Options

Dublin after Dark

Comments

• Options
    Our pics are up, at

http://www.asiorders.com/view_event.asp?EVENTID=1501

How much is $14.95 anyway? I'm still trying to figure out those €uro thingies!!
  • Options
    there will be wanted pictures all over Dublin now!

Will we be let back in for the Connemara Marathon?

I doubt it!
  • Options
    So the runner with the silly hat changes his/her name, eh?

Not going to fool me!!!
  • Options
    Got the photos kopo thanks. You been busy with the Dublin report then? I thought it was just going to be a report on the events thread.
    You will be looking forward to Lisbon too once you get your legs back.
  • Options
    It's very quiet tonight . . . .

. . . . don't you think?
  • Options
    yeah it is.....but i have been working....AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    oooooohhhhhh all in the darkened rooms then.................AGAIN
  • Options
    Hey you guys, I'm seriously looking at a marathon for this time next year (not Dublin though!) and fancy this one:

Milan Marathon
    29 Nov 2002 - 02 Dec 2002 (don't know date for next years yet)

Milan is a relatively new marathon, in only its third edition, yet it is already established as one of the largest and best
    in Italy.
    And of course, Milan is Italy’s second city and the centre of all that is chic in style and fashion. The shopping, while it is both fantastic and a potential disaster for those without close control of the credit card four weeks before Christmas, is not the whole story. Add in history from around 400BC, through 3rd century Roman occupation then the Renaissance and Baroque, and finally modern urban construction.
    The fine art and stunning architecture are as impressive as that found in Rome, Venice and Florence. The cathedral in Milan is one of the great Renaissance monuments, along with the impressive Maggioure Hospital and Castello Sforzesco, while the earlier Roman and Middleages are represented by the Basilicas of San Lorenzo, Sant’ Ambroglio and Sant’ Eustorgio.

The Event
    The Milan Marathon starts right in the heart of the city at the impressive Castello Sforzesco and then takes three concentric circles of the historic centre, making it easy to spectate. In the last few kilometres you’ll return to pass the castle again before making a small loop past the Duomo and along the famous Via Dante to finish right back at the castle walls.

Any interest? One of the cheap airlines flies to there and you can get pretty reasonable accommodation.

Ciao for now
  • Options
    Rich you're looking good!
  • Options
    sod all that arty farty b******s, do they have a web site for all the pubs as Dublin did-lol
  • Options
    There are no pubs in Italy, just wine bars and coffee shops.
  • Options
    That's me and Legless off the tour then
  • Options
    Can't see me making it either, although of course if Wolfy keeps coming up with those compliments I may well have to reassess the situation!

U 2 Wolfy!!!
  • Options
    They may not have Guiness, a good thing probably, but I am sure we could go and pretend to be sophisticated for a weekend. There are some nice Italian wines, red and white I am sure. That would be Snicks and Wolfy's area of expertise though.
  • Options
    Sarcy, red and white are my two favourite kinds of wine so maybe Italy wouldn't be so bad after all!

Must read Wolfy's proposal - haven't had an opportunity just yet.
  • Options
    And, . . . and . . . Italy'll be full of bloomin' pasta too won't it?

We'll be fallin' over the stuff . . .

I'm leaning towards Italy . .
  • Options

. . is there one in Pisa?
  • Options
    Legless - LOL

Yes there is mate, I just found one, but it's all in foreign!!

And of course, sur le contibl**dynent, we'll have to run 42kms, not 26 miles.

That's gonna stuff up the pacing eh?

Can't we stick to Luton - it's got an airport?
  • Options
    OK Wolfy, I've stayed up really late and read your piece about Milano, very good it is too.

Never been to Italy so should do whilst it's still there.

Make that whilst I'm still here.

Ryanair have plenty of flights to Milan from Luton and Stanstead and in 12 months' time there may be more el cheapo airlines from other parts of the country going there too.

I was going to suggest Rheims in France - it's the weekend before Dublin usually. It has a 10k, half and full marathon and it's where they grow Champagne so there's lots of great booze around. It's driveable from the UK. Trouble with races in France though is that you have to have a medical certificate to say you're fit to run otherwise you don't get a number. Some of us may struggle to achieve this with the amount of blood we have in our alcohol streams.

I've done Rheims once before and enjoyed it altho there are quiet spells along the course. I'd certainly recommend it.

But from my own point of view it'd be great to go somewhere new, so I'd vote Milano. Having said that I'm quite happy to be swayed by the majority view so just let me know where and when!

I realise it's a long way off, but are we going to consider all staying in the same place? Or at the very least, all in the same part of the city?
  • Options
    Planning still further ahead . . . (well there's nothing much else to do when no-one's on here talking to me) . .

October 2004 - Australia - Melbourne Marathon.

I'm doing it coz I'll be 49+1 that year, my brother lives out there - oh you knew that already! - and I'm going to celebrate my birthday by going out there and giving him a whippin'!!!

The fact that he's currently nearly an hour in front of me is neither here nor there. With the help of the Thread's own Personal Fitness Trainer I shall be competitive.

Melbourne's a great place though, and the second half of the course is excellent (don't know the first half) and it finishes in Albert Park where they have the Grand Prix (but not on the same day!!).

And it begins with M just like Milano!! Good enough?

Think about it . . you know you want to go!!
  • Options
    Legless/Sarch/guy with no colour: Italy will be as good as Dublin if not better!!!

We'll be there so could it be any worse????

Roll up Roll up and get your name down for the marathon event of 2003!!!!

A free plate of pasta to the 1st 10 entrants!
  • Options
    now you all have me in a cafuddle!!!!!!!
    Mrs LL has just given me the ok for NY next year......what to do...what to do?????

Options-
    1.NY on my own with out you all
    2.Milan-lots of pasta, lovely red wine, and posss you guys n girls
    3.Rheims- nice place, great cathedral, personally know a very nice little champagne house for a visit/tasting, lovely red wine etc etc.

Rich-Melbourne a no no for me.........
  • Options
    Milan,Milan,Milan,Milan,Milan,Milan,Milan,Milan,Milan,Milan,Milan,Milan,Milan,Milan,Milan,Milan,Milan

PRETTY PLEASE!

ps. would be up for New York too if we could get in but finances might be a bit stretched due to buying new house!
  • Options
    well dont buy the bloody house then, where are your prioities woman???????????
  • Options
    ummm Mr Wolfy defo wouldn't be happy if I didn't buy the bloody house!

Anyway, being a selfless individual I'm only buying a bigger house so that I can accommodate my new running pals when they bother to get off their buts and venture north of watford!

So there!
  • Options
    is there anything north of watford-apart from Anfield of course?????????/
  • Options
    watch it matey! there's ummmm Maine Road!

Oh and Harvey Nicks and Selfridges and Trafford Centre!