Options

Britain's Hardest Prog

Should be worth checking out. Has some of the DB Max guys in it (Hywel Davies, Adam Horder, etc).

d
Endurance Coach @ DazCarterFitness.com
Elite Ironman, Ultra Trail Runner

Comments

• Options
    I thought this was a thugs programme with who can smash down a door the quickest, or throw a pitbull the highest.

Have I got it wrong then ?

Isn't Hywel a former Tough Guy winner ?
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    oooo oooo oooo!

I've seen that Hywel bloke!

Haven't I, Dazzle? [simper]

(he's jolly fast in the dry tri thingy)
  • Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    No idea cougie, havnt seen it yet. Just know it has DB Max, Smilebuster peeps thrown into it. Hywell Davis has been British Champ at the indoor stuff for a while. Didn't know he won tough guy...?
  • Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    hi jj!

yeh good aint he. 75kmh max on the x-bike, jes!
  • Options
    Maybe I'm confusing him with another Hywel ?
  • Options
    Nope - I'm right.
    Just looked at the DB Max site - v impressive.

75kmh on an X bike ? Whassat ?
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    Only other Hywel I know is Hywel Bennett, and he's an actor.

you do know it's pronounced Howl, don't you? Just so's you know when you get within ten feet of him and you can say hello...

• Options
    hywell bennett was great

bring back shelley! bring back shelley!

can't actually remember what happened in it, just that he was a miserable moaning git
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    but he was a rather gorgeous moaning git.

Sadly he's now a little older, and somewhat bloated.
  • Options
    Hywel Bennet was in a film called Percy (1971)described by Channel 4 film thus:

Limp sex comedy from a time when a plot about a penis transplant was thought to have a certain kind of exhilarating bravery. Bennett is the man with the grafted organ, Denholm Elliot the hare-eyed scalpel-wielder, Elke Somer and Britt Ekland the women on the receiving end.

it was truly crap!

• Options
    Jj - tee hee !

FB - but the plot showed such promise !
  • Options
    yeh cougie - all plot and no action - can't even remember if the girls get their kit off. limp was the key word here
  • Options
    I did a thread on this weeks ago, obviously missed ;)

That Hywel Davies is the one and only cross training legend. He's a 4 times tough guy winner!

he's also done a sub 9.30 Iron Man or was it Sub 9? The guys a machine!!! Anyway I've been given a little (and only a little) insight into his training and it's amazing what he's capable of

• Options
    but he wasn't in shelley though
  • Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    salfordrower, its amazing when you actually meet though isnt it. he's quite short and slim with a bney complexion......you'd never think he is capable of whats listed on his cv!

anyways i checked out this prog last night for first time. was actually quite good. hosted by the guy who plays phil mitchell in eastenders and a bunch of other big gangster types. a ganme show based in a disused warehouse - 6 contestants i think ( i tuned in a bit late).

the rounds i saw:

- lying flat on a slight slope and grasping hold of a truck that was being winched away

- head-to-head being lowered (feet tied) into a vat of cold water in the dark fro 1min. then pulled out for a few secs, and the same again....until one submits

- smashing a breeze-block in half with a sledgehammer - quickest goes through

- and finally a head-to-head final on a platform where, gloved, they get to punch, kick and wrestle each other out of ring (two falls and you lose)......only head punches werent alowed.

good tv
  • Options
    Sounds plain nasty to me.

I don't think I'll apply to be on that one ! ;-)
  • Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    me neither!
    but good to watch and laugh
  • Options
    I've watched most of these and you're right - they are great tv. Unfortunately the hard nutter b@stard who would probably tear everyone else in half in the final round usually bottles it on the drowning round. Although, last night the big guy kind of lost his way smashing that concrete block with the sledge. Not the sharpest tack in the box.
  • Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    heh yeh that made me laugh....he was a real honey-monster that one. went hell for leather at the beginning and could hardly lift the thing at the end. the skinny guy (who professed does no trainign at all) did it in a fraction of that time.....brains over brawn!
  • Options
    Daz - your right on meeting them. You would imaging he's huge but he weighs only about 70kg, he won the rowathon series last year and he's competing in Bahrain sometime soon for a big prize.

I know that Hywel makes it to the final of his but gets two broken ribs from a professional cage fighter. Hardly surprising who wins that fight ;)

I've not seen one of the shows yet but I have them all taped by the folks so I'll get to see them all when i see them next (could be a while)
  • Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    Jesus! But I guess it being 'hardest' rather than 'fittest' you have to expect a good scrap in there somewhere.

anyway whats a 'cage' fighter?
  • Options
    I'm guessing a cage fighter a guy who goes into a ring you can';t get out off until you submit. No idea realy. maybe a no holds bar fighting where only biting isn't allowed?

Either way I wouldn't fancy it
  • Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    did you see the 'carrot and stick' prog last night. that gimp graham had me in stitches. how embarrassing must it be to be so unfit and weedy that your friends have to send you ahead in a log-carrying obstacle course.....and then give you piggy-back later on because you are too tired. and the course was only 10mins worth long
  • Options
    He was pretty hilarious! I wouldn't want to be on his team at all, not that i mind people being unfit but he was hardly giving it 100% and that IS something that i hate from a team mate!

He must have known what it was about before entering
  • Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    he was on harry hills tv burp the other day. had him singing some song. the guy obviously gets a kick out of embarrassing himself