Options

Beckenham 10k

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    He, he, he... Oh like taking candy from a baby ;)
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    Caz - you can do it - it's only 10k over two laps so you can stop early if it's too much for ya!
  • Options
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever ;)

I'm not running at all at the mo, so even 5k is a out of the question.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you peeps on Sunday, is it easy to find?
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    pizza cake - over the bridge from Beck Junction station and take the second road (Foxgrove) on the right and 100 yds up on the left

bring champagne and straws (or some good beers)
  • Options
    Mr Snail and I are both doing this too. See you all on Sunday. Multi, assume I'm seeing you tonight? When did you injure yourself?
  • Options
    Got my 10k PB in Beckenham last year - only just! Wish I could join you again, but I'll just have to put up with running here instead.....

You'll be starting off at about the same time as I start off in the Bangalore Hash on Sunday...which'll be about 10k as well, but that'll be 10k through bushes and undergrowth and fields, dodging holy cows and mosquitoes, possibly in torrential monsoon rain. Should be fun, and will be followed by lots of beer.....!!

I'll be thinking of you, good luck!
  • Options
    I have already bought me champers and is chilling nicely :)
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    Hi Kerry - have a good 'un!
  • Options
    I have some alcohol free Becks in me fridge ;)
  • Options
    Good luck to you too Kezza! :)

(Not that I'm doing anything...)
  • Options
    Well this is going to be my first ever event.

Doing this in preparation for the Great North Run later in the year.

Looking forward to it although a little apprehensive I'll finish last !
  • Options
    Unlikely with me there , after 4 days in wales I must weigh 20 stone, even Snoop might beat me..........................
  • Options
    So Jim the Plump now is it?

After my whirlwind trip to the States last weekend, and the fact that last week was half term (and I managed to stay late at work every night), coupled with me spending this morning at Brands Hatch learning to drive a car sideways and being told to accelerate more as a tree looms ever closer and to leave the gears alone and only use the hand brake I somehow got volunteered to take both kids and one of thier friends swimming tomorrow morning. Not my first choice but sme serious brownie points are required on the domestic front.

So have a good race one and all and enjoy the champers.

Updated list then to put you all out of your misery.

Andy R - providing the tote?
    Angelis - mileage building (target sub 40 mins)
    Ashley Smith - Taking kids swimming :(
    Big Tim - #58 serial racer - 1st home, gets the uncorking duties on the champers !
    Chunky Monkey aka Someone Has Got To Be Last - not this one though! #5
    Fliss - #4
    Itchy'TB'Ringer - how's Uranus ?, don't ask him the time ? #9
    Jon - Minkey wants to play
    Meg Mrs Mop - #36
    Mr Martlet
    Mrs Martlet
    Multi - the juggler #2
    Niki (birthday girl again)
    Kip - not really a snail! #13
    Pathfinder - anyone for tennis? - No.1 seed for this #1
    Plum - don't hold yer breath
    Snoop - feeding strawberries #3
    Speedie - hopes to live up to his name this time
    Urban Road Runner - let me at those hills #87
  • Options
    Hi all!

Good race, hilly and only moderatly hot. Managed to pip ItchyRinger to the post to get a PB of 46:02!

Good to meet snoop as well!

See you both at the ND30.
  • Options
    Well done people!

[Results can be found here.]
  • Options
    Pezza - Only moderately hot!! - I thought very!

I must say that the hospitality was superb ; makes me want to join Beckenham RC as a second claimer (I would if I lived nearer!!)

I ran a minute quicker than last year so should be pleased but I was hoping for a very low 33 rather than 34.07!.

URR- Were you pleased with your time ?

• Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    nice local run that.

enjoyed the shampoo in convivial company in front of the pavilion afterwards.

soz I didn't pick up the hints which you dropped last Friday on this thread, Caz - "not running at the moment", "alcohol free becks in yer fridge" - of course! And you looked bloomin!

so G does run on leaded fuel...
  • Options
    Nice day out again, champagne went down well, BUT NO STRAWBERRIES !! :0

Actually that was a pb too for me today
  • Options
    :) Thanks Snoop, and very nice to hear from Tiger earlier too :)

Hadders - We've got your Power Bar drinks thing here (Gaz washed it up for you ;) ). We'll bring it along to the next race for you (and maybe Gaz'll make you up a drink too!)

URR - I think it was you that nearly ran me over when you were warming up this morning!

Oh and well run everyone!

• Options
    Caz & Gaz :-)

OK Caz we'll stop trying to get you out running - for a while anyway! ;)
  • Options
    :) I'm in the market now for a three wheeler, I see a nice one advertised in RW this month, and it matches Gaz's Zoom Elites :)

• Options
    Sounds like a must have then!
  • Options
    Caz - Ooops, sorry :) Me was runner in red Fila vest. Hopefully no injuries.

Michael - Last year I ran 37:38, this year 35:44. I am pleased considering the course, but I am a bit frustrated, 5x in a row 35-ish time (ranging from 35:59 - 35:11). Patience ....
  • Options
    Oops URR not you then! (I blame Gaz for the mistake!) :)

Absolutely Tiger... by that time I would have run my running shoes out walking, so maybe I should get a yellow pair too to match :)