Options

New Mature Runners Thread

Comments

• Options
    I can imagine many events were cancelled today but we got away with it on the south coast (indeed, glorious windless sunshine - but we'll cop some gales later). Parkrun in 21:20 which is my 'bog standard' current time (i.e. am on a  plateau). However, position-wise was very pleased to win my category and even more pleased to come 2nd of all the over 50s of whom there were quite a few.

40th wedding anniversary tomorrow! Happy birthday to TS.

TS, Mel and Redhead all anticipating your upcoming events. Nice feeling. Nothing booked in for me - just a pretty full Xmas/New Year park
    run diary if I can stay free of injury - will then review in the New Year and, like TS, one year older!

Happy running to all!
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

OUCH! That's what my whole body screamed at me this morning as I headed out for my run. The HIT session has certainly hit me. I shall go back for more though as I'm sure it will strengthen me in places requiring a bit more strength ;-)

JB6 Happy 40th anniversary - is that ruby? Another good time for your parkrun and well done on your age category win.

TE, that sounds like a good plan for 2018. I remember exactly how hilly the IOW is from when I did that stunt as the stoker on the back of a tandem!
  • Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭
    Red - must admit, my last visit to BotW was years ago so it will be nice to be back there along with some running club mates. Shame the weather wasn't okay for your planned 10ml run. I've never tried a HIIT session but I did buy the Michael Moseley book as it sounded interesting. Good luck with all that training you have coming up between now and March.

HS - see below for the latest about my new laptop and external dvd writer. I agree we're wasting our time reporting spammers to RW Towers - it's a shame we can't block them so we don't have to see their drivel. Sounds like you were an 'extra' in the dancing video then - a lucky escape sir! Well done for managing to get yourself a place in the evening spin session now your daytime session has been axed.

JB - last time I went to see my Mum she explained she had made a will, told me I'm named as the executor and then took me upstairs to show me the folder where she has filed all the financial etc. information I will need. It made me think I should put something similar together to make life easier for whenever it is needed by anyone dealing with my affairs. Happy Anniversary btw - my partner Margaret and I recently celebrated 15 years of being 'an item'.

I went out earlier and did 4.6mls. I was feeling good as I was running around and for the first time since I started running regularly, all my mile splits were 10-something (one or more has always been 11-something up to now). Now to see if I can carry on improving and pop the odd 9-something mile in the stats.

I was hoping to be able to collect my new laptop on Thu but the expected 'come and get it' email didn't arrive. So earlier on I followed a link in my order confirmation email which took me to the DPD website where I saw my package had been signed for. So all excited I jumped in the car and headed over to PC World. I've just got back from there where the assistant pointed out it had been signed for in Gloucester but hadn't made it to the Cheltenham store yet. Patient .. must learn to be patient ;) On the plus side, I came back home with the same external dvd drive I was planning to buy at Argos.
  • Options
    Morning all, hope you're all safe and warm. I'm being sensible and staying indoors as we have galeforce winds and torrential rain. Got blown over going out to feed Esther plus we have a tree down across one of the fences (thankfully no sheep in there atm) so lots to do as soon as we can get out there safely.

WtnMel, thanks for the good luck wishes. The Michael Moseley book is very good and I've been incorporating short bursts of running into my general plods. The session I did the other day was based on different 'stations' at which you did the required exercise for 1 minute and then moved to the next (eg press-ups, lifts, squats, walking lunges). I think there were 8 different things and after the first round we had to run up and down a short incline 3 times and then repeat the whole lot again. It sounds easy but I'm still feeling it in my quads today!

JB6, I shall expect you to have a go at one of the wonderful trail marathons down your way next year ;-)

Mr Fox, I have a message for you. "If you'd been shoved in a box with assorted Xmas decoration for decades then your antennae would be in a twist too! Love from silver butterfly". Btw, I haven't had any joy tracing your old adversary yet. I asked the club membership secretary and she referred me on to the former President who still hasn't got back to me. Sorry xxx

TE, hope you aren't out running in the forest in this weather!
  • Options
    Morning all,

It's wet and windy, but the rain is forecast to clear up later.

