Options

Should i give up trying to 'break in' my new trainers?

So I went to Runner's World Watford and got my gait analysis done and bought a pair of BROOKS WOMEN'S ADRENALINE GTS 17 RUNNING SHOES in a size 7. I'm normally a 6 but apparently i need to get more room to toes etc..

Anyway, i tried on a few pairs in the shop before buying and ran on the treadmill in the briefly and seemed fine. Also, towards the end of run of say 6-7km.. one foot arch feels sore like im getting a blister or something.

But have been persevering with them, doing alot of treadmill runs, and it just doesn't feel 'right'. Nothing is hurting per se but i feel quite achy and struggling to move past the achy legs and feet,.. I wasn't sure if i was just running so badly before and these trainers were 'correcting' my feet. Anyway, ive had them for 6 weeks now, perhaps it's too late to go back to the shop to change them?? Has anyone else had any issues with new trainers? Should i give up? Feeling frustrated!

Comments

• Options
    rh44rh44 ✭✭
    Did you have support shoe prior to getting your gait analysed? or wear normal trainers?

I wore normal trainers (Nike/Adidas etc) when I started but after gait analysis ended up getting Brooks adrenaline as I over pronated quite a lot.
    The adrenaline are a support shoe so if you've gone to them from normal shoes, you may feel a difference as the arch support and heel support will be more pronounced.

The advice I was given was to wear them walking round the house/street then short runs, alternating between my other shoes, while my body got used to them, rather than heading out for any distance.

Had the same when I went to orthotics as well, wore for a couple of hours at a time until my foot got used to being put in different places.

Having spent a lot of time and money trying to sort my biomechanical issues out, it surprised me how much a change of foot position can have on the rest of the body. (and I'm still not fixed!! :smile: )