! Lots of tea, as hot as you can take it, and as much rest as you can get. Have you taken time off from work? 

DL, that is OUTRAGEOUS!! How a YOUTH WORKER can leave a kid alone outside a house with nothing at all beggars belief. That angry call was more than warranted! If there is a silver lining, I bet it made FC6 feel good at least that someone roared into battle on her behalf. But you shouldn't ever have had to. Good for you. 

Spence, happy anniversary! Seventeen years is a good start image And even if it was awkward with MIL, it probably was a great relief for her to be able to let some of her emotion out, and your sympathy will have helped even if she isn't the sort who can show that. You're a good DIL!

Busy weekend here, bit of chugging, cycling and walking with Monty. C2 stayed over on Saturday, which was nice. He's the one who has had the most difficulties to overcome, but he is SO happy now. He's doing what he was born to do (he's always wanted to be a psychologist) and he loves where he's working. He really hopes they will keep him after his internship, and all the signs are that they want to if they can get funding. C3 starts a new internship today with Adidas: 44% employee discount imageimage C1's first question: 'Will they think you're strange if you order a sports bra?' image C1 is in Algeria on 'holiday'. Got a FB from her: she is accompanied by armed guards everywhere, even to the loo image Will be glad when she's back on Wednesday. Piles of admin to do, so happy Mondays, all. xxx

• Options

Morning all, I am alive (just)

better nights sleep, no thanks to the GPO, it's not as tho I am having enough trouble regulating my temperature as it is without him wanting to sleep on me, I've been to the pharmacy for some witch Dr potion and will see how I go

Chuggy, C3 sounds the sort of offspring that needs to be looked after image

I haven't taken time off work as annoyingly I was on leave this weekend for MK 1/2 and am not due back until Thursday

• Options

Just got a call from C2. The friend who reacted badly to his chemo has just died. His son is C2's best friend; these people were the kids' guardians when they were small, and we have shared Christmases, new years, summer holidays, for 20 years. This is right out of the blue: we knew he had incurable cancer, but they were hoping to contain it and nobody expected this at all. 

C2 is totally shaken. I will wait til Mr C gets back and break it to him----this chap was probably his best friend, they met up for lunch every couple of weeks. 

Sometimes things don't make a lot of sense. 

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭

Aw chuggy, how dreadful image So very sad image Hugs to all of you today, sounds like you'll need them ((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))) xx

• Options

Oh that is just so very unfair Chuggs, love to all x

• Options

Ello ello sorry for my absence

((((((((((Chuggy and family))))) so sad image

wooooohooooo for Pippi image

and fab cycling Noggs

DL - it seems to me you and OH are doing a great job!

I got my copy of RW through the post - what a shock! image 

work was ridiculous last week, upgrade of our finance systems was a bit of a disaster! oh well we survived. Didn't get much running in last week but a nice long run on Saturday and the sun was shining image

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

(((((Chuggy, family and friend's family))))) I'm sorry, I know this was not expected at this stage image

DL, that is terrible! Thank dog that FC6 had you to ride to her rescue.

Tubs, I hope the time passes quickly and your vision ends up being even better than you hope.

Pity that you are wasting A/L Meldy but better than having to work.

Daffs, by the time you have finished the DIY, you will like the current house so much that you don't want to leave.

Nice to see you again Jenni, I hope this week is better than last.

Noggy, I can't imagine ever wanting to go down hill at 70mph on a bicycle image

Usual Monday stuff here, it is grey and much cooler than yesterday.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Options

Chuggs, that is so sad.  Sympathy and prayers from Penny and I.

• Options

Today's ride was short but packed a punch.  45 miles included a five .mile long climb.

This morning I felt a bit jaded but once I started I felt fine.  Not sure where we going tomorrow.

Nearly time for our meeting then dinner.