JB, congratulations for your 40th wedding anniversary today. Will you be celebrating the occasion? Thanks for my "happy birthday." I'm looking forward to my first race, which should show an improved WAVA, but not likely, as pace will still be slow. Well done for another excellent parkrun, and if you maintain the same standard, will probably get into the 80% WAVA category.

Red, I'm not surprised that you are feeling the after effects of your HIT session. Karen does them regularly, and still aches afterwards. You will, however, definitely feel the benefits, as they will strengthen your core, which will be essential to see you through next years very tough season.
    I remember you mentioning your tandem ride round the IoW a few years ago, and knitting a scarf at the same time, if I remember rightly  :o

WtnMel, My parents had both left Wills, and I took out Powers of Attorney for them both, which enabled my sister and I to mange their financial affairs etc when they were no longer able to. 
    Pleased to see that your pace is improving, as is mine also. I ran 4 miles in the forest yesterday morning, at an average pace of 11.17. that is my fastest since my injury at the end of June. My 4th mile was the quickest at 10.47.
    Hope you get your new laptop soon. I've taken your advice to download Garmin Connect Express, and connect my Garmin to the laptop with the USB cable. This connects the detail to Garmin Connect and Strava instantly.

Watching European Cross Country on the red button.
  • Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Red - I'm mostly staying indoors at the moment. No gale-force winds here - just snow. We walked to our local Tesco yesterday for some milk. I was slipping and sliding and had to be careful not to fall over as I was carrying a 1ltr bottle of Baileys back home (on offer for £12 - 750ml was £15). We walked to Tesco again today but I used my walking poles this time - felt much safer. I occasionally incorporate faster bursts of speed into my runs but usually find I'm running slower later on as a result. Once I've been running regularly for a bit longer I'm hoping to incorporate some hill work too.

HS - still no sign of my laptop making it's way from Gloucester (where it's been delivered by DPD) to the Cheltenham store. I remember the website specifying up to 5 (presumably working) days for delivery. If there's no sign of it by Wed this week I'll get in touch with them for an update. Re Garmin Connect - if you haven't already done so, you should be able to set it up to automatically update Fetcheveryone as well as Strava. I've recorded the cross-country (it was on at midnight yesterday on BBC2) so I have that to look forward to.

I was debating whether to go into my garage and have a run on my treadmill. As it would be cold out there I thought maybe I could turn on my sauna and warm up in there afterwards :-) However, I did the sensible thing instead and did some cross-training by clearing snow off our drive - soon warmed up doing that instead and earned some brownie points in the process ;)
  • Options
    Morning all,

WtnMel, we haven't had any snow in the New Forest region, but it's very cold. It rained heavily all day yesterday, and was so cold that I didn't go for my planned Monday run. It's minus 3 this morning and I will walk to Tesco to see whether the ground is icy. If so, I won't run. It's not worth risking a fall, and incurring additional injuries.
    I haven't bothered connecting my Garmin to link with fetch, as I prefer inputting data manually there.
  • Options
    Morning all,

Lovely sunny day here but very frosty and too slippery to venture out for a run on our untreated lanes. Not in the right frame of mind for the treadmill so might try a short xc run later. It was -6 here first thing. Brrrrrr!

WtnMel, sensible to stay inside when conditions underfoot are treacherous. Not worth risking a fall.

TE, take care on your walk.
  • Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone,

HS - the snow here is beginning to thaw and we're expecting rain tomorrow which will get rid of whatever remains. Definitely a good idea to try a walk first to check conditions underfoot. Fair comment re Garmin Connect vs Fetch .. personally I'm happy to let the updates happen automatically then go in and edit the new running log entry.

Red - not sure how cold it got here (Gloucs) overnight (possibly -6) but as I mentioned to HS, it seems to have crept above freezing now. 

I don't think our paths will be clear just yet so I'm planning to run on my treadmill this afternoon.

I was going to phone PC World customer services to get an update on my laptop but I checked online and can see my order now says 'Dispatched to store' so I'm expecting an email later to tell me it's ready for collection.

One other laptop-related thing to mention. Couldn't work out why my laptop's hard-drive had so little space after I copied my music across to the external hard-drive. But then yesterday I discovered a setting in iTunes saying 'make a copy of the file when importing music' and it was adding the files to my hard-drive. I've changed that setting and as a result freed up oodles of space :) 
  • Options
    The winter has arrived! I don't need much of an excuse to hide away at this time of year. As for the idea of an ultra...............!

