Options

20mile thames river route

Hi i am looking for a 20 mile route along the thames starting/finishing in the hammersmith area/bridge.

can anyone recommend a good route.

Comments

• Options
    You could do two laps of H'Smith Bridge - Putney - Chiswick Bridge - H'Smith Bridge. One lap of that is 10 miles... The area between Barnes bridge and Chiswick Bridge ain't that appealing to tell you the truth though - muddy, rubbishy, and not that safe as there are no where near as many runners as up near Putney.

Check out the Serpie running website www.serpentine.org.uk and they have many routes + distances on the site.

I'll be looking for a 20 miler around that area soon (arrrgggh!) so will be interested in any other suggestions.
  • Options
    Chiswick bridge to Kew/Richmond is pretty though( on the south side.)

You've possibly got enough miles there to go down the river to Barns bridge- by road to richmond park ( not so nice ).- Across richmond park to rejoin the river ( that's a great hill if you run it the other way ) and back past Kew bridge...

Try playing with map24.com
  • Options
    i am currently doing the putney to chiswick route, and didnt really want to do it twice, wanted something that varies the scenery. I should measure up the distnce from chiswick to richmond. that might do it
  • Options
    The Richmond Bridge to Putney Bridge loop is 20miles... have done it many times and it is a nice loop apart from the bit through Brentford high street, although that means that there are shops to get a drink from!