Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options
    Sod the housework!!

As for tomorrow - whatever time you like. I still haven't looked at the weather forcast but I don't suppose it'll matter too much what its doing.
    About 9ish suit you?

There's the Bluebell 5 race the week before Halstead. Waddya think?
  • Options
    Grrrrrrr!!! Cancel that. I just looked at my calendar and I'm working that day. Just my luck.

You could do it though.
  • Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭
    BBC says 15°C sunny/cloudy 14mph north westerly wind

awww but it sounded nice :0) Halstead ?? what's happening there then ?

9ish is fine by me

• Options
    Larry, The stress fracture is tiny - called a march fracture as soldiers used to get them.

Rest Ice and the usual RICE stuff is the only answer but sitting down for 6 to 12 weeks is not really an option - so I'm taking it as easy as I can. It can get very painful (i've had the same before but in the other foot- that took 6 months to go as I was very busy and couldn't rest it enough)

I spend all of my working day on my feet - I do it through choice, I love the work - much better than sitting at a desk and commuting- this is just a little downside (that and the lowish pay)

Have to go

Catch up later
  • Options
    15??? Positively boiling!!

See you in the morning then.
  • Options
    Before I go - on a fashion note. Mrs O says that Camillas' outfit was very nice.
  • Options
    Poor you Odin. Take care of it. As you say not being able to run at the moment is probably a good thing.

It sounds like you have a lovely job. It would be great to be able to spend my days in the garden but I find that I only manage to snatch an hour here and there and at this time of the year there is so much to do. My granfather was a landscape gardener and loved, as you do. He also sacrificed better pay to do the job he enjoyed.

Time I was not here now. Off out with Jessie for a while so we'll be chasing ducks and pheasant, rolling in pooh, swimming in muddy ditches and generally behaving as good labaradors do.
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    You're not a particular good role model for Jess, Larry.
  • Options
    Back from our walk and yes XB, I showed Jess how to do it. Sam was a good dog and just chased his ball and brought it back to me a hundred times over, as collies do, while Jessie was running madly in the fields, hares darting away from her (not that she could catch them) and pheasant flying up shouting at being disturbed. She cooled off in the ditches but luckily didn't find anything to roll in today,, so no essence of fox to fill our living room this evening.

The curry's in the oven and smells drooooooolingly delicious.
  • Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭
    <<sniff sniff>>

smells like it's nearly ready Larry - I'm on my way

just realised that I can watch whatever I like on TV tonight woo hoo !

just gotta do some vacuuming and then dinner and wine :0)
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    The problem is, Yums, there's nowt but sh1te on telly on a Saturday night.

I've got Sarah Beany and Kevin McLoud on video to watch. I can drool at the Beany and Mrs B goes all doe-eyed at Kevin.

Perfect night when you've not been invited to a royal wedding or a premier or anything at all.

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭
    you're right XB but at least it's my choice of sh*te

Isn't Sarah Beany the lady with large assets ?
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    I hadn't noticed, to be honest, Yums.

I watch it for the interesting points she shares with the viewer; I would have thought that that she would have kept them close to her chest. And being keen on home improvement, it seems that I should keep abreast of the latest techniques.

Oh

and

she's got enormous knockery jugs.
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    Sorry Mrs XB tells me they are juggery knockers.
  • Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    Well, that's a pound I won't see again!
  • Options
    <<wipes hands>>

well thats one wedding done and dusted

what have I missed?
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    Did you wear a hat?
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm back, duly graduated and had a couple of glasses of champers to celebrate. Ceremony was in English and certificates written on new-fangled paper Odin! Going out for dinner to celebrate so fully intend to be too squiffy to come and say 'Goodnight'. Incidentally, did an 'Integration module' rather than a 'dissertation'!
    Didn't see any of the Chas+Cam do, but I expect there'll be plenty about it in the paper over the next few days!
    Hope everyone has a good evening.
  • Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭
    ok so there's nothing on TV and I'm all alone - even the WAISTers have gone out :0(

• Options
    I've done a few jobs, had a nice bike ride and now just finished a monster kebab with chili sauce and chips.

I'm thinking about either a tinny or two of Guinness or maybe crack open a bottle of vino.

Mrs O will be home by about 9.30 (I got her a part time job - she hangs around the docks and does favours for sailors!)

The world is lookin a cosier place already.
  • Options
    Odin!!! she will murder you when she comes in!!

I am struggling to keep my eyes open ....

<<zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz>>
  • Options
    She loves me Imelda - although she still struggles with my sense of humour.
  • Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭
    I'm not miserable really Odin I was just lamenting the fact that I have my freedom and haven't done anything with it

which docks is Mrs O at - am I too late to pop down and meet a sailor :0)

what have you been up to today that's made you so tired Meldy ?
  • Options
    Weddings Yums !!!

that and the 3rd day of 5am alarms .... I know a lot of people do that every day, but I cant :-/
  • Options
    5 am Imelda - thank heavens those days are behind me - just a distant memory.

Changing tack -

I'm trying to track down Mrs A.

Apparently she's been infecting lots of people in hospitals.
  • Options
    Lol Odin, you do make me larffff

sometimes!
  • Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭
    weddings ? why didn't you tell us meldy -congratulations. Who's the lucky fella ?

I got married once. It was only afterwards I discovered that the Argos 16 day guarantee didn't apply

Good job you don't have chilblains then cos they get up at all sorts of ungodly hours. Are you up early again tomorrow ?

I bought 16 caramac kitkats today only the 2 finger variety. Erm well there's 15 now

<<puts kitkats on WAISTer table>>

• Options
    16!!!!!! my goodness - let me help!!

I am off to bed in a mo

<<sends bucket loads of positive vibes across La Manche for Podds>>
  • Options
    Sorry, but I have to go - Mrs O will have earned a nice glass of something when she gets in.

Have a good night and catch you in the morning