Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options

That sounds quite positive Tubs, I'm intrigued they can leave the stitches so long

• Options
    That a clever brain you have tubbs! Sounds positive though.

I've missed what's happened with slugs and Mr Pippi but sending positive vibes.

I've had quite an emotional day, started to sort mums house, there are bills everywhere her finances are in a right state with debt collectors chasing things. Going the hospital Monday to get the death certificate then I can start sorting things out. So not much more to do until Monday. I am drained. Don't think it's hit me yet I'm quite good at ignoring things as long as I'm busy!!! Nan seems to be coping ok though of course she is devastated she's now lost 2 daughters.

Tomorrow I'm having a day off and spending the day with my troupe girls watching a competition.

And on that note I'm going to bed for an early night.
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Morning

Ahh Tubbs, as Meldy says sounding positive long may that continue.

Ahhh ((((((Snaily))))) really feel for your nan, as a mum that's not the right order of things. Take care of each other.

Skippy, don't worry it is very difficult to keep up!!

Off to run 6 miles with club mates and coffee at Costa after image to make plans for next weeks Dtratford half.....not sure if I'm running yet.
  • Options

(((((Snaily and Snaily Nan))))

thats sounding rather positive Tubbs image 

we have a drain issue - Mr FF is doing a lot of gagging image

• Options

Spence - isn't the Dartford half hilly ? Braver than me !

M..eldy - struggle is my middle name !

Spent yesterday clearing out my Late Aunt's house while the estate agent's had it open for an 'Open House', with 16 appointments viewing. Hopefully it will worthwhile and someone will see the potential and make an offer. All this executor stuff is doing my head in !

Slowly building up - managed 4 miles at 10:20 pace. Still a lot to do but plenty of time (hopefully) to get it right before July.

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

(((((Snaily))))) you have a lot to contend with so don't try to do too much at a time. Don't forget that the estate is responsible for the debts, no-one else. If there is not enough money to satisfy the creditors (there is a specific order in which they should be paid) then that it an end of it.

Skippy, I didn't realise that you were dealing with similar issues image

(((Mr P ))) I'm not surprised that he is tired and sore! Sounds as if he is doing well though.

(((Tubs))) sounds like a tough day for you but cautiously hopeful, I think?

(((Noggles )))

Hope the rest of you are doing well and enjoying the sunshine.

SB spent yesterday visiting the grandmas. MIL is actually looking quite perky, sitting up in bed and chatting. SM looks a mess as she has facial shingles. My lovely car also looks a mess as some barsteward reversed into it while I was stationary image. Fortunately the insurers will sort everything out, including the courtesy car.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

(((Snaily))) very sad news about your mum. A terrible shock to you and snaily nan. A big WAISTer hug is on its way to you

I'm staying in this arvo as her m....eldyship is on my turf and I is well scaredimage 

((((Sluggy)))) I'm gutted for you that the vibrator didn't reach the parts it should. Keep applying rum and coke until they get you more comfortableimage 

(((((Pippi n Mr pippi)))

((((Noggs)))) hope both the patients are doing well and soon back to the normal routine

(((Mr farfar)))  what a hero. Just don't let him in the house in thoseclothes. Burn them and hose him down

Why wouldn't you be running Dratford arf, spencey?

Skippy, much easier to keep up daily than read backimage  

((((Tubbs)))) eyes crossed the new glasses get you back driving again. Overall I think it sounds like better news for you at lastimage 

I survived my first full time working week in 12 years. Also survived end of year review. Boss said she's very happy. On Friday I went out with the wimmins group. Only because mate from Oz wanted a gay old night. Some different faces and we had a nice meal. Dropped in the local gay pub. It seemed to have  a slightly seedy under current. Quite a few transexuals, one of whom was draped across a swivel chair on a podium, trying to look alluring. Reminded me more of an Amsterdam shop window. The young butch lezzas were brawling in the street. It was superb for people watchingimage Had morning retreat yesterday themed silence us golden... And a marshal run of the club 10k route this morning, gardening this arvo. Gonna phone my mammy n pappy and appreciate themimage 

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

((((Sluggy))))) bummox bout the car. Hope you're ok. Pity the jolt can't reset your back. Bless SB for visiting the grannies. Poor old SM though. Facial shingles doesn't sound much funimage 

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

Sounds like from the sublime to the ridiculous in reverse, yums! I hope the morning retreat helped you over the night before ... brawling in the street ... giving Waisters a bad name!

Mr P is now on a ward. It's an amazing place - pretty new, light and airy, with a lovely family room, with a little kitchen area. Years ago we were bunged in a cupboard with a few comfy chairs.

Drat-ford - is what Spence will be saying ...

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

Glad Mr P is now on a ward and a lovely sounding one too. Any idea when he will be home?

Yeah, sorry bout brawling and giving WAISTers a bad nameimage 

((((Daffy teef)))))  Any news on house hunting yet?

