Options

Richmond Park

Can anyone tell me how far is it to run around the perimeter of Richmond Park and does it have a good path? I need to do 17 miles and thought a couple of times round the park make a change. Also is the path easy to follow, as I don't relish the thought of getting lost!

Comments

• Options
    The path's really easy to follow, and it's about 7.5 miles around the edge. If you do it on a Sunday there'll be millions (well, almost) of other people running it too, so it would be difficult to get lost.

To make it up to 17 miles could you run to the Park from home?
  • Options
    Alternatively, on one of the laps you could leave the running path and run to the Pen Ponds, round and back. That should add nearly 2 miles I think. Its signposted from Robin Hood Gate.
  • Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    Go once round the path then next time when you get to either Ham Cross or Robin Hood Gate cut across to the other one (ie. Robin Hood if you're at Ham Cross etc) and make a figure of eight. This loop would be something like Kingston Gate, Robin Hood Gate, Ham Cross, Pembroke Lodge, Richmond Gate, Sheen Gate, Robin Hood Gate, Ham Cross, Kingston Gate. I think the figure of 8 is about ten miles, so that plus one normal loop would be 17-ish. I hope that's clear!
  • Options
    Runners World is having a 15mile training run there this w'end. Starts at 8am I think. You can check the details by clicking on Forumites gathering at races to the left of this page.

Good luck