Options

Multiple Marathons

I've entered Manchester and London marathons this April. All the plans for multiple marathons talk about 4 or 6 week training plans in between. Any thoughts on how to deal with a 2 week gap?

Comments

• Options

Im doing the exact same ! Manchester then London ..... are we crazy ?! Im planning a 5 day rest then a few light days and a longer run maybe 8 to 10ish before more taper.... ?? I wont be aiming for a time at London though, Manchester is the 'Race' VLM I want to enjoy this year .

• Options
    andyc209andyc209 ✭✭✭

Done a few doubles - Brighton and London on consecutive weeks and worst of all - London then Boston in 2014 on following weekends - i admit i was dead on that one as the flight did not help! I made sure i had a light 3-4 mile jog on the Thursday before the second race to make sure the legs could move. Also i ate plenty of prtein to make sure the muscles had best chance to rebuild. If you are just content on enjoying the second one you will easy make it around. I tried racing both!! 

• Options

depends on how you race the first one...if you are racing it all out then I wouldnt do nuch apart from some walks and some gentle jogs inbetween.....

are you racing the second one as well....

• Options
    rodeofliprodeoflip ✭✭✭

I did Paris and London last year 2 weeks apart (then another two within the next 5 weeks!). I made the mistake of racing at both, and discovered that the legs were tired for the second one and I just didn't have the energy. With hindsight, I should have jogged one and raced one, and preferably jogged the first so that I was fit for the second.

I suspect there's not too much you can do between them, they're simply too close together. I wouldn't run much, your muscles will need all the recover they can get. Protein intake is probably a good idea, and compression socks may also help. Lots of sleep and RICE on any sore areas.

Good luck!

• Options
    washwoodwashwood ✭✭✭

Ill be racing Manchester and enjoying London with no pressure of time image

• Options
    2Old2Old ✭✭✭

I ran both London -3.07-and Liverpool-3.10-last year but they were 7 weeks apart.Just about time to recover and do a couple of long runs and some speedy stuff.This year they are 5 weeks apart so  I'm thinking maybe more like Washwood if I do decide to do Liverpool again.....except my personality may not want/let me to do it that way.

• Options
    washwoodwashwood ✭✭✭

How did Manchester go ? How are you feeling about London ??? Im just going to see what happens on the day but have no thoughts of it being as quick as Manchester !