• Options

Cripes, so much going on.

Pipps, glad to hear Mr P is comfortable.  

Yums, you deffo win the award for the most interesting weekend.

A pain about the car Slugs.

My knee is ok, probably better than I could have wished.  I still can't tighten my quad muscle as much as I'd like but can straighten and bend the joint ok.  I'm pretty handy on the crutches too.

• Options

Sorry to be in so late. (Note will be on Meldy's desk in the morning).

So sorry to hear about your mum Snaily.  Sounds like your coping mechanisms have cranked up to maximum power.  (((((Snaily))))) Do take care of yourself.

Skippy, sorry to hear about your loss too and having to be executor is quite a responsibility too.

(((((((For all those in need))))))

Slugs, what a bummer about the car.  Hope it's sorted quickly.  Good on SB for visiting the older oldies.  

Not too much going on here at the moment.  Did the park run in a really good time yesterday (27.09).  It's been months and months since I got below 28 mins and the last two weeks I have, just but I seemed to get a whizz on yesterday.  Did a little triathlon on Easter Sunday and it took them 11 days to get the results out!  I was 66th out of 115 and 13th female.

I'd better go to bed as I have work in the morning (alarm goes off at 5.45am!!!). Been watching Burlesque.  

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    What!? Who!? I haven't entered Dartford half!?

Ahh but it has just clicked, Stratford!! It's a shame I'm not up to it as Far Far is doing the full & we ran together last year image I'm still going to support!

Bugger about the car Sluggie, hope you're ok.

Well done at parkrun FP!

Dear dear Yums, brawling!? a bit of decorum please!!

Good to hear Mr Pippi is on the mend.

Well, I've done something I've never done before.....joined The Gym !! Off for a taster session today with "Craig" thinking about having some 1-1 PT sessions!! *shocked face*
  • Options

Whizzing in as I've just done 3 miles and now have the glory of cleaning 3 bathrooms and mopping the house, but wanted to see how everyone was. 

Skippy, like Meldy says, everyone finds it hard to follow the plot at times, don't worry about it, just jump right in. Sorry to hear about your aunt, tho, and full marks for the difficult job of executor. Sounds like training is going well, too. 

Tubs, that sounds like really good news: things are improving all the time, and you're free until July. Hope the new specs work so you can drive again!! Let me know about your travel plans image

((((Snaily)))) The admin can be horrible, but like Sluggie says, remember that the estate is self-contained legally so you are not liable for anything yourself. But it takes time and emotional energy to sort it all out. Also ((((nan))) As someone said, losing two of your daughters is really against the natural order. Take care of you and of her. xxx

Spence, didn't realise your running Stratty was in doubt---are you injured and I missed it? Maybe your PT can suggest exercises that will make it better?

((JFF and Mr JFF))) Drains. Ugh. Hope they're sorted!!

Sluggie, must have been good to see SB, and nice that MIL was feeling well when he was there, but poor SM---facial shingles must hurt like the devil! As for your car-----WHAT a PITA!! At least it sounds like there is no real dispute and the insurance will step in. Have they made any suggestions yet for what else to try for your back? 

Yums, you live in a dramatic world! Boss very happy: so she bliddy well should be, but nice to hear it all the same. So glad you've met up with your Oz friend, but lazy riots sound a bit less than uplifting---the culture shock between that and 'silence is golden' must have been considerable! Hope the week is a bit calmer image

Pippi, so good to hear that Mr P is on a ward now, AND that it's such a nice ward. When will he get home? 

Nogs, sounds like you are making the solidly spectacular progress we would confidently expect of you! Hope by now it's less painful. When will you be able to drop the crutches? 

FP, you is on a roll for sure! A 27 minute parkrun is fab, and coming 13th in the tri is just brilliant! You must be well chuffed with all that! Well done you. xxx

Wanted to tell you about our unexpected visitor over the weekend, but must get a move on as I'm meeting a friend for lunch so happy days, all, back later. WAISt well. xxx

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭

Morning

Oooh a mystery to look forward to Chuggy

((((Snaily and family))))) hope it is easing a little

(((((((those recovering from operations - may the knees bend, the eyes see and the backs not hurt))))))

wooo hooo to PBers, runners, riders and racers. Sit down for this next bit - I've been for a run. I don't like to claim it's the beginning of anything as we know it's unlikely to last. It was short and painful and uninspiring - a bit like me!

Decent weekend - the sun shone and we got the barbie out for it's first adventure of the year. Lamb kebabs that FC prepared. And it's only April.

