Options

London 18th-30th march

Hi.
I will be working in london 18th/30th March. I will be based just off Oxford circus. I am training for the Taunton marathon on 4th April, and as I do not know London I need advice and information on where to run . If I can tag along on anyones training runs that would be great. Any info appreciated

Dorothy

Comments

• Options
    some people run round richmond park on sundays - thats a short ride out of the centre, there's a thread on flm or urwfrc called, surprsingly, sunday runs in richmond park

otherwise lots of people run up and down the embankment, but that seems hard on the knees

hyde park?

do you know any serpies? get them to invite you to their wednesday night runs

are you a member of a gym? there are loads of fitness firsts around there.... or if the worst comes to the worst i can get you a couple of guest passes for holmes place on the strand
  • Options
    Nike organise a weekly paced run from their shop (at Oxford Circus) on tuesday evenings. The closest of the big parks is Regents Park, which is about 3 miles round the outside, and has london zoo in one corner. Adjoining the North of Regents Park is Primrose Hill which is great for Hill Reps, and if you're looking for long runs you can run thru regents park and primrose hill to Hampstead Heath.

Check out the serpentine routes page
    route 8 is regents park with the link over primrose hill to hampstead heath, which is route 6

http://www.serpentine.org.uk/routes/
  • Options
    Is that Primrose Hill where Madness went driving in their car?

I suppose living in London you never run out of varied routes to train on.

In a medium sized town we have 6 or 7 tried and tested winter runs and 8 or 9 summer ones. Everything else is a variation on these main routes.