Options

Clubs in London

Hi,

I've been doing the London to Brighton commute, which means I'm missing club training sessions. Which would be the best club fairly near Canary Wharf that people would recommend, so that I can go straight from work. I'm hopefully going to be moving to London in a few months so looking to join on a permanent basis. I run 5k+ and would like to do some XC image

Thanks,

Victor

Comments

• Options

Not very near Canary Wharf but I'm in Clapham Chasers and they definitely do XC as well as long distance running and tri. Not far from Clapham Jct so you could hit it on your way home.

• Options

Come to Kent AC! Ladywell Arena in Lewisham is 30 minutes from Canary Wharf (tube to Waterloo then train). Regular track sessions every Tuesday and usually something going on Thursdays as well.  We also love a bit of cross country. Surrey League champions for the past three years, and regularly turning out 20 - 30 runners.  image

To be fair, you've also got Victoria Park Harriers training at Mile End, Not sure what their training schedule is though.

I could also put you in touch with a group that train every Thursday lunchtime at Shadwell Basin, usually 6 x km reps. When I worked at Canary Wharf till recently I used this session when I couldn't run in the evening.

Drop me a message if you want any further info.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    East Lonfon runners? I don't know much about the club but the only one I gave seen wasn't very competitive in spirit (if not absolute speed).
  • Options
    Come to The Running Club London, we are based in bermondsey to too and from a brewery..... website. therunningclublondon.com