Options

achilles advice

Hi Guys,

I did have a quick scan through the first few pages to see if this had been covered anywhere.

So from about January i've had nagging achilles pain and have been through several cycles of rest/treatment before a failed return. This included having physio back in March, which culmulated in me attempting to return gradually in April. Now i'll admit i fell into the trap of trying to do to much to soon, so took the decision to take another three weeks off. I sohuld also say that upon advice from the osteopath i've begun wearing insoles about a month ago from now, whislt i've also been doing pillates for a good three/four months now.

Anyhow i did my first run on Sunday, which was a steady 2 miles at around two minutes slower per mile than i'd normally run. I've had no pain walking since or soreness getting out of bed other than very mild stiffness, although i should say that's not really been an issue throughout my injury. Where i do have discomfort though is when i press down on my achilles, which has been consistent throughout my injury.

What i'm trying to figure is whether this pain when pressing the achilles means i need to keep holding off on the running or am i ok to keep tentatively working my way back in - the plan is to build back in very gradually.

Please help, i don't want to balls the recovery up yet further.

Thanks in advance.