Options

What's your worst gear?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Go CazGo Caz ✭✭✭

I've tried both those methods and failed... I don't have the manual dexterity to do the top one up behind me, especially as you have to slide and click it in a particular way. As for booktrunk's method, it's way too tight for that (yes, it was properly fitted). I agree with Clag – the most ridiculous thing ever and quite a challenge even for two people. As someone who's on the small side, I'm not even sure I need such an extreme garment. Apart from the Max Sports Bra, which I like, has anyone found any good alternatives?

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Go Caz - I used to use the Shock Absorber bra and could do it up fine, but after losing some weight I found I didn't need that much support any more. And also there was an embarrassing incident when one of the straps pinged out of its fastening on a club run. Anything under a B cup and this sort of thing is perfectly adequate and much comfier.

• Options
    JazzijJazzij ✭✭✭
    Go Caz wrote (see)

I've tried both those methods and failed... I don't have the manual dexterity to do the top one up behind me, especially as you have to slide and click it in a particular way. As for booktrunk's method, it's way too tight for that (yes, it was properly fitted). I agree with Clag – the most ridiculous thing ever and quite a challenge even for two people. As someone who's on the small side, I'm not even sure I need such an extreme garment. Apart from the Max Sports Bra, which I like, has anyone found any good alternatives?

I find this one from shock absorber to be good for running. Styled like a normal bra so is easy to get on, I can't do the ones with a top hook either.

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/product/active-classic-support/

• Options
    ClagClag ✭✭✭

Like Caz, I can't get it fastened at the back if I pull it over my head. Stupid bloody thing!

• Options
    senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    On a similar vein to above, I used to have problems with HRM chest strap slippage, would have been fine if my heart was just behind my 7pack!

Why don't they come with shoulder straps like the shockabsorbers described above, or do they now?

ps. threw my HRM stuff away in fit of pique.image
  • Options
    Go CazGo Caz ✭✭✭

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll look into those. I hold my HRM in place by tucking it under my bra. Works pretty well.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    SenidM

Re hrms- don't adidas do compression Tshirts that have a hrm attached? (removeable for washing)
  • Options
    eltonionieltonioni ✭✭✭

I saw a Salomon / Suunto HRM top about a year ago.

• Options
    Can I add - Salomon XA Landers from Field and Trek. I don't normally frequent Sportsdirect and certainly wouldn't buy Karrimor shoes, but as I had a gift card to use up and believing that Salomon were a trusted name (Like Karrimor used to be, in the old days!) I purchased a pair of the above, they felt fine in the shop and fine when I wore them for a little hike over the moors - but run in them - No way, 3k into a parkrun and I was close to taking them off and running the rest in my socks.
    I've never known my feet and calves to hurt so much!

I contacted Salomon "The Salomon XA Lander GTX would be an SMU, a unit manufactured specifically for certain retailers. In this case the XA Lander GTX would be a more accessible version of the XA Pro 3D.

In fact I wonder if they're made by the same people who make the Karrimor shoes and just have a Salomon label slapped on.

Field and Trek just said "Tough Luck" no refund unless they're faulty. I'm gutted I was so gullible.

A spot of internet searching shows that Mike Ashley was buying shares in the parent company of Salomon.
  • Options
    David J 27David J 27 ✭✭✭
    Some near misses .. TrailRoc 245s - upper so flimsy that tore after a few months, NB Puregrits  - lovely and comfy but absolutely no grip on slightly damp rock or wood (hair raisingly scarey).
  • Options
    Asics and Mizuno trainers. Expensive, over structured shoes that I have had plenty of issues with. Paying a high price does not guarantee comfort, durability or quality.
  • Options
    DadAgainDadAgain ✭✭✭
    I have several pairs of adidas shorts. Most are great - my "go to" first choice shorts are adidas. However, I have one pair.... 

...I must NEVER wear on a run longer than 20km...

...EVER again....

They cause nasty chafing in a VERY delicate area. It happened once and I was horrified but curious as to how it could have occured. I assumed there must have been some weird hem/drawstring malfunction that inexplicably escaped my notice until the late stages of a long run..... But it happened again.

Chafe me once - and it may have been my error, chafe me twice and its in the BIN for you!

(No amount of 'bodyglide' or vaseline can defend against the horror of 30+km chafing there!!!) 
  • Options
    I had a pair of new balance with vents in the bottom that let water in.