Options

Wednesday 1st March 2017 But February made me shiver

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in Training

Morning! 

Lyrics: But February made me shiver

Glad it is March! February was not the greatest of months running-wise. Due to illness lurking I couldn't take one more step.

What: will warm up and see

Why: supposed to be a quicker day

Happy St. David's Day!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Taking It All Too Hard by Genesis.

Happy St David's Day.

It's cold here this morning Alehouse, distinctly February weather still and wet and windy forecast for tomorrow:-( Are you feeling fully recovered now?

What:            Hoping for a longer run but will see how leg feels
    Why:             The clock's ticking
    Last hard:     Car and road two weeks ago
    Last rest:       25/2

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    What: nada
    why: on-call, VC job interview, still recovering
    last hard: any running
    last "rest": 23 Feb
    lyrics: no

I hear Manchester airport has problems due to snow. We have a light covering of frost.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    No, not fully recovered, LMH: still full of catarrh! Won't shift and hence my hesitancy whether I do something quicker! Cold here and by the time I come out of work at lunchtime it is supposed to be raining. Need a few quicker runs before LFoM, which is getting ever closer!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: 5 km later
    Why: to test out calf
    Last hard: physio's thumbs...
    Lyrics: yes

Going to do a 30 day core challenge too starting today, let's see how has I can get...

Ale I mailed you :)

Have a great day all
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Have replied, Emz! Hope calf is fine! Can you post a link to the core challenge please?

No sign of snow here, OH
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning 
    Wabo - ouch, sounds painful
    LmH - hope you get at least a few miles done!
    snow? still a bit fresh but I think we've seen the last of hours down here.
    what - easy lunchtime, village club meeting tonight
    why - mangled / last one before I sign off
    7m tempo last night after an easy 3m warm up. Averaged around 6:55s so not too far off after racing Saturday and long running Sunday. Clung to the coat tails of a 3:05 V50 and a 3h V40 (actually passed him at the end but he had done 8 easy at lunchtime too). 
    hated every second, loved every second afterwards.
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - erm, yesterday?
    lyric - nope
  • Options

Morning

LMH: Enjoy your run today :)

What 6.5 miles/4 miles later
    Why: Summer is coming
    Last hard: Getting out of bed
    Lyrics; yes
    Last rest 17th of last month:-)
    mileage for February was 161 miles, 6 rest days but 5 were when i was ill or travelling.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Dustin: lol - hating every second of it, loving every second afterwards. Typical speed session :)

em
    : Good luck with the core challenge. Reminds me to do the good old Core-H routine again.

LMH: hope the legs are behaving

Rubbish February for me too due to Florida travel and lurgy. Bring on March and the longer days. It was so lovely to run in daylight at 6:30am today.

What: 6 miles
    Why: back in the swing
    Last hard: can't remember
    Last rest: 17/2
    Lyrics: yes

• Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Bad news on the doorstep Ale. Lot of good challenges on 30 day challenge web-site. Just google, lots of links. This month I'll be doing abs, if i can find them
    LMH: Good luck on the run
    Emzap: I feel your pain
    Lyrics: Yep
    What: Something easy
    Why: No one to run with (Again) and tapering, allegedly, for the weekend
    Last hard: day 30 on the plank challenge yesterday (5 mins)
    Last rest: Last Friday
    Good running all, back later after run, tea and Welshcakes :-) 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

No bad news here, SC! Well I hope not! And I think everyone does know the lyrics really: chose the first line of the second verse as they were so easy, and hopefully appropriate!

What: 3k warm up, 3 x 3 minutes with 90 second interval, a couple of k warm down.

Why: need for speed. Tough going, but ran further than last time I did this session, mid-Jan. Would have struggled to do a 4th.

Was lucky with the weather. Raining now!

• Options
    Signing off the village club committee Dustin?

Take it easy Alehouse - better to be well on the start line than still ill because you felt the need for speed. Beautiful day here and rain not forecast until this evening.

More daylight and warmer weather would be lovely chicksta - especially the latter.

You need more running buddies SC!

Is it the after effects of the operation making running difficult OH?

You sound as though you're enjoying the doubles Poppy.

As I said, lovely day here, a bit chilly but dry, bright and still. All that was going through my head as I got ready for my run was 'two weeks ago today I didn't have any work either and went out and ran and was knocked over' - I need to get a grip on this. Wasn't sure what to do. I really feel that I need to be back to long runs at the weekend or accept that London is just going to be a day out and to be honest at the moment I've lost the love a little and if it wasn't London and I wasn't fundraising I'd be tempted to DNS. But it is and I am so that's not really an option. I managed ten miles in the end though I was slowing in the last two as the leg tired. No seizing up walking home which was good and as a bit of  compensation for not making a MLR (which I would have liked really) I have walked five miles since and if anything legs feel better than they did (right hamstring started grumbling yesterday). If the weather forecast is correct tomorrow may well be a shorter day.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, being careful, LMH! And chin up! You won't have lost too much! You have banked a great deal over the last year. "Think positive thoughts, banish negative ideas and visualize your success", comes to mind!
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    LMH..I'd be happy doing 10, honestly. Great effort, well done. managed 4.5 and yes, I need more buddies if I'm going to improve. Lot slower without a wing man but better safe than...
    Ale: agree with LMH...stay well.
  • Options
    Well done LMH on your 10 miles :)  you will be back to longer runs soon enough.
    Yes I am really enjoying the doubles :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

4.25m yesterday in York, 5k loop this morning

Flying to Pafos in the morning with Mrs RFJ, cant wait, need the break and looking forwards to some sun and 20-22 degrees :-)

Take care all