Options

Tuesday 21st February 2017 - To be loving when the knives are out

Morning.

Lyrics - To be loving when the knives are out

Sounds like a nice mix of family time and training Dustin. I hope you're right about the time out.

What:             physio
Why:              I need help
Last hard:      not being able to run
Last rest:       21/2
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options

Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were, "Bridge over Troubled Water", Simon and Garfunkel. The residents of Tadcaster have their bridge back and no longer have to travel nine miles to cross the river.

Lyrics: no

What: short and easy

Why: being careful

Hope physio has positive news, LMH!

Anyone running the National Cross Country?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning.  Popping in, but might only be now and then...

Hope the physio helps, LMH!  I'm not sure what you've done as haven't been on RW for ages.  I did read something about a car though?

alehouse - no to XC here.  Are you injured?

What: 15 miles
    Why: marathon training
    Last hard: Sunday's long run with 10 easy, 10 marathon effort.  Unfortunately the marathon effort didn't come out at the pace I would like to have seen.  Finding marathon training these days is far harder than before injury.  Body takes ages to recover from each run...
    Last rest: 15/2

• Options
    Morning again!  Good to see you Hilly! No, not injured...just a few steps away as always! Plus not well! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Nice to see you here Hilly. I was knocked over by a car whilst out running on Wednesday.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lmh hope you get on at the physio, bless ya its such bad luck x
    Hi Hilly, hope you're doing ok!
    dustin my boss has just come back from center parcs, he had a birthday weekend - sounds like you got the most out of it!
    alehouse enjoy the short and easy, I'm not going to the nationals, too far.  I'm opting for 6 laps of the velo park oo er!!
    what: 1.5 easy but tired miles this morning
    why: streak
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/2
    have a great day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    Hilly - good to see you, Bramley for the 20?
    Ale - yes, although I think Wollaton will be a bit less muddy than last time
    what - club night , supposed to be 800s (or 1ks, not sure which) but legs a bit jaded from the weekend
    why - marathon
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - alarm at 5 again...

• Options

Morning
    LMH: I hope physio helps with all the bumps and bruises

Hilly: Nice to see you pop in are you on half term?

Dustin: That sounds a lovely break some training and family moments as well:-)

Wabo:Good going on the mile and a half especially is you are tired.

What: 6.2 miles
    Why: because I can
    Last hard: Uphill this morning had me wretching so infection not gone as yet.
    Lyrics: Yes

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

LMH...hope it's a better day and good news. Stay careful Ale. Hello Hilly. Dustin, have you heard of rest days? Always amazed. :-) WP...be careful.
    Lyrics: Not today
    What:Shade over 4 with my son
    Why: Workmates both broken (Again)
    Last hard: Finding someone to run with today
    Last Rest: Friday
    Surprise last night as received letter to see surgeon re Op1 earlier than expected or wanted! Ho humm, que sera.

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    Sorry I've been AWOL, the trip to Germany took it out of me rather and I have come back full of German Germs :(

LMH I need to read back, but this doesn't sound good.  I hope the physio has good news...

I've been nursing a cold since I got back, but managed 5 km on Friday and 8 km with 5x800 m last night.  Was taking it easy, but my times said otherwise, was pleased :)  Just wish I could get rid of the feeling that my head is full of cotton wool.

Straycelt good news re the earlier op date.
    Hilly long time no see!  Hello!

Will go and read back...
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    LMH that doesn't sound nice.  Did the driver stop?  I really hope the physio has good news for you.
    Wabo great coming 1st in age group whilst taking it easy :)  I like that idea!
  • Options
    Yes he stopped and called the ambulance emzap. Hope you're better soon.

You could always delay it if it doesn't suit SC?

Physio said she hoped I could be back running normally in another week:-(
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Gosh LMH, not good.  Hope the driver did stop and no serious injury has occurred!  I guess you were hoping to do London?  What's your outlook now?

alehouse, glad it's not injury.  I can relate to the not far off, as I think I mentioned last time we saw you.  I've just got over a 2 week bout of lurgy, which I could have done without in the middle of marathon training. Lucky if marathon training goes to plan though!

Hi Wabo, I'm doing okay, thanks!  Is the velo cycling at the Olympic Park?

Hi Dustin, not this year.  I've decided not to do a 20 race in the build up.  We did enter Tarpley 20, which is this Sunday, but have decided not to do it. 

WP, yes half term, hence a bit more time on my hands for popping into RW. :-)  I'm studying again too, so time is a bit limited these days.  Plus took on new responsibilities in September, which has really been quite tough.  Hopefully I'm not more settled in the role and it won't leave me feeling so washed out!  Hope your infection soon shifts!

Hi Straycelt, must be nice to be able to run with your son!   How old is he?

Hi emzap, colds are the pits!  I so hate that blocked nose feeling... Well done on getting out there still, especially doing some 800s.  Mind you probably the best way to clear the head! :-)

I did my 15 miles today at Ladybower Reservoir, Derbyshire for anyone who knows the area.  If you don't it's the most wonderful scenery.  The run itself is on good trail/tarmac around the dam and is exactly 15 miles.  All the way around you're surrounded by wonderful fells, little brooks and waterfalls.   I have to admit to struggling a bit though as I'm suffering with sciatica at present.  Hopefully a bit of track tomorrow night, my first in years, will sort it... ;-)
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Just looking around the new forum design and realised I've been a member for 15 years... time stands still for no one... :-)
  • Options
    Lyrics: no
    What: possibly Badminton later (just finishing up at work)
    Why: Tuesday
    Last Hard: yesterday
    Last rest: 12 February

Would love to run around Ladybower, Hilly.
    Peak District was playground of my youth, sadly long passed.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    AOH - it is certainly a very attractive venue for running, walking and cycling.  I understand missing areas that you once frequented.  I too miss other areas of the country even with this beautiful area only a short drive away. :)
  • Options
    Hey all. :)

LMH: Hope the physio appointment proved helpful, fingers crossed you're back up and running in a week's time.
    AH: Hope you enjoyed the short 'n' easy today.
    Hilly: Sounds like a nice, scenic 15 miles today.  Enjoy the track session tomorrow.
    Wabo: Great job keeping the streak up, well done.
    Dustin: Enjoy the club night session today.
    WP: Good going on the 6.2 miles today, nice to get 10k in the bag.
    SC: Hope you had a good run with your son this morning; may have to bring in Bob the Builder to fix your workmates.
    Emzap: Sounds like a good few days of training.  Though if you've brought the germs back from Germany, will that mean it's now just called 'Any'?
    OH: Have fun at badminton tonight, enjoy.

Bought myself a new bag today, with the intention of putting my work clothes/lunch in it, then taking the long way round via a ~10 mile route (as opposed to 1km distance walk) to work in the mornings.

What: Today was just a couple of miles.
    Why: Managed to fit it in this morning.
    Current Streak: Day 431.
    Lyrics: Nope.
    Have a good day. image
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Hi Hilly :-) stillpushing the miles out and the track sessions, well done

all so busy here, we Exchanged at 1700 last night and move on 09th... ALL CHANGE - Swindon here we come.... but first have a half in Cyprus a week Sunday.

3,25m easy last night, then 5.75m tonight with 10 x .2m off ,2m recovery (it was hard....)

Take care