Happy sparkly new week - hope this one brings a bit more of the positive stuff

• Options

morning all

(((Snaily))) hope its all going OK

wooohoo FP you are on fire!!!!

oh Yumms what a colourful life you lead image

nice plodding there DL, that's you done for the year image

crikey Spence! a PT! how terribly professional!

we have free-flowing drains image I am tapering image and I am off work image got a bit of admin to do and will probably pop in and see my Dad - he's a bit needy at the moment but luckily I have had this bit of extra time

• Options

Morning All

Just whizzing through to leave ((((((((((((((WIN)))))))))))))) and especially for ((((((((((((((((Snaily)))))))))))))))

Hope all the post surgical cases are continuing on the up - but carefully and not doing too much too soon!

Sluggy - as Yums said, absolutely gutted the stimulator hasn't worked.......can't begin to imagine how you must feel about it image

Laters image

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭

ooooh Podds

How was your holiday????

Happy day off Far too Fast 

• Options

How was Switzerland Podds?

Did you meet my best friend - Toby Lerone?

I've just booked a trip to Menorca in September.  Hurrah.

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,

(((((Snaily))))) you are all in our thoughts.

Noggles, it sounds as if you are doing well - as is to be expected given your fitness level pre-op!

Good to hear that Mr P is doing well too image

Yumms, that does sound a very varied few days. Glad you were able to catch up with your Oz chum, are you going to get any time for private chat?

Crikey Chuggy, 3 bathrooms? You is well posh image Am looking forward to your forthcoming revelation about your surprise visitor.

FP, that's great going, you are on fire at the moment aren't you?!

Hiya Podds. Are you back home or just looking in from chocolate clock country?

Nice running DL, that is probably enough for 1 year don't you think??

Chuggy, you asked what else is on offer for me and the short answer is 'sweet FA'! For that reason, I have decided to go ahead with the permanent implantation, otherwise I will always wonder whether it might have done the trick. I will have to go back on the waiting list but that's OK with things as they are at the moment. 

SM says that she feels OK and her face is not painful, so that is something to be thankful for! We will go out for coffee tomorrow, as long as she is up to it.

Had a lovely morning pottering around with bff, the temp has been in the low 20s image.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Options

Hello!!! Bizzy Bizzy weekend, Buizzy day, just sat down and off out to run club in half an hour so will pop back later with a full review

• Options

Following my surgery it feels like one leg is longer than the other.

It.s odd because before the op I'm sure one leg was shorter than the other.

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

LOL norty Noggsimage Any idea when you might be alllowed back on your bike?

Woo hoo, FP, what a fab Parfkfun timeimage  The little tri result sounds great tooimage 

Chuggy, I'm in suspenders about your unexpected visitors

Welcome home Poddsimage 

Farfar has time off? Oh my goodness. Hope you can get daddy settled n enjoy some restimage 

Sluggy, I'm please you're going for the good vibrations. I have everything crossed it will be better than the trial. 

Chum who organised night out with Ozzie friend  today said she wished we had more time to talk... Sadly, no proper time to talk which I'm a bit gutted byimage  Mrs Dawg had her vaccinations today  so we are sleeping it off tonightimage  

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Woooo hoooo DL has been for a run image what race we doing !? image

Chuggs, I'm out of stratford because my knees really hurt at Colchester & I don't really feel I've recovered !!

Had a right laugh at the gym! Think Craig & I are going to get on!! Yes I could go and do it myself and save a fortune but he's gonna make me work....
  • Options

Yums, I.m hoping to be on my turbo in no more than five weeks from now. It''ll be near zero resistance stuff to start.

Can we guess at Chuggs visitors?

The Revenue perhaps?

The Dalai Lama?

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

Walk backwards, Nogs!

Good advice, Snaily - and take care of yourself too!

(((Sluggie))) forgot to mention the car - at least it was just the car ...

Mr P continuing to do well, but says that everything is hard work. The information is that he will be in for about a week or 10 days, but nothing has been said looking that far ahead yet.

• Options

Blimey, is the moon in Uranus or something! DL has been for a run!

i have been to the club run tonight, been a while since I had a Monday evening free to join them, 5.5 in total and 7 yesterday.  Yesterday's run as interesting as I was on a bit of a time schedule as the Devonians were due ..... 3.5 miles in to my run I realised that I had dropped my door key! Interesting.  Luckily I found out in time to retrace my steps and luckily again manamed to find it and just got home in time to shower and greet my guests!

Essex do was fun, 70 yr old auntie who is very young at heart had no idea at all of her surprise party which consisted of at least 70 people, a trad jazz trio and an elvis impersonater!!

gpo was horrified at having people sleep over and took umbrage in the back yard under the chair ...

• Options

Noggs, has someone changed the wedges in your shoesies?

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Noggy, I'm guessing fleas, it's the right time of year!

Glad to hear that you had fun Meldy. I don't know where the moon is but I do know where the sun shines out of...image

• Options

Morning each.

Another day, another adventure.

I need to get my quads working a bit better and walk a little bit further today.

HL has made a nice lemon drizzle cake for later.