Can't summon up much enthusiasm right now.  Suddenly the idea of an investment in a treadmill as per Redhead and Mel seems quite attractive.

Very quiet 40th anniversary for us - we took the grandchildren on a 'Santa' themed miniature railway - the two older ones were terrified and the baby was crying. But we enjoyed it!

No news of Mok's marathon result as yet?
  • Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭
    JB - as I mentioned yesterday, I've been staying indoors most of the time since it snowed. I was extremely lucky re my treadmill. My friend Joan bought it but complained she used to get neck-ache after using it (I never did find out why - maybe she was looking at the display too much?) Anyway, long story short - it fell into disuse and because she used to come round for a sauna regularly she gave me the treadmill for free! She wouldn't hear of me paying for it and claimed I'd saved her £££ because she didn't have to pay to join a health club/leisure centre to use the sauna there.

Speaking of which - I ran 4mls on my treadmill this afternoon. I know running on a treadmill is easier than outside (I didn't set it to have any incline). I'm usually a 10:50-11:10mm runner but was surprised to see the resulting splits (11.08 10.42 10.30 10.04).

The snow didn't thaw as much as I was expecting today but I think we're going to get rain tomorrow. I'm also hoping by tomorrow my laptop will have got to Cheltenham and I can get my grubby mitts on it ;)

• Options
    Morning all,

It's wet and windy here and really dreary. Won't be able to go for a run until later.

JB6, lol at you enjoying the trip more than the little 'uns, bless them!

WtnMel, we bought our treddy when I was caring for mum and only just starting out on my running journey. It allowed me to have her with me so I could keep an eye on her (she wandered). I always set the treddy at an incline of 1.5% as I was told that mimics the resistance you get when runinng on tarmac. I used to enjoy doing hill reps on the treddy too but haven't bothered with that for a while. Hope your laptop arrives today.
  • Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭
    Red - when I saw my mile splits I realised I'd forgotten to set any incline and made the run easier than it could have been (it has been a while since I used it!). My treadmill goes up to 10% incline so I really should make more use of it for hill work and intervals. I checked the PC World website a little while ago - it's still showing 'dispatched to store' and I've not had any email yet telling me it's ready to collect ..
  • Options
    hillstriderhillstrider ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Morning all,

I seem to have got a bit behind with my posting, so will try to catch up.

Red, I didn't slip up during my walk on the icy pavements, but I walked very carefully.
    Reference your mention of doing "hill reps" on your treddy, I think that you must do more than enough hill work during your numerous marathons and ultras!

WtnMel, hope you soon receive that e mail informing you that your laptop is ready for collection.
    I've probably mentioned before that I can't get on with treadmills. I've tried several times in the past, but have now given up. I was in the gym yesterday morning after my spin session, and there were several runners using the treadmills, working really hard. Conditions outside were perfect for running, so I thought to myself " why aren't they running outside in the forest, or even on the roads." Perhaps they are nursing injuries, otherwise I can't think why they are running indoors.

JB, sounds good, the "Santa" themed miniature railway. Typical adults enjoying the rides more than the children :)

Had a good spin session yesterday morning which was mainly long hills, and hill sprints. I'm still not standing up on the pedals, and enjoy the challenge of remaining seated. I had a good work out in the gym afterwards, mainly upper body work, finishing up on the cross trainer.
    My bargain offer 6 weeks membership expires on Sunday, so I am going to rejoin taking up the Senior Direct Membership for 65+ for 12 weeks.
    I've got an appointment with the Hygienist at 11.00, but shouldn't have to pay, as I've taken out a Dental Plan which I pay into monthly by direct debit.
    I've another spin session this evening at 6pm.

• Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

HS - happy to say I now have my new laptop. Collected it yesterday, switched it on, did the initial setup and it immediately started downloading a 3Gb Win10 update. I left it doing it's own thing overnight  - it must have eventually finished in the early hours as it had switched itself off when I checked this morning. The long process of installing MS Office + numerous other programs and transferring my files, photos and music now begins (sigh..). I remember you saying you don't get on with treadmills. I do, but even after all this time I still manage to bash my hand on the arms at the front from time to time - you would think I would have learnt by now. I think you're doing very well to remain seated during your spin sessions - and well done for rejoining after your 'bargain' 6 week membership period.

