Options

Tues 10th May

RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
Morning, On way home from seeing this lot at the Albert Hall. Great night, but meant no running. Speedwork planned for later as now on leave for the rest of the week. Also have the dentist later as well. Take care

Comments

• Options

Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Sand In My Shoes by Dido.

Nice to see you RHG.

Hope the ride home was ok chicksta.

Enjoy the time off RFJ.

That seems to have come round quickly Alehouse.

No heat to beat here today Poppy - rain forecast all day and a high of 16C image

What:           more easy miles
    Why:            ultra fast approaching
    Last hard:     fitting everything in this week
    Last rest:      9/1

Lyrics - can't say I do though will probably kick myself as I like the group.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭

Morning. image

RFJ: Hope you enjoyed seeing whichever group/person it was (yeah, 'fraid I won't be getting the lyrics today image ).  Enjoy the speedwork later on, and the dentist if possible. image
    LMH: When's your ultra?  Good luck with the recovery running though, hope the weather perks up. image

What: 3 early morning miles.
    Why: Beat the heat.
    Current Streak: Day 144.
    Lyrics: Nope.

Have a good day. image

Have a good day. image
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning
    RFJ - Good luck at the dentist. and I always thought the line was "our one source of energy" I am now enlightened! Glad you enjoyed it, I'm jealous again, after missing Lush reformed at the Roundhouse at the weekend too...

what - clubnight, but will be steady
    why - keep on keeping on
    last rest - 3weeks+
    last hard - weekend running in the sun

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Sorry about the formatting of the start up this morning, first time I have trierd it from my mobile...

Hillwork (speed) done, 10 x 200m hills (5.25m)

Dentist will not be good, as have a 1 hour appointment to remove the nerves and then prepare for a crown... also expesive

Still steaking Ollie image

How far is the Ultra LMH?

Enjoy the club session Don

Nice to see you back here RHG image

Take care

• Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭

Morning

I know the group but can not place the song.

RFJ: Good luck at Dentist I do not envy you at all I am there tomorrow to have a wisdom tooth removedimage

What: 7 mile walk/5 mile walk later

Why: Inner knee pain which is new to me

Last hard: the above

I went out to run but knee he say no so went straight back out and walked 7 miles average 16.45 pace for a hilly route walking does not affect it!

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Sorry got my Dons and Dustins mixed up, have a good club session Dustin... I've done one half day on leave and Im going to bits already..... image

• Options

What: possibly badminton
    Why: on-call until 6pm (although a glorious day again)
    Last hard: Thursday
    Last rest: Wednesday
    Lyrics: no

Loch Eriboll HM on Monday AH

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

wp and rfj, hope all goes well with the dentist, just booked me in!!

wp that's some miles to walk!

olliepop hope the early 3 miles were good 

lmh echo what others said, when is ultra and how far?

rfj enjoy the speed and the leave!

Hackney half... I did it on Sunday it was sooo hot (hit 27). Anyway the thing about it is it passed all my childhood places and then some, where I lived where I went to school, my chip shop, where my mates lived, pubs I drank in and worked in, you get the picture.  At 3 miles I passed a few runners who said, when will this go down it's been up all the way!!! I almost said, if you think this is hilly... I stopped myself. Anyway up till 6 all was ok, though my right foot started giving me problems, stopped stretched it etc.  I didn't train for this, life got in the way so the plan was seriously just do it enjoy and try to get to spurs on time!! So on about my 3rd stop to stretch the foot, take off the shoe and investigate, I found nothing so I carried on.  Almost instantly I knew it was a blister of some size on the ball of my foot! I could feel it squidging... What to do well nothing but just keep running tbh.  I did get a bit slower with each mile! BUT I did finish and kept myself in good condition (and plenty collapsed) 2.26.  Not at all upset but it's just a shame my foot got a blister.  Think partly heat and friction cause it.

Oh and I got to the game in time which was the reason I just had to keep running!!! 

what: bike 20 miler later maybe

why: don't want to run yet, blister drying out but I didn't pop it so bike if it gets drier!

last hard: sunday

last rest: yesterday - saw QOP as well ouch!

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options

Glad you made it to the game Wabo. Hope the blister sorts itself out quickly. I always pop mine.

Sorry o hear about your knee Poppy but that's a lot of walking!

Ollie - back training now (supposedly anyway) having had two weeks recovery post VLM, ultra is in five weeks in Denmark so time for three weeks training and two weeks tapering, just 35 miles.

Not long to wait now then OH! Envious of your good weather (and Ollie running early to beat the heat), it's winter again here, pouring with rain and cold.

After successfully racing in the Adidas Bostons I'm finding my old faithful Kayanos a little heavy but don't want to go as lightweight as the Bostons for high mileage training. Start Fitness currently have 50% off the Asics Gel DS - anyone have any thoughts about whether this would be a good in between shoe?

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Well battled in the heat Wabo and getting to the game

I see running is in the press lately, with the TOWIE stars sister being caught cheating at VLM (did the last 20k in 48 mins....) Plus the 48 runners DQ'd at Beverley on Sunday for wearing earphones and also as wabo said there were a few collapses at hackney too.

Dentist went ok and numbness has all left, back in two weeks to get full crown fitted.

• Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Wow, wabo - that was some hardcore race. A friend over on the sub 3:30 thread did it too and ended up jogging as the heat took its toll.

Warm and windy here image .

Got home OK last night but my, the wind was a right old killer. I'm tempted to put a little more weight on my foot now and again as it seems to get very, very stiff from being immobile all the time but I guess it's still too early. It's only been 3 and a bit weeks image

Glad the dentist went OK, RFJ.

Hope the knee settles, poppy.

LMH: sorry, can't help with the shoe dilemma but if they're such a bargain it'd be worth a try I reckon.

What: 2 lots of stairs, s&c
    Why: xt
    Last hard: my bike saddle ...
    Last rest: 8/5
    Lyrics: I think so

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon, and a very wet one at that, although the morning was largely dry.

Sounds like you enjoyed 'Ackney, Wabo. Not sure that going to Spurs was a good move, though! Hope they win the last game! Still on Cloud Nine, or higher, here!

LMH: Asics Gel DS Trainer would be a good bet as an intermediate shoe, but not the Gel DS Racers, which are similar to the Bostons. Also wasn't sure what you meant by "That seems to have come around quickly, Alehouse"!! 

What: half an hour or so later, with a few quicker stretches, or pushing harder on inclines.

Why: Tuesday. Then a few gentle days.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options

Your operation Alehouse. Thanks for the shoe advice, will go and have a look which are on offer.

chicksta - hope you have some good cycle shorts - makes the world of difference. I'm very wary of changing shoe in case I get injured, it's taken me years to run in anything other than the Kayanos.

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Ahh, my op! Yes does seem to suddenly be getting nearer, LMH! Re shoes, once I moved to a lighter model I never really got on with the Kayanos. GT 2000 may be another option, or the Noosa...if you can stand the colours!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

What: 6k, picking up the pace a little when I felt like it.

Why: my idea of fartlek!