Options

Tuesday 28th February 2017 - No not this confused again

Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in Training
Morning.

Lyrics - No not this confused again

Good news emzap.

Nice racing Wabo.

Not too long to wait then SC. Do you think you'll have any say in when the op is?

Sorry you didn't get the job Ollie but you're doing well to get to the interview stage, keep at it.

Send some warm weather back please RFJ. We have a weather warning for ice this morning:-(

In a 'you've got to be joking, right?' kind of way I now seem to have come down with a streaming head cold. I thought it was the big miles that was supposed to suppress your immune system?

What:              short and easy/hospital
Why:               it's all I can do/shoulder follow up
Last hard:       the last couple of weeks hasn't been easy
Last rest:        25/2

Yesterday's lyrics - Still Want You by Brandon Flowers.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning,

LMH - unfortunately I've always found it's when you come down off the big miles that you pick something up.  Hope it doesn't turn too bad!

Sorry no time to read back today.

What: a few miles at the gym after work
    Why: because I can and physio said good to keep sciatic nerve working, but not to aggravate it.  It's not an injury, which is good, it's an irritation of the nerve probably caused from overstretching it.  So some mobilisation exercises and gently back to it

Last hard: thinking I might have  yet another injury
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics; Sadly no.

Have a good day all! 
  • Options
    Morning What 7.85? Why need to Lyrics no Quick plod before work will assess later.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Good work Wabo
    Ollie - unlucky but keep plugging away
    What - club set - 7miles threshold (eek)
    why - mara plan
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - weekend
    cold lingering but it's no worse than that, just a bit bunged up and a scratchy throat

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    postie speedy post postie lol!
    dustin enjoy (or maybe not) the threshold!!
    hilly good news then - glad it's not an injury
    lmh good luck with the shoulder follow up

I am so calamity Jane, I fell down the last couple of stairs from my loft with a sewing box in my hands and my left upper arm somehow broke my fall so I didn't hit the stairs!  Very sore arm today along with aching glutes and shins from walking.  I look and feel a wreck lol!
    what: 3 miles later with work buddy
    why: streak and I love it
    last hard: last night's banister
    last rest: 31/12
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Good morning. Get well soon all sick, ill and injured. Good news on some fronts tho. We must keep the physio and med professions going just on this thread! LMH...I asked for a date after 31st May but of they want me earlier I'll just go as it'll be one less concern if/when it gets sorted.
    Lyrics: In the beginning...I thought no...but
    What: Something steady
    Why: I have a half-broken colleague and a son to choose from :-)
    Last hard: This morning's 250 deep squats (Google 30 day challenge. It's a good one to do while brushing your teeth I find)
    Last rest. Week past Friday so overdue but due to taper soon for Sunday.
    Back later
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Unlucky Ollie, I'm sure something will come along soon though (just send in some of your jokes and you're sure to win them over :smile: )
    Wabo owwww be careful please
    LMH Murphy's Law...hope the hospital appointment goes ok today

What: will go for a walk
    Why: not allowed to run today
    Last hard: waking up with bruises down my leg!  Physio really dug her thumbs in.  However, no pain and minimal stiffness in calf, so feeling positive
    Lyrics: nope
    Have a great day all and enjoy the pancakes (LMH if you don't have a gf free recipe, I've done some really nice chickpea flour ones).
  • Options

Morning

LMH: I hope today was a successful day:-)

Ollie: sorry about interview it does mean the right job for you is still waiting for you:-)

Wabo: Oh please be careful how is the arm?

SC: You do go through training partners and seem to break them....Good luck with all the medical issues and op;s
    I am doing the 21 day arm challenge don't fancy the 250 squat challenge:-(

Em: I hope the calf feels better soon:-(

What Treadmill run 3 miles/second run if weather is kind
    Why: Building up Winter miles makes Summer Smiles;-)
    Last hard: The ice
    Lyrics....Nope

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

Sorry you didn't get the job, Ollie.

Ouch, wabo :s:o

Happy Pancake Day :yum:

SC: 250 squats :#   that's a damn lot ...

LMH: A cold, oh no ... :cry:   I think Hilly is right. And it's the same at work. When I'm stressed out I barely get ill. It's when I have time off that my immune system breaks down. I bet your slow pace is still faster than anything I could manage even if a pack of wolves chased me ;) . I wouldn't worry too much. It'll all come back in good time.

What: 9 miles
    Why: felt like it
    Last hard: don't do hard
    Last rest: 17/2
    Lyrics: yes

• Options
    WP: One has recurring tonsilitis, t'other keeps pinging his calf, both been incapable of more that two days a week recently:Fortunately the young gazell was here today and bounced me round just under 5m at 8.09's. My very own alternative pacemaker :-) 4 seasons again today with driving hailstones to finish in the wind. I like the approach to hard Chicksta. WP, might look at the arm challenge. In the process of working through alternative 100 push up programme. 2/3 weeks to go and it's getting intimidationg
  • Options
    Afternoon!

Quick pop in...lyrics: no

What: should be around half an hour this evening as long as the weather doesn't interfere too much!

Why: Tuesday evening in winter

Wabo: could have been worse! When I fell off a ladder I broke the top of my left shoulder. Literally have never been the same since! Had previously broken it playing hockey and this just made things worse. Be careful! Sewing is a dangerous activity.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    4 miles for second run in sunshine :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Hope you're ok Wabo.

Good that it's not an injury Hilly.

Glad you could find someone to run with SC.

Another double Poppy - good going.

Thanks emzap but pancakes are easy. I actually just make them with a generic gf flour.

Nice running before work postie.

Hope the weather is ok for you this evening Alehouse.

'Enjoy' the club session Dustin.

I guess it's all relative  chicksta.

Well I managed six miles this morning, hip again a bit stiff afterwards but ice and keeping it mobile seems to have worked. Hospital visit as expected, consultant says that he can do no more but hopes that the pain will subside over time.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    What: stole off work a little early to catch a 10 minute swim (returning to complete all the paperwork).
    why: it was a bright sunny day (and the hail storm came 30 minutes later)
    last hard: any running (leaving it until Thursday befofore I give it another go)
    last rest: technically Thursday
    lyrics: no

coming on LMH :smile:
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Evening!

What: just over 30 minutes

Why: as planned! On the pavements, which are in a dire state. Came back muddier and wetter than some cross country courses. Weather was dry, surprisingly.

February, which I am glad is now past, was disappointing: around 168km and just one parkrun. Lots of illnesses though! Still averages out at 6k a day, 42k or around 26 miles a week. 28 days run, of course (!) and streak is now at 941. Good to see that streaking is motivating Wabo and Ollie!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Sorry about the job, Ollie