Options

Sciatica

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any fool proof ways to get through training with sciatica? Does the impact of the running stride have any negative effect on this?

Also, if its a core strength thing, can anyone please recommend some drills?

Thanks,

Doug.

Comments

• Options
    HA77HA77 ✭✭✭

Nerve pain can be a pretty complex problem and there can be causes that are very different. You need to see a your GP and a good physio.

• Options

I had sciatica issues probably as a result of a fall and then further training on a misaligned pelvis. My physio recommended a few exercises from McKenzie, exercises to develop the neutral spine position and hamstring curls.

Your mileage may vary and you will want to get a diagnosis and opinion from a proper physio, as HA77 says. But if you want some reassurance that such problems can be overcome in the short term (3 months -ish), this route worked for me and I've had no more issues *touches wood*.

• Options
    Have you tried stretches. I use one where you lay flat on your back. Bend the injured leg with foot flat on floor. About 90 degrees for the knee bend. Then pull the knee over the good leg. You will feel the stretch in the bad hip.