Options

You pay to do the race

I've never seen this before. The Wasing Park 10K next Sunday will be charging a quid to get into the place to do the race that we've already paid for. Unless I'm missing something, if I drive there I can park for free but if I cycle or walk I pay a fee. Seems a bit cheeky.

Prices:

Car Parking: Free

Entry to Wasing Park: £1 (for runners only)

Super Hero 1km Dash: £2.50

5km Fun Run: £10.00

5km Corporate Challenge Cup: £10.00 

10km Race: £15.00

http://www.knights4charity.org/#!wasing-park-run/cvml

Comments

• Options
    Shurely Shome Mishtake ??

Although do Alton Towers still charge you to park when you have to pay lashings of ?????? to actually get into the park ? that's taking the pee too.
  • Options

This reminds me of the time I flew from Stansted and they offered a pound off the £10 parking if you paid in advance online. When you got to the end, they charged you a pound handling fee, thus cancelling out what you'd allegedly saved. You couldn't make it up!

• Options

Ive had to pay for parking on top of entry fees.  Anything from £1 to £5.

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

I did a 10k recently where there was a £1 parking charge, but it was donated 50/50 to the charity that ran the place and another local charity.  Usually if there's an event held on say, a National Trust property, entry for runners is free (on the basis that you will probably spend money in the cafe/shop and bring some family with you).

Is there normally a charge to get in to the park?

• Options

Having to pay for parking at some events is expected depending on the location.

Seems an odd decision here though, they could have added the £1 park entry fee to the race entry and made it all much simpler. 

But it does look to me like you just get a good discount, but any supports you take a long will have to cough up £5 to watch you!

Prices:

Car Parking: Free

Adult entry to Wasing Park: £5

Concessions: £2 

Child entry 12 and under: Free

Please note that adults entering the 5/10km Fun Run will receive discounted entry into Wasing Park for £1