I've been for a club run this morning. We did 5mls and our usual leader Claire was unwell so Virginia took over leader duties. Virginia is an inspiration - she started running at 70, ran the London Marathon and has recently (at 77yrs of age) completed the Abbot World Marathon Majors (has competed in and completed London, Boston, Berlin, Chicago, Tokyo & New York). We did a different route than usual and at around halfway she took us to a park where we did 2-3 intervals before continuing with our run.

*waves* to everyone else
  • Options
    Morning all,

Heavy rain and strong wind earlier, but seems to have brightened up a bit now.

WtnMel, good news that you have got your new laptop at last. Good luck with transferring all the data etc onto it. I have a maintenance contract with a local computer expert, and he does all the transfers etc when I change laptops. He does monthly health checks, but I don't bother with those as I keep everything up to date. I only use him when "things go wrong." The contract covers all his labour and call outs, and would only charge for necessary hardware. Luckily, I haven't needed any hardware to pay for.
    Good that you are still running with your club, and great admiration for Virginia's accomplishments.

Had another good spin session last night, with lots of "hill work," and "hill sprints." My endurance from running is standing me in good stead, as I am able to maintain my effort for the duration of the sprints. With the shorter sprints with short recoveries, we set the controls to measure how far we have "travelled" and attempt to go further each time. 
    Was going to go for a short run today, but as I have "spun" two days in a row, thought I should have a rest day.
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

Bit wet and windy here but still managed 5 mile run plus my HIT session which was brutal today. I have now discovered I can't do Burpees 'cos they cause great pain to my hands and wrists and I can't say I'm sorry as they are really hard!

Nice spinning TE - hope you're not going over to triathlons ;-)

WtnMel, glad to hear your lappy has arrived at last.
  • Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭
    HS - doing all the software installs & data transfers to the new laptop is just one of those things I have to 'make' myself do .. boring but necessary. The sooner it's done the sooner I can pension off my slow old desktop (which for a while has been demoted to a 'beneath the desk' desktop) :wink: I've never bothered to sign up for any support contract as up to now I've always been able to figure out what to do (or have searched online and found someone else has already had the same problem and posted details of how to fix it). Well done re your latest spin session - sounds like a tough session with all that hill work & hill sprints.

Red - yep, burpees are hard work (says he who hasn't tried to do any for at least 5 years!).

*waves* to anyone else who pops along here :smile:
  • Options
    Morning all,

Cold and frosty, but intending to go for a run later.

Red, those HIT sessions are similar to what we did when I was with Team Solent in circuit training. I remember the burpees, star jumps, press ups, sit ups, planks, shuttle sprints, walking lunges, hopping etc. Very tough, and we used to jog to each new activity. Good luck with  them, but not advisable before races of any distance. I can remember running cross country on Saturdays, with legs screaming after Thursdays circuit training. I was in my early forties then, and wouldn't fancy it now.
    I believe that you have double ultras again this weekend, so best of luck with them.
    I'm not intending to do triathlons, but am thinking about starting swimming again. If the roads weren't so dangerous, I would certainly think about cycling again, because when I was younger, I did a lot of cycling, and even cycled to work when I was living and working in Liverpool.

WtnMel, do you listen to music through head phones, whilst doing the boring work of transferring data from one computer to another?
    I have revived my ancient shuffle ipod which I thought "had had it," and might wear it this morning for my run to take my mind of the knee. The spin work has helped so much, especially doing it two days in a row. It has kept my inspiration going. I watched the short video of this years Southampton Marathon which I ran in April, this morning, which has made me determined to be fit to run it again. It will be run in the opposite direction next year, so should be a faster route, which doesn't mean that I will be any faster unfortunately.

Alice is running in the Portsmouth Coastal Marathon again on Sunday, which involves some running on the stones on the beach, and the slower runners on the return, running knee deep in the sea. Not for the faint hearted.
  • Options
    Evening all,

Been busy cooking and baking all day - baking for someone's 100th marathon celebrations tomorrow (vegan chocolate orange cakes) plus my usual banana cake and for for home-alone-husband and me upon my return. Phew!

