Options

Saturday 21st February 2004

A piece of lyric which I wish applied to me.

Got various LT runs to do. Might do a double by having an easy run later.

Good luck to all Saturday Shoppers & Sunday racers.

Comments

• Options
    Morning all.

What: nowt.
    Why: rest before Sunday's LSD.

Enjoy your Saturday!
  • Options
    morning all,

what : same as Mutley, resting before tomorrow's long 'un.
    why : FLM
    last hard : fri
    last rest : thurs

Will be marshalling at today's national XC championship so good luck all of you.
  • Options
    Morning all

What: National XC Championships, Leeds

Why: To take part

Last hard: Sunday

Last rest: Weds

Good luck to all racers
  • Options
    Well done BR and good luck. Is this televised?
  • Options
    Morning

What: Welsh XC championships feeling very very nervous

Why:Club asked me

Last hard:Wednesday

Last rest Thursday

Good luck all racers especially those doing the National!!!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    I don't know if it's on telly - I think it has been in the past.

If so you'll recognise me on the last lap as the leaders lap me as I cling on to 467th place or something:-)
  • Options
    Morning All,

Best of luck to all racing, conditions look good ;-)

What: Easy 7-8M social run with some (ex-)club mates.
    Why: Excuse for a chat and to marvel at the Bekele's indoor 5k world record last night.
    Last hard run: Thursday
    Last rest day: Friday
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    woohoo!

rest day!
    coz it says so - look - right there on my plan!

:o)

good luck BR!
  • Options
    Morning

Mission accomplished!

Have been awake since 4am and was so eager to get out but was unsure what I wanted to do, so having a long think and looking back on the last two long runs I decided to set a challenge of beating my last two long runs.

Two weks ago: 20 miles in 2:35:38

Last Friday : 21 miles in 2:34:33

Today I did : 23 miles in 2:43:37

The aim was to keep to 35 minutes for each 5 mile lap and just about hung in there, mega pleased, the 20 miles was done under 2hrs 20 which is what I was aiming for, but wasnt sure if I could pull it off.

Which went:

1.5 mile warm up: 11:44
    5.0 miles 34:58
    5.0 miles 34:19
    5.0 miles 34:41
    5.0 miles 34:57
    1.5 mile cool down 12:42

Why: Weekly long run, unsure if it was gonna happen tomorrow so thought Id best get it in.

Last Hard: Yesterdays 5 mile was harder than today!!!

Last Rest: Wednesday

Good luck to all XC runners today and to everyone else who is racing this weekend.

Time for a sauna and jacuzzi!!!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning,

good luck BR and others in Nationals and WP in Welsh Championships! Also good luck to anyone doing any other race!

what:1600m swim and maybe 30 mins on turbo
    why:well I was going to do my 7th run of the week, but still some soreness around inner left calf/shin and as I want to do a long run tomorrow I thought it best to rest it today.
    last hard:yesterday's tempo runn
    last rest:Wed
  • Options
    Morning

Good Luck BR, WP etc etc,

What: 4 miles recovery
    why; Started off and realised that I was very stiff from yesterdays 21-22 miles so decided to take it easy.
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Last rest: Tuesday

• Options
    Morning all,

good luck to everyone in the Nationals - can't wait to read the reports.

What: nothing
    Why: need a rest day - legs felt tired just cycling home from work yesterday, and that was downhill. Also seem to have picked up a slight abdominal strain, so on the whole it seems best to have a day off.
    Last hard: Thursday
    Last rest: 8 days

Have a good one.
  • Options
    Morning all

I woke up ready to go to the Nationals and as I started to move felt a sharp pain at the bottom of my back. It only hurts when standing up straight, or moving, so I've got no idea what it is or what caused it but running is obviously out.

Will try and rest up today, and get it sorted since although I'm gutted to miss the National, London has always been the target for this year.

Good luck all racers.
  • Options
    What a bummer Mike! Hope you get sorted quickly.

Good luck WP.

Speedie, good work, must be a good confidence booster. Great mental determination to run all that way on your own early doors.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Mike B - hope it is not too serious and you don't join me in a brand new abandoned sub 2:45 thread.

