Options

How do you get a signed medical certificate to run in France

Can anybody help - I have booked to run a half marathon in Disneyland Paris with flights and hotels only to find out that my GP surgery will not sign any certificates for anybody that say you are fit to run in case there is a problem and you sue the surgery.

Does anybody know how I can get another GP to sign and stamp the form even though I am not connected to that surgery??  Totally stuck image

Comments

• Options
    Order rubber stamp and make your own. They don't check. It's a pointless system.

Some docs sign with no hassle. Some charge. Some do a full examination some don't. Without a full ecg it's just basic stuff they can cover.

Have a good race.
  • Options
    M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭

That ^

Although I think I just made up a signature on mine rather than mucking about with a stamp.

• Options
    M.ister W wrote (see)

That ^

Although I think I just made up a signature on mine rather than mucking about with a stamp.

Apparently, some are awfully keen on the rubber stamp, so it might be worth at least making some effort there. Funny, really, given how easy it is to just buy one that says something generic.

• Options

Check the event information, you might find that they have retained the services of a Doctor to do tests.  Is there any sort of exemption if you are a member of an official club?  

Serpies have a pro-forma certificate which is 'no reason why you can't run'.  Will your Doctor sign that? http://www.serpentine.org.uk/pages/advice_health_medcert.html

• Options
    ClagClag ✭✭✭

Previously my GP signed the Paris certificate but recorded on it that it had been 'completed from medical notes with no physical examination of the patient.'

I guess that gets around the comeback as essentially it's saying to this date she's been grand.

• Options

Having this problem right now for the Disney Half. Going into the surgery later to see how much it costs but if it's any more than £25 they can do one and I'll forge it. Bit unsure of the rubber stamping though - what kind of thing do they want? I don't think ordering a stamp from Vista print saying "Hello, yes, I am a doctor" will suffice.

• Options

Given that the person looking at it will be french, a little shrug emoji would probably cover it image

Failing that, try "King Street Surgery" or something? Use your imagination, and feel free to let the stamping be a bit blurry.

That said, a lot of GPs will give you a legit certificate for 30-odd quid for their time, so you might just want to talk to them.

• Options

I am having the exact same problem, I need a signature for Disney half and Paris marathon and my doctors surgery want £140 to do a private full examination before signing it, all my friends are paying no more than £40, it's ridiculous. 

Does anyone know if you can go to another doctors surgery to get this form signed or does it have to be the one you are registered to?

• Options
    M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭

Any doctor who is prepared to sign it will do.  It carries absolutely no legal weight, hence why most of us fake them.

• Options
    SeelaSeela ✭✭✭

Forgery worked for me. Make headed notepaper using logo from your health centre website, stick a NHS logo somewhere, write something saying you fit to run, make up a false name for the doctor. Job done.

• Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭

I was charged £35. Mainly because it had to be a private appointment. Was going to be a full physical but I walked in and my GP said I was fit enough and too my blood pressure to confirm. Took longer to fill in the forms. My GP is great but French is not his strong point!!!