No running today Terry, just an ultra tomorrow and it looks as if I may get a tad wet and blown around  :s Hope Alice gets a good time and doesn't have to paddle. You will run it next year and be magnificent too.

Re the burpees, i won't be doing them again as the impact hurts my arthritic old wrists too much. I'm sure the Coach will find somethign equally tough for me instead.

Where's Moks got to with his race report? Possibly still in Lanza?

Have a lovely weekend everyone.
  • Options
    Hi all
    Been a bit pre-occupied of late so apologies for no keeping up (a bit like a training run!). Any running I've done has been rather reluctant and short but I dragged myself out today for a slippery prom parkrun. I rather wish I hadn't as I was beaten on my home patch and did a slower time than of late: 21:37. Worse still, I sustained a calf pull about 400m from the finish (I'd still have been beaten). The timing could hardly have been worse as I was planning about 7 runs over Xmas, my birthday and the New Year.
    I used to get this regularly but have been free of it for a while so at least I know the score. But I might have to look for some other exercise to keep me ticking over. Rest assured (RH) burpees will not feature! 
    Perhaps I'll get back for the New Year . We'll see. I've had a very good run this year so I can't complain especially given what poor HS has gone through.

• Options
    hillstriderhillstrider ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Red, hope your ultra went well today.
    Alice didn't do the Coastal Marathon after all, as her husband, who had also entered was injured, and she didn't want to go on her own. I would have taken his place if I had enough mileage in my legs. As it turned out, the race was extended to 27 miles, as it was a high tide.

JB, sorry to hear that your calf problem has returned. A rest over the Christmas Period will probably help it to clear up. Suggest you try spinning, its worked for me.

Had my quickest run yesterday since my injury. It was a 5 mile forest run, which I ran in 55.08, an average pace of 10.58. First run under 11 minute pace. My 5th mile was 9.59, so my pace is returning. I'm running with the two Sarah's tomorrow morning, so hope to run 9 or 10 miles in the forest, but at a slower pace. My mileage to date is 987, so with tomorrows run will take me very close to the 1,000.
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

What a glorious day it is, all sunny and bright. I want to play out but I've got too many indoor chores to catch up with! yestreday was great fun, despite the weather which started with freezing fog for my journey down there, bright sunshine for a couple of hours and then torrential rain and a horrid headwind for the next 4 hours! Clocked another 50k (31.1miles) and got to test out my ridiculously expensive new rainproof jacket (required kit for most long distance ultra events) which cretainly proved its worth. Finished in 6:20 and very pleased with that as Iost some time going back to my car for the jacket when the sky went black. Last event of the year is next Saturday for the Dymchurch marathon which may involve high tide and/or strong gusting winds. Bring it on! :-D

JB6, oh poor you. Rest up and let it heal over the festive period then come back stronger.

TE, yay, you're definitely on the way back. From what I hear Alice was wise to cancel as people complained about trudging through stinky mud on the beach! My mileage is just under 2000 atm and I don't think I'll get over it this year.

Where's Moks with his race report?
  • Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Afternoon all,

HS - I've got my old laptop rigged up with a speaker system designed for pc's (a bass woofer under the desk; two small treble speakers behind the monitor) so I listen to my music through that. BTW, sorting through my music in iTunes on the old laptop (some of which seems to have gone missing) is another thing on the "get these laptops sorted" hit-list. Re that coastal marathon - I've heard of incentives but avoiding running knee deep in the sea is a new one on me.

Red - Mrs Wm is being very industrious at the moment .. making jam whilst cooking xmas puddings. The xmas puddings included some Guinness to give them a bit of 'body' so I 'helped' by dealing with the leftovers! :)

JB - sorry to read about the calf pull. As regular readers know ( :)  ) I've suffered calf cramps on the three occasions I've tried to run the Bath Half despite not having any problems during my training.

I didn't know what my mileage was this year, but with hardly any running between April and July, wasn't at all surprised to see I've only done 259mls - I don't think I've had such a rubbish year for ages :( 

Margaret and I went for a walk in Pittville Park yesterday but it was raining so hard (and my waterproofing wasn't working properly) we decided to cut the walk short and headed back home. In the park it appeared to be "take your extremely small dog for a walk" day as there was a huge crowd of people trailing various very small dogs around (or in some cases carrying them around).

