Options

More WTC expansion

WTC (Ironman) have acquired Laragarde sports endurance division..... which runs 5 of the ITU events globally, plus a handful of other stuff like cycling's Tour of Germany, and several big marathons....

It'll be interesting to see how this develops, as WTC must be making ITU somewhat nervous right now... but equally, it might well accelerate the professionalisation of the sport, as Lagarde sound like they've got a lot of track record in this area...

Fascinating dvelopment.....

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday

Comments

• Options
    Magna Carter wrote (see)

WTC (Ironman) have acquired Laragarde sports endurance division..... which runs 5 of the ITU events globally, plus a handful of other stuff like cycling's Tour of Germany, and several big marathons....

It'll be interesting to see how this develops, as WTC must be making ITU somewhat nervous right now... but equally, it might well accelerate the professionalisation of the sport, as Lagarde sound like they've got a lot of track record in this area...

Fascinating dvelopment.....

I don't think ITU are nervous about WTC - they coexist happily together and have been having quite productive talks over the last year or so about having a coordinated set of rules.  provided WTC/Lagardere do the job they are contracted to do for the ITU at the WTS events they manage, then it should not be an issue.   but I guess time will tell.