Options

Airport Treadmills

Which airports have you been in with decent treadmills ??

I know its a bit sad ... but being in transit or waiting for a plane is soooo boring.

For starters, Changi Airport (Singapore) has a couple of decent gyms. The best treadmill (but not gym) is in Terminal 1.

Comments

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Hope you had a shower before getting on the plane Mr C!:o)

I don't travel much so never had the need to run at an airport.
  • Options
    Have to confess - I didn't realise that airports did have gyms - or maybe I just get to use grotty airports.

Do you just pay a one off entry fee or how does it work?
  • Options
    you could try running the wrong way along the travelators?
  • Options
    LOL !

M - reps running up the "down" escalator would be fun - although running down the "up" is probably harder !!

Hilly there are decent showers ... especially recommend the BA ones at T4 arrivals ... and the ones in Changi were'nt bad.

The only problem I found post run was cooling off before boarding - or before walking past the SARS cameras which detect if you have a temperature (still out and manned).

:-)
  • Options
    Singpore is pretty up to date full stop, I bet that KLIA (Kuala Lumpur) has a couple of decent treadmils as well.

Must confess as well that I didn't know that airports had them, business class only maybe?
  • Options
    changi was great - didn't use the gym there but the facilities in general were fab!
  • Options
    I have recently aquired a treadmill,help, iv never been on one before! Any advice please
  • Options
    SR

Anyone could use the treadmills in Changi ... £5 ... Business Lounges concentrate on making you fat not fit.

MK - suggest taking it easy for the first run to get used to it ... and be careful of dropping your towell onto the treads !
  • Options
    Greetings Mr C, hope you are well. Been thinking the same thing as I seem to be dogged by long stopovers with a few hours to kill and would have loved to have a bit of a workout. Don't suppose they will have one in Luton by the time I head for Portugal in a months time. How is the training going Mr C? mine has been made infrequent because of injuries, but when I can run, I'm flying. Still on for sub 3 in London, fingers crossed

RK
  • Options
    Mr SD is on route for China for a week with work. I have persuaded him since he keeps going on about the hotel being a good one, to take his swimming and gym gear with him.

I did not realise about the airports having treadmills.....
  • Options
    Rabkebab,

Luton airport and treadmill ... hmmm ... could be pushing it !

Training for London going well (for me), have just completed 4 consecutive 40 - 45 mile weeks and did my first 20 miler yesterday - so fingers crossed will be in better shape for London than I was in Berlin. Just need to find some 10 k - half marathon races to get some sustained speed in ... and avoid injury of course.

Tried to persuade Ladbrooks to offer me 10 - 1 on you beating 2:55, but they would only offer 5 - 1 ...

:-)

• Options
    Be like George W and have your own treadmill installed on Air Force One...
  • Options
    Will need to be doing another negative split then Mr C as I am aiming for half way in 1.28/9. Got my first race of the year on Saturday, just a 5 miler then a 10K two weeks later before I head off to Portugal. Not going to be able to get a half in, but not really feeling I need one, know the fitness is good, just down to the niggles. Have done 35 miles the last 2 weeks and gradually building. Fingers crossed

R