Hoping to get out after lunch and do another 4-5mls around town then I really must get on wrapping my presents before any of them get discovered ;) 
  • Options
    Morning all,

Another spam post above. It really is pathetic the way this so called secure web allows such trash to be posted. At one time we had moderators on here that would regularly remove it, but RW Towers just doesn't seem to care.

Red, very well done for another excellent ultra. I'm not surprised that you are fast approaching 2,000 miles. Good luck with Saturdays marathon.

WtnMel, your sound system sounds very comprehensive to me.
    I find that small dogs encountered during my forest runs, are often more aggressive than large ones.

I had a very enjoyable muddy forest run yesterday morning with the two Sarah's. We ran 9.25 miles, bringing my yearly mileage up to 995. Not bad considering I didn't run for 5 months :)
    Having a rest day today, as muscles aching, as expected, but knee "is behaving well!"
  • Options
    What is 'mature'? Over 50? Over 60? If over 50, then I count. Trying and failing to fit in two runs a week, damn ice and too much work is getting in the way. I'm afraid of falling and breaking things at this age (did it last year on roller skates, shattered my wrist/arm, 3 months in plaster).
  • Options
    Welcome mrcharly  As an over 50 I reckon you'll fit perfectly well into this Forum, far better than me for as an over 85 I feel I should be in a Forum for those who've long since retired from all that racing and training stuff! 
    During recent nasty spells of weather I can understand your reluctance to get out and run.  Up here in the frozen north last week was a shocker for black ice and there were days when I hardly dare move out the house.  But there were a couple of mornings when I forced myself to make the effort and after days of confinement they were doubly enjoyable, giving me a smug sense of satisfaction.  So take note and good luck.  You can do it!
    https://oldrunningfox.blogspot.co.uk
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

Another glorious day here, all frosty and bright and sparkly with the sun shining! Haven't managed a run yet as been busy cleaning windows and oring housework type stuff but will be out very soon.

Welcome mrcharly. I doubt I'll ever be 'mature' even though I turned 60 this year. If you're just starting out running then please take it nice and slowly and don't try to do too much too soon. There's a wealth of knowledge on here so do please ask if you need any advice as our speedy boys are excellent role models (go and check out Mr Fox's linky as he's a shining example of excellence as is our very own hillstrider).

WtnMel, I admire your support duties in assisting Margaret with the leftovers! Hope your run went well.

TE, an excellent confidence booster for you. You are definitely on the way back.
  • Options
    Hi all .back in Brittany after a very cold Cardiff, but a very warm Lanzarote.
    Well The marathon did not go as expected, legs felt great at the start, the only time they did  ! After 10k felt if something was wrong, at half way in 1.53, I still felt I could pull that back for my 3.40 /45 target, but within the next mile , I slowed down and from then on walked most of the time. Had a chat with an Irish runner who was in a worse state than me, but he said he had just come out of a pub having drank a few beers mid race. At 32 K in 3.03 mins.  Heard my name being called by 2 ladies from Cardiff, so I sat and chatted with them, hence my 45 min for the next 5k then finished with a reluctant last 5k run of an agonising 33 mins. So my time ( second worse time ) of 4.21 mins . Six hours later very drunk with some great friends, so the day ended well.  
  • Options
    Evening all (I sound like Dixon of Dock Green!)
    I haven’t been able to get on here for a while due to moving house 10 days ago (nightmare) and losing an internet connection due to moving to a new build with no phone line. Now have BT standard broadband (had their super fast fibre previously and Virgin’s cable prior to that so finding the standard broadband really slow). In addition just before moving I installed an IOS update on my MacBook after which my Hotmail account kept asking for my password but, although correct, kept saying it was incorrect. I haven’t been able to sort it out yet so reduced to accessing emails on my iPhone. 
    I’ll read back over everyone’s posts asap, really busy just now trying to update all the relevant organisations with our new address, plus my aunt has had another fall and is back in hospital. No time for running just now unfortunately, although I will try to get out tomorrow (been saying that for days!) weather and commitments permitting. Hope everyone is well, injury free and enjoying their running.