Options

Weight Loose

I have started upping the milage again and have lost half a stone in 4 days, should I be worried

Comments

• Options
    been eating more carbohydrates and drinking enough? might be glycogen depletion
  • Options
    Yeah, Loads of water the normal two litres a day. Plus Lucozade sport, eating when hungry
  • Options
    Not fair - give details of training, drinking and food - this is the diet for me.
  • Options
    I new that someone would spot this!
  • Options
    eating straight after training though? even if you aren't hungry you should force a bagel down or something, ideally with some protein, and within 10 or 20 minutes if you can
  • Options
    Sounds a colossol weight loss, Longlegs. You haven't had the runners trots or taken any diuretics have you? Or perhaps your scales need adjusting?
    Did you use the same scales to weight yourself each time, and were they on a firm surface, not carpet? And did you stand on them the same - I have a magic set of scales and if i put weight on my heels instead of flat on the whole feet, then i can lose several pounds in seconds.
  • Options
    Weight can fluctuate that much in a day - even without any fat loss!
    Weigh yourself every day first thing (post toilet), ignore the highest and lowest readings and average the other 5.
    That weekly average will tell you what is REALLY going on...
  • Options
    Weight is one of those very mysterious things. I ran 11 miles yesterday and had 2 small, healthy meals. But weighing myself this morning, apparently I put on a pound...

The other odd thing is sometimes I actually put on weight overnight.

Pantman's formula sounds pretty good. I never agonise or crow over suddenly gaining or losing a pound or two. You have to look for trends. I log my daily weight, but the figure I look at is the average weekly one. But Pantman's right - it probably does make sense to exclude the highest and lowest as you often do get freak readings that can distort the picture in either direction.
  • Options
    I've lost nearly a stone in.....2 years! Wow, what a diet! It's just erm....slowly, slowly melted off. Never has slow and steady rung so true :)
    Whilst I can't try to explain why you've lost that amount of weight (if you were a woman, you could blame fluctuating weight because of menstruation for example), it could be down to water retention that has eased itself.
    Each pound of fat weighs equivalent of 3,500 calories (note to self: cut down on diet of shallow women's magazines) so I can't believe you've expended 14,000 cals in four days.
    Perhaps you should weigh yourself once a week Longlegs so you can notice a trend over two months, for example. This would also help you rule out any bowel or gastro factors that might have come into play.
    Weighing yourself everyday can become obssesive, and you'll become paranoid about fluctuating weight, which - as Pantman says - is very natural.