Good luck to BR, Tim and others running the natioanl

What: Nightmare 10km with Mary with leg giving me problems all the way round. Really is getting me down. Although I have been out last 5 days not one has been enjoyable.

Why: cos I'm stubbornly stupid

Simon

• Options
    Mike B, you must be devastated! Hope it gets sorted soon. Likewise, Simon.

Good luck everyone in Nationals.
    Can't wait to read reports BR&WP.

What: 11.5 miles
    Why: makes 31 miles for this week, my second in a row!

Felt really tough today with wind and cold.Thought I was going to collapse up the last hill! Particularly hard run with lots of hills, might be overdoing the comeback.
    I have gone 18,25,30,31 since recovering from a month of various bugs. Thought I might be due for a recovery week of 25miles again next week and then back up to 32miles.
  • Options
    Good luck Barnsley!

Don't forget you've got tomorrow AND Monday to recover (bloody teachers' in-service days, grrrrrrr!)

And good luck to everyone else, of course! Go for it ....
  • Options
    Hey, no training day for me - straight back to 5hrs+ of toil!
  • Options
    Trained early this morning cause I'm taking my kids to an Atomic Kitten concert tonight in Glasgow.

5 x 1 mile in 5:25, 5:27, 5:20, 5:21, 5:20 with 3 minutes recovery inbetween. Tough session, especially so early in the morning and after a few beers last night.

Good luck in the nationals today.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Hope the back isn't anything serious MikeB!

SiT-you are doing what most of us have done with injuries and being as stubborn as most runners are! Don't make it worse though!!

Have you thought of using an infra red heat lamp to help with recovery. It's been recommended to me by a football physio, so I'm thinking of getting one.

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Sorry that's a bit expensive, but I'm sure they can be got for much cheaper!
  • Options
    We've got a little hand-held infra red lamp - - it's about the size of a hairryer MrB got it from Boots years ago. Don't think it was very expensive.

Today's run...! Well, the schedule said 19 miles, so went forth into a blizzard on some rather lonely farm tracks... really suffered in the wind, but kept going (up to 600 feet, according to the Garmin!), even though my eylashes became two solid lumps of ice, and my Platypus froze. After about 13 miles I realised that I was suffering from the early stages of hypothermia (lack of co-ordination, sleepyness - oh, and no movement in my hands) so cut my run short and headed home. But legs were fine and final score was about 15.5 miles, and I felt that I could easily have done the extra 3.5 miles - if the weather had been kinder! I don't usually wimp out becuase of the weather, but when a situation looks a bit dangerous, I don't have any qualms about it!

Happy racing and running, everyone!
  • Options
    Apologies for rubbish typing above - still not much life in hands or brain ... three hours later!
  • Options
    Oh, it was -7 today - hate to think what the windchill was!
  • Options
    Hi..........

What: easy, mainly off-road 6 miler
    Why: to recover from last night and to keep the legs ticking over for the Winchester 10K tomorrow.
    Last hard: last night
    Last rest: 5 days

Donaldo: the 4 x 1 mile sounds tough but I think I'd find sitting thru Atomic Kitten even tougher!

MikeB: bad news and BAD timing! hope it's nothing too serious

LizzyB: all i can say is wow! you've made me feel a total wimp for moaning about going out this afternoon in conditions that are almost tropical compared to yours!

BR/BT: good luck- i await your reports :o)

• Options
    Hey

What: 5 1/2 m
    Why: Cos I've been a lazy sod since tuesday nights 10K.

And I tell you, four days rest isn't worth it. Gargh, the pain, the effort! Stupid drop in fitness *grumble grumble*

Ah well, back on the joey train now :)

LizzyB: Frozen eyelashes result in me running into dustbins, so you get my utmost respect :)

Good luck at the XC's - send us those reports!!
  • Options
    LizzyB: I will never complain about running in the cold again! Amazing effort!
  • Options
    Lizzy - aaaaarghhhhhhhh!

Anybody seen Llama man recently?

4mile, 48min run/walk 4/1. (Temp here now well above freezing and humid hooray)